It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote view this. Make me believe.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by watch_the_rocks
But sophis, you should have asked around on how to properly conduct this test, to quash all counter-arguments.

Oh, my next one will be much tighter. But this is good - I'm actually quite happy that folks are giving feedback on how better to do the experiment. It shows that everyone is thinking hard about how things like this can end up with leaked info and other problems.

Cmon someone, find out what it is!

Here's hoping! Apparently, I didn't make it TOO easy, though..

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:54 AM
link   
two boxes it looks like, one to the left is like 2 pyramids with the bases attached.. right is rectangular. it's a space-ship model?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a cd case and a sock

ok seriously, it hard for me to tell you exactly what the objects are, one seems square, has angles and is hard, my first correlation to something square with corner angles was cd case, however it could be a small booklet or photograph. I get mostly black and white with little bits of color..again another reason why my logic felt it could be a cd case.

second object is loosely shaped, like it's draped, sock? scarf? piece of cloth, plastic material, clothing of some sort? I also get white with this object.

btw, I found it hard to focus this because all I could really visualize was the fishing line. Next time try the giving us coordinates. Take a picture of an object, put it in an envelope and write the coordinates on them. Then give us the coordinates so we can try to rv what the picture is.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   
A ticket to a sold out Blue Cheer concert in Paramus, New Jersey from 1968, and a broken plastic giraffe.

Do I win?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sophismata

Originally posted by Enkidu
By telling us it's hanging from a string in your room, our minds are already focusing on certain kinds of things

YEah, I considered the possibility, but decided I needed to make it stand out from the other crap in the room once you're here mentally. And I picked this specific room because it's the one I type all these messages from, and I figured that could help remote viewers "home in".

From what I understand, it doesn't work that way. Part of the training involves getting used to guessing completely in the dark and only learning if you're right afterwards, so you slowly build your skills through positive feedback. And even for "gifted" folks, it can actually take a long time to learn. I was interested in it a while back, but I decided that I had no particular use for it, considering all the time it would take to get good at it.

Besides, all the psychic testing and training I ever had indicated that I was only good at making statistically significant negative guesses. And what good is that?

P.S. - My guess is something furry or with feathers, and one of those photometer light-bulb things that spins when sunlight hits it. I'm getting "bulb shape" and motion.

Again, real remote viewers try not to see "objects" but rather "attributes." Keeps them from closing their minds by wanting the object to be a certain thing.

Who knows?

[edit on 8-5-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   

This'll be another "try to see what this thing is" thread. The difference is I'm a super skeptic yet I WANT you to beat me (i'd love for remote viewing to be real). The object in question will be VERY specific and unusual. Since I'm coming at this from the perspective of a skeptic, a confirmed hit from me will be a BIG DEAL.

The object in question is in my computer room where I sit as I type this and is actually a combination of two objects. It is hanging from fishing line. Please describe *exactly* what it is. General features are FAR too easy to guess at for objects and I fear this is what folks count as "hits" for R.V. I will not screw up the experiment by giving feedback on who is close or who is way off. As SOON as I see the right answer, I will post that (and a photo which I've already taken of the object on my digital camera for all to see).

Feel free to remote view or OBE or whatever you need. Drawn pictures of what you see would be REALLY awesome, as they could later match my photo when I post it. If I don't get the right answer after too long, I'll just post the pic.

is it a model plane haning on the line. red and gray, double wing?

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I seriously hurt myself trying this LOL but - it's soft. I thought maybe pipe cleaners at first but I think it's one of those cleaning thingies for blinds...fuzzy yellow usually with like five or six bristles and a handle with a funny shape.

Then again maybe it is pipe cleaners?

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I'll be posting the answer tomorrow, folks! I gotta figure out the best way to post the photo (help, anyone?)

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I'm not a remote viewer and have lots of unanswered questions about this alleged ability myself. BUT - I thought I'd give it the college try, so I'm putting in what I picked up??? on.

a round object and a feather - possible a dreamcatcher, but the round object kept coming to me as a ball, almost a ball of yarn or string or twine, instead of a wheel.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
it's a coat hanger with a paper clip hanging on the right side

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I gotta figure out the best way to post the photo (help, anyone?)

Probably just host them on a site like photobucket. If you can't get anything to work, email me the pic and I'll host it for you if you want.

Hmm... tomorrow eh? I better whip out my Farsight Voyager SRV MP3s and give it one more serious go. If I can muster the effort

Anyway here are a few of my attempts where I got some significant hits, significant enough to save anyway.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Subscribing to see the results

I'm positive this has been covered, but can someone link me to somewhere that has an explaination of what the differences are between RV and OOBE?

Thanks

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   
RV as in Remote Viewing is where "you" stay put but are able to view objects, places, events remotely. Or it's a recreational vehicle. Which will get you there comfortably, but the mileage isn't as good.

OOBE is an Out of Body Experience where "you", meaning "your consciousness" actually leaves your body and travels somewhere else, sometimes as remote as the outreaches of the Universe. Or it's an ancient Turkish woodwind instrument (pronounced "oobie") that makes a particularly irritating squealing noise. If you play one in a recreational vehicle, you're likely to be abandonded at a roadside stop.

Of course, I could be wrong.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
To add to what yeahright said (which was correct), Remote Viewing can be done while fully awake and concious. Even with your eyes open. Whereas most or all of the time, in order to have an out of body experience/astral projection, your physical body has to actually fall asleep. There are a few exceptions where people spontaneously pop out while fully awake, but usually you have to be 'unconcious' in the generally accepted sense. At least if you are purposefully trying to have an out of body experience.

In remote viewing, you see your target in your mind (from a distance, you are not actually there). In astral projection (a willful, nonspontaneous, and concious effort to have an out of body experience yourself), you are actually physically there in front of something, just like you are sitting at your computer right now looking at it.

[edit on 10-5-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'm seeing a colorful dragon and a cone of some kind. Megaphone? Something conical.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
A stuffed animal - a dragon.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

If the picture is on your computer,

Click the Memcenter button (second from right)
On the left side of the page, find and click on "Member Upload"
At the bottom, click "Browse" and find your picture.
Click "Upload"
Your renamed filename will appear in a window at the top of that section.
Select the filename and hit CNTR C to copy it
Go to your post and CNTR V to place the name in your post. Surround it with ats tags, explained here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Use the Preview Post button to see if it's working.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

easiest way is to just upload to www.imageshack.us or www.tinypic.com

and just paste the code within the [IMG.] tag (without the period)

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
model of an X-Wing fighter

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
A puzzle cube red yellow blue green

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join