It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Aliens Think We're Too Far Below Them(We're made out of meat)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
This could be a discussion that's been done on here several times before, but I don't visit the Alien and UFO forum much. I saw a discussion on a short film today were two aliens are discussing humans. It's funny when you first watch it, but then it actually has serious implications. Even if there are aliens, maybe they think we're just animals and won't ever bother making contact with us. For instance humans don't try to communicate and live with gorillas (with odd exceptions) even though we know that they are intelligent animals because to us they are just that. Animals.

Watch "They're made out of meat" or read a transcript if you don't have a broad-band connection. Once you're done laughing at the plot you'll have to agree that there is an interesting angle to the story.

EDIT: I almost think it's better to read the transcript than watch the story since the movie doesn't feel sci-fi at first.

[edit on 5-5-2006 by dbates]

[edit on 5-5-2006 by dbates]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:11 PM
link   
yea,but we already have contact with aliens,just about every president but bush(cause hes not smart enough) knows about aliens an probably met one at some time.

plus wouldnt you think that if aliens are to far more advanced than us they would have more respect an thoughtfullness than we do,even if they look at us as lower forms of life,they would still make contact,or try to understand us

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DalairTheGreat
yea,but we already have contact with aliens,just about every president but bush(cause hes not smart enough) knows about aliens an probably met one at some time.

I'd be interested to see where you got that information.

The only EBE-encounter that i've heard of happened with Dwight in the 50's.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Cheney knows about the aliens. Cheneys behind alot of the stuff in the governments.
The systems they use is on a need to know basis. If you dont need to know they dont tell you.
Bush plainy has made to many mistakes and is on the need to know.
Cheney on the other hand runs everything in the background. Thats another reason he doesnt want to run for president,By running his background may come up during the election.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
While I certainly agree that Bush is an idiot while, conversely, Cheney is a fairly intelligent guy....

Where is your evidence that Cheney's really in charge? Where is your evidence that he has previously been in contact with an EBE, as you stated in your first post?

Are you just saying all this stuff or do you have any real sources?

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
A reminder to member's posting to ths thread

The topic of discussion is:
Would Aliens Think We're Too Far Below Them(We're made out of meat)

Please, let's get back on topic.

Thank you.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Please read the opinions are NOT facts post dalair!

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If there were any such thing as aliens, maybe they avoid us because we're SUPERIOR to them in many ways, not inferior. Maybe there's something about the way our minds work that is toxic to them. Not just because we're supposedly a "violent" species. As far as species go, we're pretty laid-back. But our minds perceive the world in such a way that makes it difficult for aliens to exist, to communicate with us, to fly around, etc. I always think it's misguided to think of ourselves as somehow inferior to these bugs. They would avoid us if the opposite was true, too.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
That attitude is comparable to that of a unindustrialized tribesman living in a hut using spears thinking they are surperior to some sort of industrial colonial imperialists who drive around in huge ships with guns.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazz_psyker
That attitude is comparable to that of a unindustrialized tribesman living in a hut using spears thinking they are surperior to some sort of industrial colonial imperialists who drive around in huge ships with guns.

Absolutely correct!

Technology doesn't necessarily make you a better or more superior person, or being, or whatever. Just because you tap away at a computer keyboard, I hope you don't think that you're somehow superior to some little old dude picking potatoes in Mongolia.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
You can always posit an alien intelligence so far advanced from our own, almost godlike as it were, that they would take no notice of us, make no attempt to communicate etc. because we would be as insects to them.

That's difficult to do, however, because when viewed from above, we still clearly are an intelligent, tool-using species, a technological race with artifacts visible from space, easily detectable air pollution, and an enormous waste heat signature. To say nothing of a 100+ light year radio footprint. Aliens may look askance at our moral shortcomings, lack of common sense, and even lack of basic survival instincts, but they would still see us as a race to be reckoned with.

If we humans discovered a species of tree frog that drove cars and built computers, we'd try to communicate with them, even if they were "only frogs."

I think, as a species, we are eminently contactable. Maybe not great company, but interesting enough to take a looksee at.

Baack

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Obviously in the physical planes we are lacking vs the aliens but I think it is all about the spiritual levels. I see reason to believe that humans are superior to some of the aliens that come here on a spiritual level since they have a fear of us. Why abduct people in the middle of the night when they are asleep and most defenceless? If you have absolute power over an animal then you do what you want when you want to and you don't hide it. The grays and lizards have a fear of us for some reason that is for sure and I hope that people realize this and reflect on the reason why.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 04:37 PM
link   
[Mod Edit: removed unnecessary quote of Entire preceeding post]

It might be because we're so ugly they dont want to see us in daylight. Just a thought.

Regarding the animal, keep in mind that your absolute power isnt really something... absolute. We do exactly the same with animals. We tranquilize them despite the fact we could NUKE them if we wanted to. At its core, its not a matter of fear at all: Its a matter of safety. We dont take chances.

Just because a lion can rip you apart and eat you, you dont fear it, do you?

[edit on 5/9/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

top topics

join