It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sensing the Father

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I have put so much time in study of religions and also practiced occult and meditation and found a sense of a father (God). Its very difficult to explain but it was as if he made himself known to me and I just sensed he is there where ever that maybe. Has anyone else had such feelings? Like a strong feeling of it not something just of faith but a presence so to speak.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebookling
Its very difficult to explain but it was as if he made himself known to me and I just sensed he is there where ever that maybe. Has anyone else had such feelings? Like a strong feeling of it not something just of faith but a presence so to speak.

I feel God. Definitely. I haven't always--in my younger years God the Father seemed far removed, but I have always, always, felt Jesus. Even before I first went to Sunday school as a tot, I remember, with certainty, that I was not surprised when they supposedly 'introduced' me to Jesus! I somehow already knew He was.

Nowadays, the presence of God is always with me, in the way that you describe. And to be honest, I often actually 'feel' Paul in this manner, and sometimes Peter and frequently Mary Magdalene (she's been around with me almost as long as Jesus has!)

I'm not questioning your judgment and so I hope I don't come off as some holier-than-thou know-it-all, because what I'm about to say, I say only in the interest of love for another child of our mutual Father. Certainly you know that if that presence (which comes from within you, totally) gives you peace of mind,
Good
Orderly
Direction,
and increases sincere love for others within your heart, then it is God.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Yes, for the first time about a year ago. It has the weirdest and most beautiful feeling I have ever had. Unexplainable almost.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
TheBookling & Others,

I am also familiar with the Father's presence. His presence is immediately within us and when one has developed some attunement and desires to know the Father better, He is able to speak within the mind to us. That is not the same as some dellusional personalities hear for hearing the Father speak is a deep religious experience.

Conversations with God can and does happen, and I recommend it to anyone who feels deeply and reverently the need to know the Father.

Ron

new topics

top topics

join