It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remote view this. Make me believe.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
This'll be another "try to see what this thing is" thread. The difference is I'm a super skeptic yet I WANT you to beat me (i'd love for remote viewing to be real). The object in question will be VERY specific and unusual. Since I'm coming at this from the perspective of a skeptic, a confirmed hit from me will be a BIG DEAL.

The object in question is in my computer room where I sit as I type this and is actually a combination of two objects. It is hanging from fishing line. Please describe *exactly* what it is. General features are FAR too easy to guess at for objects and I fear this is what folks count as "hits" for R.V. I will not screw up the experiment by giving feedback on who is close or who is way off. As SOON as I see the right answer, I will post that (and a photo which I've already taken of the object on my digital camera for all to see).

Feel free to remote view or OBE or whatever you need. Drawn pictures of what you see would be REALLY awesome, as they could later match my photo when I post it. If I don't get the right answer after too long, I'll just post the pic.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
remote viewers usually need some sort of coordinates to focus in on. You can make them up, write it on the paper and hang it on the same fishing line.

good luck in getting an "exact" description, it isn't that easy and usually you get general descriptive terms, maybe a picture, etc, things that when put together can be described as acurate.

find some tips here or do a search on how to conduct a proper remote viewing experiment.

www.jackhouck.com...

paranormal.about.com...

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
~~

don't get overanxious and reveal your 'target' too soon.

it will likely take me a few 'excursions' into that metaphysical realm to get my bearings & equilibrium...

i reallythink the 'hint' that the target object is suspended by fishing line
creates an unwanted & unhelpful target...
because one's mind begins instinctively to factor in weight/mass/volume
of object targets that It 'Cound-Not-Be'.

perhaps you might set a date, say; 5-6-or 7 days hence, to accept replies
to your challenge / experiment ...

Sophismata, before you accept the astral spying into your computer studio,
you might consider the target at another location which is not in your private space...
i think worldwatcher has some wise advice.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I'm seeing.. a fishing line.. can't quite make out the object.. it's too blurry right now. I see... a computer. there's something grey on the screen.. looks like.. a blog. there's black letters on the top left.. A.. looks like a T.. 5... wait it's not 5 it's S.. A.T.S

Am I close?

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sophismata
This'll be another "try to see what this thing is" thread. The difference is I'm a super skeptic yet I WANT you to beat me (i'd love for remote viewing to be real). The object in question will be VERY specific and unusual.

You've already wrecked the experiment by giving us too much information. A good Ganzfeld Test separates the object or view by at least two layers of control. WE aren't supposed to know anything about what we're trying to RV, and it would really help if YOU didn't know, either.

By telling us it's hanging from a string in your room, our minds are already focusing on certain kinds of things like round things like planets or saucers and when we get fixated like that, we'll tend not to allow the real images in. But I'm not trained, anyway, so all I could really do is guess, and that's not really a test of anything.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Another copy of so many topics. You standing credit as proof holds as much ground as all those others wanting personal proof before you and after you...absolutely none. Thus a waste of time.

Remote Viewing is real even if people on this board can't proof you wrong. RV'ing is used by the CIA and such after all alongside of some very interesting docu's on the tv I've seen about it as well. One docu in particulair about the history of Ninja's, Samurai and their abilities in relationship to modern day. In this they asked the ninjutsu master to find the location of a "captivity" and a group of remote viewers as well. They were all quite detailed explenations.

This link is all I got to say about it

[edit on 5-5-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu
By telling us it's hanging from a string in your room, our minds are already focusing on certain kinds of things

YEah, I considered the possibility, but decided I needed to make it stand out from the other crap in the room once you're here mentally. And I picked this specific room because it's the one I type all these messages from, and I figured that could help remote viewers "home in".

I also think it would be fun to conduct an experiment as another poster suggested using some double-blind mechanism, but I didn't think of it until I'd already placed this object. So, I think I'll finish this one off within a week or so (those of you wanting to try to RV this, you might try working it within the next week). Then I'll start a new thread and do a better controlled experiment (so, point taken).

Meantime, this would STILL be a good way for an individual to show their RV prowess. The object is still set up and the photo is ready to post when identified.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sophismata
The object in question is in my computer room where I sit as I type this and is actually a combination of two objects. It is hanging from fishing line.

Hi. well fishing line is the 1st object.

Is the 2nd object flouresent. Like does it glow?

Just a guess

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cara
Is the 2nd object flouresent. Like does it glow?

I'll remind folks that I won't be commenting (and this itself is not a direct comment about her guess) on guesses REGARDLESS of how accurate or inaccurate they are. When someone gets it, or next week, I will end it.

I will, however, comment on the experiment itself - as others have pointed out some ways in which I've made it too easy. But hey, if I helped you out, it'll be that much easier to get. But yeah, I'll fix any experimental issues in next week's experiment.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Is it string of raw dried out chicken livers?

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
First, I'd like to ask you to assign a random 4 digit number to the object like Worldwatcher suggested, and attach it if possible. Take another picture with the 4 digit number also in the picture with the object.

Then share this number here for all to see.

See your U2U for my preliminary guess, and I will make another attempt once you assign the number to the object.

I've also drawn a sketch. Make sure you get me to show you before you release the photo.

I'd also consider making another experiment where you don't say that the object is unusual, comprised of two objects, and hanging from fishing line. Just take something, whip a number on it, give out the number and don't say anything else.

[edit on 5-5-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
My first thought when seeing the topic only was blocks with numbers on them.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
its a neon pink boob lure...has 2 hooks...

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
First, I'd like to ask you to assign a random 4 digit number to the object like Worldwatcher suggested, and attach it if possible. Take another picture with the 4 digit number also in the picture with the object.

Then share this number here for all to see.

Good idea. The number i've attached is 6367, generated by a random procedure I won't bore anyone with. It is easily visible on the object. Good luck, folks!

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Not important but 6367 is the birth years of you and another.

The item looks like black plastic spider, like one of those rings you get from playing skeeball.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lanotom
Not important but 6367 is the birth years of you and another.

This I feel I must squash right here, so as not to have others be misled. I truly did generate 6367 by a random method. They are meaningless numbers that were requested by a couple RVers so they could home in on the number tied to the object (i'm guessing that was what it was for).

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
*meditates for a while*

it is a pair of fluffy dice.

- nazgarn

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
If you don't answer I'll know I'm incorrect, I'll give two things,

1st one was with a gut feeling I did - is it KEYS ?

2nd choice I did with trying to visualize it - is it the SODA TAB, ( the little silver tab part that you pull off that opens the soda can?

I didn't take long at trying this, if I'm wrong I'll try doing it again, but taking more time to visualize!

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I'll be watching this thread to see what happens.

But sophis, you should have asked around on how to properly conduct this test, to quash all counter-arguments.

Cmon someone, find out what it is!

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Its an olive drab spitfire with the eyes and big smile with teeth bared

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join