It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Porter Goss Just Resigns as CIA Director

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Hi all. I just heard on the news that Goss left the CIA. Wow. First it was the Press Secretaries. And now it is the CIA directors. I find that this news has a lot of speculation under its belt, knowing that a lot of retired CIA people are talking about news on the "War of Terror":

yahoo.com
WASHINGTON -CIA Director Porter Goss resigned unexpectedly Friday, leaving behind a spy agency still battling to recover from the scars of intelligence failures before America's worst terrorist attack and faulty information that formed the U.S. rationale for invading
Iraq.

It was the latest move in a second-term shake-up of President Bush's team.

Making the announcement from the Oval Office, Bush called Goss' tenure one of transition.

"He has led ably," Bush said, Goss at his side. "He has a five-year plan to increase the analysts and operatives."

Rumor has it that Mr. Negroponte was the one who handed Mr. Goss his walking papers.

What do you guys think about this?

[edit on 5-5-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted by ceci2006: “Hi all. I just heard on the news that Porter Goss left the CIA. Wow. First it was the Press Secretaries. And now it is the CIA director. I find that this news has a lot of speculation under its belt, knowing that a lot of retired CIA people are talking about news on the "War of Terror."

Former Congressperson Goss' job was to unify the efforts of 16 different intelligence agencies the US taxpayer’s pay for thanks to the desire of so many Congresspersons to be the all important “overseer” of an intelligence agency. Like a kid with a lot more toys than it needs or deserves. Toys that they don’t have to pay for.

CIA Director Porter Goss resigned unexpectedly Friday, leaving behind a spy agency still battling to recover from the scars of intelligence failures before America's worst terrorist attack and faulty information that formed the U.S. rationale for invading Iraq. It was the latest move in a second-term shake-up of President Bush's team. [Say hello Karl Rove] Making the announcement from the Oval Office, Bush called Goss' tenure one of transition. "He has led ably," Bush said, Goss at his side. "He has a five-year plan to increase the analysts and operatives."

Rumor has it that Mr. Negroponte [Homeland Security] was the one who handed Mr. Goss his walking papers. What do you guys think about this? [Edited by Don W]

I think it is piling stink on stink. Anybody recall the speech Geo W gave when he picked Mr. Goss?

[edit on 5/5/2006 by donwhite]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Considering how sudden this appears to be and the fact it happened on Friday,
I don't think he quit just because he is unpopular and Negropointe
was appointed as his "boss".

I smell a scandel.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

It most certainly is because of a scandal. Mr. Goss couldn't keep a lid on the CIA leaks. And being a hack for Bush, he just didn't realize that he was second in the food chain under Mr. Negroponte. I have never seen in the history of the American government such a devaluation of the CIA's role as in this present adminstration.

Negroponte had power over Goss in terms of "spying activities" foreign or domestic. It was only a matter of time to see who would stay or go. Conventional wisdom tells me that someone was not happy with the breaking of ranks by CIA people across the board against the Adminstration.

No doubt this has Mr. Rove's imprint in this. Just because he was "removed" from his position in the White House, does not mean that he has completely lost power. Mr. Rove still holds the puppet strings.

Just a thought.

I barely recall what Mr. Bush said about Mr. Goss. But, now that you mention it, donwhite, I most certainly will look it up and re-read his words.

I had also heard that Mr. Lieberman might have been the next in line for the CIA head. But the spokeswoman for the Senator had said that when he was asked, Mr. Lieberman flatly said no.

Mr. Bush will certainly have a time trying to fill this seat--yet again.

[edit on 5-5-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is only part of the story since 911 was not entirely a local op. Termination of Goss indicates a struggle within the CIA, at this point I'm not sure who is winning. But like I said if they pin it all on Bush then Bush is gonna talk and he has a lot to say...

A number of people in the conspiracy world believe that the FBI is under control of the White House but that the CIA is under foreign control, answers to a foreign power of sorts.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   

top topics

join