It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for Tribulation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Prepare for Tribulation

I believe that we must make preparations for our familes and friends that may remain during the tribulation period of the Anti-Christ. Those who must endure during that period will not be able to obtain food nor supplies without the mark of the beast. By preparing for them now, hopefully they will accept Christ as their savior before the Rapture and return of Jesus.
I hope and pray to see all my family in Heaven.

Your thoughts Please

[edit on 5-5-2006 by arkseven]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
What is Tribulation?
And why should we be worried?
and this is't much of a conspiracy...

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
If the only "preparations" you're taking for a future of "tribulation" is accepting "Jesus as your savior" then don't worry, you probably will see your family in heaven.

Me personally, I hope to see everyone in "heaven" not just my family....

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Firebat, I'm waiting for your suggestion's on preparation. Kinda left me hangin' there

I'm also curious what you intend to discuss with Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, and the rest of the gang when you see them in Heaven. Maybe you could start a focus group on the best way to 'skin a cat', so to speak!

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I would say a good preparation is to post on ATS. When the rapture takes place what christians have posted on here will be searched out as never before. People will be looking for the explanation as to what happened and some who were real close to receiving Christ as Savior will do so at that time.

Also people will need to pray read their Bible an dprepare to perservere.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I feel similarly. Stan Deyo's site has some good info and products listed:

standeyo.com...

Though the link seems temporarily not loading on my system a minute ago.

However, I think one has to be somewhat realistic. It's not likely that a lot of preparation would do a lot of people a lot of good in a chaotic, tyrannical situation.

HOWEVER, IF one is led well by Holy Spirit to do specific things, then we can trust that fruitfulness will result. But willy-nilly fear driven flesh originated knee jerk preparation is not likely to be overly fruitful.

I think information about the realities going on may be as or more important than food and other survival gear.

Good of you to start this thread. Thanks.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   
that's if the doctrine of "pre-tribulation rapture" made famous by the left-behind books and movies is true, and from my study of the bible, its most definately not. People are in for a rude awakening thinking they have a "second chance" after millions of people disappear but it is only a doctrine of devils used to make people put off being FAITHFUL and Prepared spiritually NOW and when the tribulation hits those who think they will have that second chance won't.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shortness
that's if the doctrine of "pre-tribulation rapture" made famous by the left-behind books and movies is true, and from my study of the bible, its most definately not. People are in for a rude awakening thinking they have a "second chance" after millions of people disappear but it is only a doctrine of devils used to make people put off being FAITHFUL and Prepared spiritually NOW and when the tribulation hits those who think they will have that second chance won't.

i listened to pre tribulation rapture ministers saying that Christ will come take those people as a thief in the night... funny how the bible says different...

1 Thessalonians 5: 2For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
3For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
4But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

Those who are watching and being ready for Christ 2nd coming shall be the ones saved. The idea that Christ comes secretly then gives nonbelievers or backslidding christians a 2nd chance after his "secret coming" is a bald face lie. The Protestant Reformers never even mentioned a pre trib rapture, nor that Christ 2nd coming would be secret. I mean, doesn't the bible say at Christ 2nd coming every eye shall see him?

And don't get it twisted, If Christ came secretly then comes again after the supposed "7 year trib" thats 3 comings...

Meaning Christ comes 3 times... uhh thats not biblical either.

Read and study the bible, especially alternative doctrines that don't agree with your beliefs, and you will do well. Don't in ignorance believe some charismatic preacher, but study for yourself, you will find that the pre trib theory contradicts the whole bible in the way God deals with His people. It is through tribulation and our dependance on God which will take us through the tribulation that is coming TO ALL OF US, and i hope that we prepare ourselves spiritually and biblically.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

[funny how the bible says different...

Read and study the bible,

I have posted all the verses and explained them on other threads. The Bible most definately tells of Christ coming for believers before the tribulation period begins. May I suggest you look for the threads where I and others have dealt with this issue.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   

that's if the doctrine of "pre-tribulation rapture" made famous by the left-behind books and movies is true, and from my study of the bible, its most definately not.

Revelation 3:10-11 (King James Version)
Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

From them that dwell upon the earth, not from thee. That oughta be clear enough evidence that Jesus Christ is separating thee from them that dwell upon the earth and therefore thee isn't dwelling upon the earth during the hour of temptation.

If one claiming to be a true Christian is found still dwelling here afterwards, they surely fell into the category of one or more of the other six churches described in the seven letters.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
OH FO REALZ, lets take one bible text out of context and make a doctrine out of it and ignore everything else in the bible. YAH!

I mean.. lets consider that
1. That message was to the Philedelphians, which of course would not apply to the endtime people considering the very last people will be the spiritual church of Laodicea.

2. The very next verse says "Him that overcometh" What exactly is the raptured people before the tribulation is overcoming?

3. Why are "true" pre-raptured christians afread of the tribulation?
James 1:2 (Whole Chapter)
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
James 1:12 (Whole Chapter)
Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
2 Peter 2:9 (Whole Chapter)
The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

4. Because the bible has a twofold meaning from a literal and a symbolic point of view, John wrote to the actual church of Philidelphia, you can see this by the way the wording is, notice it says " because thou has kept the word of my patience, i will also keep thee from the hour of temptation" Because this letter was written to the real, actual people of philedelphia 2000 years ago does not universally mean it applies to all christians afterward. Because you have kept [eteresas—aorist active indicative]...I also will keep.” The aorist didst keep states the historical fact.

5. I find it funny that throughout the history of God's people who had to endure persecution and suffering, that supposedly true christians nowadays endorse and support a carnal doctrine that says we don't have to worry about that in the future. Sorry, but it is through tribulation and suffering that will refine our faith and though it be tried in fire it will give God the glory. I mean come on, read the bible, God saved His people through the red sea, God saved Daniel through the lion's den, God saved shadrach etc etc through the fiery furnace. Would it be so farfetched to say that God will save us THROUGH and not from the last tribulation on earth?

[edit on 7-5-2006 by Shortness]

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
~~

there are 144,000 that won't need to have made preparations, because they will be sealed with another 'Mark'...it's said that those 144,000 will go about preaching & witnessing for the whole tribulation time, until the/their end.

then there's those that are 'Left Behind',
but as far as survival goes, one can still barter and trade and wheel-&-deal,
which is beyond the scriptual warning that only those with the 'Mark-of-the-Beast'
wil be able to 'buy and sell'.

If your addicted to being connected to the 'Grid' and immersed in the pop-culture
instant communication & connectivity...then your not the type that gravitates to self-reliance or comradre with a survivalist group or creating a secluded farm/survival compound.

I don't think anybody is prepared for the tribulation and the various judgements and the plagues of 'wraths' that preps the planet by the invasion of angels and establishing some millenial 'kingdom'.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by arkseven
they will accept Christ as their savior before the Rapture

There is no such thing as a rapture.
It's ALL been discussed here -
www.belowtopsecret.com...

This thread belongs in BTS.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Lets face it, if it is half as bad as it is described in the bible, no one caould prepare for it.

So live it up now

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   
If the whole point in the tribulation is as a test for us, why would the rapture happen first? It wouldn't be much of a test then, would it?

And a simple point on the tribulation, even if no one could buy or sell without the mark, could you not live like a nomad or a hunter gatherer? Its what we evolved from, we could do it again if our survival depended on it.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well I own a hundred acres in West Virgina in the wilderness. That is where I will be going to raise "taters and pigs and chickens."

posted on Nov, 5 2008 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I have been praying and am feeling strongly about taking bibles and highlighting important scriptures along with an important note on the inside flap. Bibles will be hard to come by during the tribulation and I'd like to find a way to get many more out there circulating. Also emergency supplies along with canned foods and water would probably be important. If anyone has any other suggestions I'd love to hear them.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think the rapture is a possibility but that doesn't mean its true or not true. The bible talks of those disappearing. I think we must keep a open mind. And I do believe preparing is something god would want. Especial with your own family. If you have one you must provide for it. And if you know whats to come, then you have to think on the lines of providing for them with whats going to happen!!

top topics

join