It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steven Speilberg's "Taken": fact or fiction?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
A new Sci-Fi minseries produced by Bilderburg member Steven Speilberg may not be that far from the truth...

TAKEN!
A new mini-series of epic proportions takes off Sunday on Sci-Fi.

Here's the official site:
www.scifi.com...

What does everyone think?
The trailer certainly promises more than some other crap we've seen lately...

- Tass

[Edited on 17-10-2003 by Tassadar]

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Actually, it's not new. The whole series ran last fall, over a couple of weeks.

I found it entertaining and would reccomend it.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   
1. Its not new. I saw it last year on the SciFi Channel. It was great.

2. It looks extremely thought out. Ill tell you, the last 2 episodes are kinda confusing.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'd say it's fiction based on fact.

I was kind of disappointed with the show as a whole. I thought the actions of the escaped gray from the Roswell crash were pretty ridicoulous and improbable, if you know what I mean.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Saw this last year too - was pretty good. If it's fiction based on fact, I think they did quite well to keep it on the level, nothing was too far fetched so as to be completely unbelievable. It got the thumbs up from me

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I have yet to finish, as I have only watched the first 5 episodes on comp.

I absolutedly loved the first couple eps.. the 4th and 5th were kinda slow, but I am very anxious to see the last few.

Steven Speilberg has yet again shown true genius.

This series is based on fact... yet dismayed by fiction.

If you are interested even somewhat in aliens/ufos I would suggest taking the time to watch this series. It is a keeper

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
What is it with Spielberg and aliens and ufos anyways?

I mean he has been at this before hasn't he?

Is this his job to get us ready for what is coming up?

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 01:42 AM
link   
If everything I've read is true then Spielberg wont even begin to get us ready for whats coming!

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   
or scripts handed in his lap?...
i say his direction is great, or good at most...

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 01:57 AM
link   
The GENIUS of Spielberg, IMHO, is his ability to create CHARACTERS...

The "villian" in this series (which I also saw last year) is driven home with such a gut wrenching feeling that it kinda blew my mind how MUCH I hated the dude.

I beleive that as Human beings we see ourselves (the WORST or the BEST parts of us) in stories like this and THAT is waht effects us. Whether the "Plot Line" is based in fact or not is kind of irrelevant...

That being said, I kind of beleive it was BASED in fact too...

P...
m...

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 01:59 AM
link   
fact based on ficktion.

but i do beleav that "they" maybe doing theys tests on people.

Now, what about all them biobsee videos out?

if there real....

the last few eps are the best i thoughet, im rewatching it

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I have talked to several producers/directors of movies. They say UFO experiences are better accepted if they are fictionalized, but based on facts.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Spielberg came to fame making these fiction based on fact films including Raiders of the lost Ark.

I'm guessing he is a big time mason and globalist elitist and possibly satanist?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   
About as real as ET was.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Man i tried to watch this last time it was on, and when coming from a slightly more serious view about the whole alien subject, this show was terrible. Of course, as already mentioned the charactors were up to scratch and it was kinda typical Spielburgy (I'm not dissing the guy, he's made great films). The funny thing about X-Files is that Chris Carter, the guy who came up with the whole idea, doesn't even believe in all this wierd stuff and yet, he's created a whole generation of believers. It's a similar in the case of Taken...trying to create a mature fiction series on some facts. I would have wish for a more accurate representation of UFO/alien incidents which can often be quite chilling.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Is everyone forgetting??? (maybe not..didn't see each and every post in the thread....)

During a preview screening of ET in the White House, it was rumored that good old Ronnie leaned over and mentioned to Steven..."Most people outside of this room will never realize how true this is..." (or something to that effect). This is the same president who even mentioned an alien threat scenario to the UN!!!

No doubt, that though Mr. Spielberg is talented in his own right...that he's definitely got a role to play in getting us acclimated (Close Encounters, ET, Taken, etc.) I'm going with fiction based on some factual elements...just as his previous works....

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
U 'spose speilburg does it for the $$$$?

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Well...that too, hehe....but he tends to be particularly passionate about the alien issue...and not just in film pursuits...

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   
~Steven Speilberg's "Taken" series is i.m.o one of the best miniseries of television history. And, it's true that it's not too far off from the truth. Remember that the story begins in ww2 with the foo fighters and goes through dramatic ufo waves through that time to the present. Good stuff. Now I gotta finish this prawn cocktail.

posted on Nov, 3 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
yes, it is very close to the truth,

but the part about them cross breading is not 100% proven, but them taken people and sticking tracken devices is true.

now, im tired of having to tell you guys what "foo fighters" means,

it's the spacel group of fighter pilats in the USSR that would try to chase UFO's out of there air space

in russian i beleave "foo" means UFO

top topics

<<   2 >>

join