It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cranberry Glades West Virgina and the CIA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Here is a great read....

www.thirdworldtraveler.com...

I truly hate the fact that "they" are listening...

Guess the Constitution makes a good wallhanging

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
here is a pretty good picture

" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
This is an incredible facility

[img]
[/ img]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
There's a similar place somewhere in Maynard, Massachusetts. Perhaps someone could find the satellite imagery for that as well? I live in the area but have only seen it from the road.

EDIT:

Just wanted to clarify, I am *NOT* talking about the FEMA facility there, unless it is operating under a FEMA guise. It's common knowledge locally that it is some sort of monitoring station, and the apparatus there resembles what was shown above.

[edit on 8-5-2006 by therainmaker]

[edit on 8-5-2006 by therainmaker]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
It is not part of ECHELON that I can see.

But I will look into it.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Just across the mountain from Elkins in Pocohantas County is a Naval Base. Many years ago when I was in graduate school we visited the area. There are many weird things going on in that area. When visiting Spruce Knob, the highest point in the state, we happened up a restricted area.

The area we were told was a private facility used for "summer camps" for diplomats children. Those who attended the "camp" learned survival training as well as other things.

Also at that time there was a good number of Harvard and Yale graduates in the area which seemed very strange as this is in the land of nowhere.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
i go to spruce knob twice a year or so to camp and observe in pristine dark skies, and to hike seneca rocks and ive never seen anything unusual there. the only legends i grew up on while a kid living in elkins was that bigfoot was in the mountains

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The place is now called The Mountain Institute, formally the Woodlawn Mountain Institute. Here is the website www.mountain.org. Not only do they have the project in WV but also the Andes and Himalayan. The educational experience at Spruce Knob is listed as "experimental".

The website states "...drop in visitors are always welcome...". However, that was not the case when two of my classsmates and I happened on the area. In 1986 there were solar global positioning devices. After venturing no more than 100 feet we were met by armed personnel. Very strange and mysterious.

We were told in not so many word we were not welcome. I did a quick look around and what little I saw amazed me. The area was remote yet elaborately equipped. We were not allowed to take any pictures and were asked to leave. For twenty years I have wondered about the real purpose of the Institute.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I never got specifically to that area. I taught Eagle Scouts rappelling right after the Marines but on Seneca Rocks.

Might have to take a ride up there this summer when I get back home

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Pama,
can you possibly find this on google sat map?
(if you cant, then it is governmental)
I am intrigued.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The mountain institute is very real as my astronomy club has ties with them and many of our members, myself included, go up there to observe in the warmer months. they give us guided tours and even have bunks in their dorm that we can use. nothing dastardly going on there...at least while we are around

heres a little more info on this site:

www.novac.com...

[edit on 5/8/2006 by Escrotumus]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I also hail from the Elkins WV area. My dad is a retired Navy man, about 20 years ago I drove my mom over to Sugar Grove to get her ID card updated. It is a tiny base and not much remains in my memory. It is in the same general area as Green Bank, (40 - 50 miles), but they are seperate facilities. That whole region is a radio quiet zone. When microwave ovens first came out you had to register them with the NRAO (Green Bank). They recently, (4 - 5) years ago finished a big, I mean huge new dish over there. It dwarfed the old dishes. I also toured the facility as a kid but that doesnt mean that clandestine ops dont eminate from that area. Sugar Grove is a Navy base and if I remember correctly the sign in front of the base designates it as a "listening post".

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I'm taking sometime this summer and heading up there to check it out.

If I get locked up taking pics, maybe you all will bail me out.

posted on May, 12 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Hmmm interesting thread. Will see if i can find anything out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join