It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patrick Kennedy: Drunk?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Oh well, fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....I won't get fooled again.

Nope - you are right. Here is a link on Fox based on a NY Times report about "sleep driving" caused by Ambien. It's dated March. Good god this is frightening.

www.foxnews.com...

Following their arrests, many of the Ambien drivers claim to have no recollection of getting behind the wheel, according to the report. In many of the cases the drug appears to have been taken incorrectly, combined with alcohol or other drugs or taken in overdose quantities; several of the cases suggest, however, that even when the drug is used properly, a sleepwalking side effect may lead to sleep driving, the Times reported.

Oh, and I don't suppose I have to tell you all Kennedy is now reporting no memory of the event.

[edit on 5/5/2006 by Relentless]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I was just about to post that.

I think he should be charged with some kind of reckless driving

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'm starting to be more concerned about who else out there is on Ambien and isn't hiding their car keys before they go to bed to tell you the truth.

Edit: Of course the Ambien issue has already been discussed at ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I saw the report on Ambien sleep driving that recently came out, and I think it's suspicious that he claimed that right after the report came out.

We'll never know for sure what really happened since no breath/urine/blood test was taken I guess.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Now, he is saying he is an addict.

How long was he addicted?
How many times did he vote while under the influence?
Do those still count?

And speaking of voting..He DID have the presence of mind to say
"I'm on my way to a vote" As a get of of jail card.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think that when and if the whole story comes out, that we find it's not Ambien that he is addicted to. Maybe the Ambien is a cover story for what he is really addicted to.
Just a feeling I'm having. Could be wrong, but hey this is a conspiracy site and all.

I am glad he is seeking help for his problem though.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
All I can say is that I am rather relieved that now the right can bare their teeth on someone else other than Cynthia McKinney. After all, she was the poster lady for her "shenanigans with the Capitol Police."

Yet, Mr. Kennedy, high on prescription drugs, plunges right into a police barrier. And quickly claims rehab. However, it is nice to note that that Capitol Police treated Mr. Kennedy with respect and even took him home. One could not say that for the Georgia congresswoman. She wasn't treated with hardly any respect from the same police division. After all, people described her as being "crazy" and "aggressive with a bad attitude" just because she swung around and tapped a cop on the chest with a cell phone.

Sigh. Which is worse? Crashing into a police barrier that could have potentially taken out a cop? Or tapping a policeman with a cell phone to the chest?

I wonder what some people would have said if Ms. McKinney claimed that she was on medication when in confrontation with the police. Would people have the same pity for her? I think not.

Please, I beg you, do not restrain the vitriol for Mr. Kennedy. I'm sure that some posters are thirsting for the chance to degrade Mr. Kennedy as a person while highlighting his behavior.

I wonder what the GOP Congress will pass as a resolution now to praise the Capitol Police for their "professionalism" with Mr. Kennedy.

Don't get me wrong. I like the Kennedys. I also have pity for Mr. Kennedy's addiction and am glad that he checked into the Mayo Clinic to help himself.

But I cannot miss the bitter irony of how people treated certain polical figures with kid gloves while ravaging others with their claws.

[edit on 5-5-2006 by ceci2006]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I believe that the following post will serve to demolish all accusations that I am a political partisan:

Fox News (surprised??) had a session where Dr. Manny Alvarez stated that this was a textbook case of the effects of one of the medications that Kennedy was taking. He also stated that the combination of the two drugs Kennedy was taking was unusual.

So, I'm giving the kid the benefit of the doubt here.

I also think that the Kennedy curse is still alive and very potent.
Dr Manny is from my country- he's an intelligent man. I should talk...I have driven while taking prescribed medication myself
I thought i drove better than ever, i should have known i could have jeopardized my life or someone elses.

Shame on me. Will not be doing that again.

Why do we have to assume the guy was drinking irresponsibly? He is more than likely telling the truth. Thank you DJ for your openmidnedness

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006

Sigh. Which is worse? Crashing into a police barrier that could have potentially taken out a cop? Or tapping a policeman with a cell phone to the chest?

Crashing, versus tapping..hard to decide. They are so..different in their scope and magnitude. But I vote on TAPPING..tapping is worse. especially if your "tap" is directed at a police officer, who is trying to maintain security in an important building.
How hard before a tap is considered something else, like a PUNCH..?
And was it an uncontrolled "tap"? Or was it done on purpose?

Crashing,
When crashing, no one usually attempts to restrain you, until you are done crashing.
Then, you claim you are "on your way to a vote"..remember that phrase.."on your way to a vote"...It's like diplomatic immunity. I'm getting it as a bumper sticker.
I believe thats why the "bosses" were called in. And why none of the standard DWI, DUI, tests were performed..

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Yes, but Ms. McKinney was "on her way to a vote" too. But you know, no one ever takes that into consideration. Are you sure that you might want to recheck that choice regarding the "cell phone hit"?

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ceci2006
Yes, but Ms. McKinney was "on her way to a vote too".

Thats right, and they let her go, and vote.
She also could have arrived sooner, to vote, if she had followed proper procedure.
So the Mantra is:
" I am on my way to a vote"

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
If the police "actually" let her go, they wouldn't have dragged this mess out with a court case. The point is, they didn't let her go. The cop grabbed her. She swung around. And she is treated far worse than the pity being flooded toward Mr. Kennedy.

I just wonder where are usual suspects that openly insulted Ms. McKinney's character in light of her "altercation" with the police. Still in your turtle shells? Unsure about which epipthet to use?

Where are the howls of disrespect and anger toward Mr. Kennedy? Why isn't anyone saying that he's being "menacing" behind the wheel? Or the fact that because he could have harmed someone that he was being "unrepentant" with driving the car or having a "bad attitude"? Why aren't they attacking his hair style or how he dresses?

To put it frankly, why aren't they calling him a "ghetto slut" ?

I don't know. But I wonder if people truly see the irony that I am proposing. Or are the detractors simply being negligent about truly being vicious in this case?

Just a question.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I understand, and respect your point CECI.

No pity from me though. Really. I do not pity either of them.
both were wrong in their actions.
I believe the Kennedy Slanderfest, is just beginning.
Maybe I'll start it myself, with my "on my way to a vote" bumpersticker.
wanna buy one?

CX

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Well in this latest report from Fox, theres a waitress who states that Kennedy WAS drinking before the crash.

Plus Fox news found out that the police watch commander from that day has been "reasigned". What do you make of that then?

www.foxnews.com...

CX.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
The real irony here is that the Kennedy incident will probably work to McKinney's advantage. I foresee the grand jury quietly recommending a very light punishment, if anything now.

Pity, too, since McKinney definitely assaulted the officer with malice aforethought, imo.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Yes, quite a pity. And I'm sure that Mr. Kennedy had hit that police barrier with as much malice as Ms. McKinney swinging at the cop.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Apparently from what I am reading, there is admission that Kennedy does drink, whether or not he was drinking that night, though it sounds as if he may have been. It is also reported that he is bipolar.

I find it extremely odd that someone who is bipolar is not on any medications for that and no one with bipolar should be drinking.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Yes, he does drink. And it is now revealed that he has a dependency on painkillers also.

Was he drinking that night? I've heard conflicting stories. I don't know.

Does genetics play a part in this? I think so - it is well-researched medically. Look at his dad. The stories you don't hear about would make you shiver. I only know of them because of my location.

I'm a so-so superstitious person - it comes from gypsy blood, I guess. Education supposedly works to take the edge off of those notions. But I do believe that Joe Kennedy did something to ensure his success at the expense of his offspring.

Just my .02

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Yes, quite a pity. And I'm sure that Mr. Kennedy had hit that police barrier with as much malice as Ms. McKinney swinging at the cop.

No, I doubt that Patches deliberately hit the barrier. He may have a self-destruct tendency, quite the opposite of Ms. McKinney, who walks around with a huge chip on her shoulder.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   
She does? Why do you assume that she even has a "chip on her shoulder" and Mr. Kennedy doesn't? Don't you think as a result of his family legacy, he might have "chip on his shoulder" too? Oh no. I guess not. You wouldn't even consider that. He probably "tapped" that police barrier instead of plunging all the way through.

I do agree that he does have demons he has to fight. I mean when you are part of a family well known to the press for nearly a hundred years, well you have to admit that Joe Kennedy's mantra of "Win at all costs" is part of his psychology.

However, even that doesn't even let him off the hook.

I mean, when immediately after crashing those barriers with "malice", he claimed the "drug card". He might even have that "chip on his shoulder" because of his family history of tragedy. Alas, I guess the "Kennedy Curse" card has already been dealt too. Aren't people a little angry that he used his family as a crutch? Especially his father's legacy as a teetotaller back in the day? Must we even mention his mother's "accident" in front of her townhouse due to the "alcohol card"?

And I still have yet for anyone to unleash a tirade on Mr. Kennedy's character. Not surprising in the least. The pity party is still in full attendance.

I'm just amazed that violence is still attributed to Ms. McKinney while Mr. Kennedy is already dealing a full deck of cards and no one bats an eyelash.

[edit on 6-5-2006 by ceci2006]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join