It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Various videos from iraq....

page: 1

join
share:
M6D

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Videos of insurgant leadership in iraq has been shown on tv recently (inluding a rather funny one about the leader in iraq not even knowin how to clear a jammed M249) but my question is, in these videos theyre are a LOT of US weapondary, including M4's, 16's and 249's, how on earth did they get that much?!

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I imagine through several means.

1) Ambush as US patrol, steal the weapons from the dead.
2) Insurgents have inside contacts on the base providing them with weapons
3) In the rush through to war there would have been a lot of US equipment go missing (it always dos in war)

Just my opinion.

Oh and the videos btw are absolutely priceless! What a prat that guy is! I am a fearless terrorist warrior, but I don't know how to use a gun and those trainers, what style. Whats even better is that they released it onto Iraqi tv, so he must be absolutely fuming!

Heres a link for those of you who haven't seen the video yet.

www.cnn.com...

Check out the video halfway down the page!

M6D

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
tell me about it! i bet he doesnt even fight in front line action!! this GREAT leader that he is, no doubt he chose a SAW because he figured Oh, you can fire these while standing up as the recoil is low..and i SHALL LOOK TOUGH!!! haha aww.. sometimes these things are so stupid :p

but out of curiosity, if it was an ambushed US patrol, wouldnt other US forces be around or somthing? with that whole leave no man behind and if they were stolen, doesnt that really say somthing about security?!

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I've seen in some report a while back, can't remember exactly where, that civilians can legally export M82 sniper rifles out of the U.S. as long as it is not loaded and they fill out the proper paperworks. Obviously, trafficking weapons to Iraq is most likely a big no-no, but once it's circulating across the world, who knows what happens to those weapons? I would imagine a couples are smuggled to the terrusts?

Originally posted by M6D
tell me about it! i bet he doesnt even fight in front line action!! this GREAT leader that he is, no doubt he chose a SAW because he figured Oh, you can fire these while standing up as the recoil is low..and i SHALL LOOK TOUGH!!! haha

You don't see great leader president Bush on the front line firing a SAW either. I'm clueless about Zarwiqawididoo's role in Iraq, but if he's just that, a leading figure, then his inefficiency with weapons is not that surprising.

M6D

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
you obviously havent seen this video! last time i checked bush didnt try to give everyone an image of himself holding a machine gun firing it from the hip :p obviously this guy in iraq is trying to tell everyone he acutally fights or somthing akin to that!

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by M6D
holding a machine gun firing it from the hip

LOL! Rambo style. That firing stance can kill 50 opfors in one pull of the trigger, while screaming at the top of your lungs for effect.

That reminded me of this thread:
www.belowtopsecret.com...

EDIT: www.hellinahandbasket.net...

[edit on 6-5-2006 by ufia]

M6D

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
lol! well, you know, that dude in iraq, hes trying to 'down' with the local bizles n'it, blates! j/k obviously the from teh hip is this montha latest hot style.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
"I don't understand it?!?! I could have swore this would work."

"Oh, here's the problem, it was on Safety."

Shattered OUT...

M6D

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
hehe, well we all know how 'proffesional' these isurgants are from oh so many videos, anyone remember the guy standing in the middle of a street firing an AK at an abrams? :p

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Anyone who doesn't see the irony behind the Bush Administration and his Pentagon promoting this "bumbling-Zarqawi" propaganda hasn't been paying attention for the last six years.

Anyways... What exactly is the Pentagon trying to say here? For several years, they and Fox News have been doing their damndest to scare the bajesus out of Americans. "...and this is ANOTHER FOX NEWS ALERT...... Terrorist mastermind Zarqawi has done it again.... an attack leaves 12 American soldiers dead and another 30 wounded etc"... "Zarqawi, LEADER of the big bad Al Queda in Iraq" okay, we get it. He's a big, bad, scary man and if we don't all focus on him and hate him as much as possible, we're going to lose our way of life!

And then they release this... "Well, it appears that, uh, this guy may be a bumbling idiot." WHICH IS IT? Are we just supposed to sit and laugh at this guy? Is that supposed to give us the impression that the war is going well, we're "handlin' bidniss" over there?

M6D

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
haha, well you see, we're talking about the same american press that basically (if you view it in some ways) lost america the war in vietnam, its almost like the US press sometiems is explicitiy anti press! verging on treasoness at times! (well okay! maybe THATS an exaggeration) but still, this is a goverment released video, not the bumbling crap the press regularly come out with, the same press that bend the truth way to often.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat
Anyways... What exactly is the Pentagon trying to say here? For several years, they and Fox News have been doing their damndest to scare the bajesus out of Americans. "...and this is ANOTHER FOX NEWS ALERT...... Terrorist mastermind Zarqawi has done it again.... an attack leaves 12 American soldiers dead and another 30 wounded etc"... "Zarqawi, LEADER of the big bad Al Queda in Iraq" okay, we get it. He's a big, bad, scary man and if we don't all focus on him and hate him as much as possible, we're going to lose our way of life!

Zarqawi is a general strategist and planner of missions - he's not an executor of missions. I think the Pentagon is simply trying to show those in the Arab world that he is nowhere near this "Great Warrior" figure that he has been made out to be. Instead of this great highly skilled, lead from the front kind of guy that the insurgency tries to portray him as, he looks more like an overweight desk jockey that doesn't even know how to use an automatic rifle and likes american running shoes. That doesn't make him any less dangerous, as he is obviously very skilled at what he does.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by M6D
haha, well you see, we're talking about the same american press that basically (if you view it in some ways) lost america the war in vietnam, its almost like the US press sometiems is explicitiy anti press! verging on treasoness at times! (well okay! maybe THATS an exaggeration) but still, this is a goverment released video, not the bumbling crap the press regularly come out with, the same press that bend the truth way to often.

The American Press "basically lost the war in Vietnam" ??? What?! I think you're SMOKING what lost the war for us! (j/k) ;-)

Yes, this is a government-released video... just as most of the mainstream American press is government-released, from FOX to CNN.

I think the Pentagon actually looked kinda lame when they were explaining the video to the press, pointing out that Zarqawi didn't know how to clear his jammed gun... I seriously doubt that. It's a heavy gun and we know how these jokers operate... they get their little guys to do all the work. To me, it's the same thing as someone filling President Bush's glass of water or opening the door of a car for him. It's typical high-and-mighty, self-centered pompous BS that people with power seem to like. Do we honestly believe that Zarqawi doesn't know how to clear a gun? This is just more propaganda from the U.S. Government trying to play to Americans' emotions. They set this guy up as some sort of evil genius mastermind of terror so that we'd all get behind the war. Now that the major operations are over, and have been over, they're trying to win the political war.... downgrading the insurgency, trying to play it off as some sort of temporary flare-up that will be dealt with. PLEASE.

Also, they made it a point to direct our attention to Zarqawi's western shoes and pick-up truck etc., as if to say he's some sort of hypocrite. They're trying to portray these guys as cave-dwellers who want to take Islam back to the Dark Ages. They're not anti-technology. It has nothing to do with that or the shoes they wear.

It's like John Stewart said this evening... this guy is such a bumbling moron but the United States Armed Forces can't capture him in three years? Oh, that's right... they DID catch him but they let him go because they didn't know who he was. That is atrocious and totally indicative of how this entire war has been conducted since Day 1.

M6D

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Actually its quite true! its been posted around here before, during the tet offensive the NVA were wiling to call it a day and come to terms of a truce, however the american press exaggerated and make the US forces look like they wre taking so much more heavier losses that the NVA in the end didnt.

but i think the point of the video was to show this man isnt what HE is trying to show everyone he is, as other people have said, this guy is basically telling people hes this wonderful hero who fights on the front line, somthing this video clearly REFUTES!

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by firebat

Originally posted by M6D

The American Press "basically lost the war in Vietnam" ??? What?! I think you're SMOKING what lost the war for us! (j/k) ;-)

Yes, this is a government-released video... just as most of the mainstream American press is government-released, from FOX to CNN.

I think the Pentagon actually looked kinda lame when they were explaining the video to the press, pointing out that Zarqawi didn't know how to clear his jammed gun... I seriously doubt that. It's a heavy gun and we know how these jokers operate... they get their little guys to do all the work. To me, it's the same thing as someone filling President Bush's glass of water or opening the door of a car for him. It's typical high-and-mighty, self-centered pompous BS that people with power seem to like. Do we honestly believe that Zarqawi doesn't know how to clear a gun? This is just more propaganda from the U.S. Government trying to play to Americans' emotions. They set this guy up as some sort of evil genius mastermind of terror so that we'd all get behind the war. Now that the major operations are over, and have been over, they're trying to win the political war.... downgrading the insurgency, trying to play it off as some sort of temporary flare-up that will be dealt with. PLEASE.

Also, they made it a point to direct our attention to Zarqawi's western shoes and pick-up truck etc., as if to say he's some sort of hypocrite. They're trying to portray these guys as cave-dwellers who want to take Islam back to the Dark Ages. They're not anti-technology. It has nothing to do with that or the shoes they wear.

It's like John Stewart said this evening... this guy is such a bumbling moron but the United States Armed Forces can't capture him in three years? Oh, that's right... they DID catch him but they let him go because they didn't know who he was. That is atrocious and totally indicative of how this entire war has been conducted since Day 1.

Dont quote jon stewart hes funny and all but he hates president and he says to get people to watch his show. did you see copert bomb at the white house dinnerm i has so happy. he sucks, dry humor isnt that funny, bush made him look like an idoit cuz he stole the show from him.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I love this one;

Dont quote jon stewart hes funny and all but he hates president and he says to get people to watch his show. did you see copert bomb at the white house dinnerm i has so happy. he sucks, dry humor isnt that funny, bush made him look like an idoit cuz he stole the show from him.

Yep, people that are forced to stage a mockery of news media do to the complete lack there of, must suck.

That's sarcasm btw.

Sure, historically every-time idiots are let loose in a society its the intellectuals that get the blunt of it, while the only thing "they" can do to keep sane in the sea of morons is sarcasm and "dry humor."

Yea, we used to be the most progressive country in the world, just look at us now.

John Stewart is pretty much the only TV character who is in position to name things as they are, while back in the days that was the job of journalists.

Oh yea, the Zarqawi video.

Lets look at the first video of his address, the one mimicking Osama, where the AK-74U was leaning against the mountain.

I don't have a link handy, so if somebody has it feel free to share.

Please note that the video is shot in a perfectly lighted set, by what is commonly known as 3 point lighting.

A good job at that, perfect contrast, saturation, no chroma peaking, basically a pro set up, and shot on a DVC format, which looks remarkably like Canon XL1 btw.

Next, the room was toned, if some one does not know what that means, look it up.

Next, the white background look remarkably like sheet rock, which must have been brough to Iraq under rebuilding contracts, right?

Has to be, since I for one never heard that Saddam shopped for Iraq's building materials at the local Home Depot.

Next, notice that in the video with SAW, ALL of the weapons are not only US, but look perfectly new. It's very simple to anybody that knows what happens to a battlefield weapon after only one week of field use.

His helpers look interesting to, notice body types and physique build.

Yea, smells like wag the dog all over again, so watch out for "part time" Albanian terrorists and extras that are eating Subways in the back of the set.

Then we have all these stories circulating that Zarqawi is a low base CIA propoganda asset.

Humm, this sounds like a job for Jon Stewart!

M6D

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Soooooooo...you basically think the CIA are so utterly stupid they cant acutally get AK 47 type rifles even though theyre sold legally in the streets to use in a video? hmmmmmmmm...Nice one!

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Is that the only point in either of our posts that you felt you could address?

M6D

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Well if you want me to be honest, i dont think im particularly held responsible to ADRESS your points, mr 'fed up' because i for one, only started the topic at hand to ask about an issue on the videos, not to explain what your NOW trying to ask me to explain, so i again say no, i am not inclined to adress either issue as its not an argument i bought up, and its not an argument that you can try and force upon me either.

new topics

top topics

join