It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creature Making a Strange Noise in My Backyard At Night (Help?)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeepin4x4girl

Living in the woods of Hawaii, yeah?

I don't live in Hawaii. You assume I live in Hawaii because my avatar is a Hawaiian flag. You want some bacon to go with that egg?

I live in the upper Midwest. I've shot my share of these critters. It's a coon.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
It's pobably a fox. When I first heard one at night, after I moved house I thought It was a woman screaming ccoz she was being attacked or something. It was quite frightning actually.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
i know exactly what it is.
it's a shark.
some people have sharks as pets and put them in their pool in the backyard.
most sharks make noises, he's probably popping his head out the water and screaming because he's bored of being in such a little environment.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I've just found some fox calls audio. Have a listen and tell me if they're similar or not. Call 1 Call 2 Call 3 and the rest are Here

[edit on 6-5-2006 by Xeros]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by chibidai_rrr

i know exactly what it is. it's a shark.
some people have sharks as pets and put them in their pool in the backyard.
most sharks make noises, he's probably popping his head out the water and screaming because he's bored of being in such a little environment.

I want some of whatever you're smoking.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeros
I've just found some fox calls audio. Have a listen and tell me if they're similar or not. Call 1 Call 2 Call 3 and the rest are Here

Yes! Absolutely, call number 3 is almost an exact match to what I recorded.
Thank you. Case closed.

I can sleep well now knowing it's just a cute little fox.

But darn, what a hell of an eerie sound that is.

See Landis, it's not a coon.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Good, I thought it might be. at least you don't have to worry about bigfoot or murderers anymore.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I tried to post after the sound bytes were posted. Naturally the GD server was down. ****** ****!

Anyway, pass the bacon.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I think it might be a fox, actually. Foxes can make noises like that, but I could be wrong.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I think it might be a fox, actually. Foxes can make noises like that, but I could be wrong.

It is Kacen
:-

Originally posted by Xeros

Yes! Absolutely, call number 3 is almost an exact match to what I recorded.
Thank you. Case closed.

I can sleep well now knowing it's just a cute little fox.

See Landis, it's not a coon.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Awesome!

My dogs are really freaked out from me playing all those comparison sounds.

Comparing the original to the foxcalls, I would vote for Foxcall number 3, as
a near perfect match.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   

From your description I's thinking it was a bobcat because I've been woken up by them while camping years ago. They'll snap you out of a deep sleep real quick.

BOB-CAT.wav

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
relentless,

I grew up in WV and a bobcat makes a sound just like a crying baby and screaming woman. We used to run into them while hunting at night (racoons by the way).

And before the sarcasm starts, they don't make both sounds at the same time.

CX

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Fox cries will definately scare ya to death when they are'nt expected, especially at night! I've lived around the forest for over 30 years and i still introduce the wildlife to colourfull new words when a fox screams during a night walk!

CX.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Google fox sounds

[edit on 6-5-2006 by porschedrifter]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You people have not heard the sounds a NYC alley cat make when they are in heat!
They sound exactly like someone left a baby out in the street crying for its mom.

Pie

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
i havent heard it yet because the link doesnt work for me you should use putfile.com it works pretty good for video and sound files.
However from the discriptions and the fact i have lived in the woods my whole life it sounds like your hearing a coyote thier all over the north east and sometimes they make some real eerry sounds just like screams. Also most people dont realize but black bears make some awful weird screams and so do female deer when trying to scare a predator away from a fawn.

but one thing for sure someone posted about it being a deer in heat calling out for a mate that wouldnt be happening it is not the season for that and they dont make any kinda sound like a scream when they call each other it is more like bleeps and blows ( i consider myself somewhat of an expert on that subject seems how i have called in the last 6 deer i have killed in season).

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
A few weeks ago I had to go out after dark to get something in my truck. I took a couple of steps out and then heard Call 2! Sent me back in the house REAL quick, I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest.
Scared me out of my mind and I haven't been THAT freaked out in a long time.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I really don't know why you people would actually be struck with fear. I have heard strange noises around my home here in Tampa and been woken up by my dog barkign his ass off. I just get up and go outside with a machete and a prayer ready to hack apart anything or anyone not supposed to be on my property. If you guys get woke up by anything else that you honestly do not know what it is, just go outside with your weapon and your dog( if you got one) and try to pin the source yourself.

[edit on 5/6/2006 by DYepes]

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:36 AM
link   
That's my husband snoaring hee hee, by the way I am awakened a lot, to birds chirping right around 3:00 during the spring/summer months! I get so annoyed, I have to close all the windows and put the air on!
Doesn't happen often, but when it does it drives me crazy. Of course it's the bird, with the most annoying little chirp!

What gives me the creeps is when the coyotes or coydogs come on my property and howl for hours. If I had to pick one, I'd settle for the birdies chirping!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join