It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution in The Wisdom of Solomon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:57 AM
link   
"For creatures of the dry land were turned into creatures of the waters, and creatures that swim trode now upon the earth..." The Apocrypha, THE WISDOM OF SOLOMON, Chapter XIX

Thoughts?

-S

Mod edit: caps in title

[edit on 5-5-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:55 AM
link   
ok, i thought this was interesting indeed. After reading it, i went back to the quran and in there too, are verses which point to some sort of evolution.
(muslims, by the way, also believe in the books of Solomon...he is mentioned in the quran several times)

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I think the Quaran also says something like "Dont you know that God created you from a little germ."

This is very interesting because it is thousands of years before Darwins theory came to the publics attention.

Do you beleive that man evolved from ape though?

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 05:39 AM
link   
No, I don't believe we evolved from an ape... but we probably evolved from a common ancestor.

I sometimes wish we could communicate with animals... to find out if we're the only ones who have knowledge of, or try to attain to, a spiritual existence. Are humans the only pieces of matter that can question existence?

It would also be interesting to find out if our ancient ancestors, like Solomon, understood evolution and other sciences...

-S

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I'd say that thats not really evolution. True, its animals changing, but thats not sufficient to qualify as biological evolution, there's more to it than that. The bible, for example, ranks organisms as 'kinds' and such, but such things have no biological reality, rather organisms are grouped as species and monophyletic clades. It also seems to suggest that a normally invariant type was transformed into another normally invariant type, whereas evolution is all about change being the constant, and there not being 'typological' species.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I was attempting to point out that there might have been knowledge of the fact that dolphins and whales and such originated from land mammels, and that land dwellers came from the sea. I use "evolution" as a loose term that could be different than Darwinism. A science that fits in with a spiritual world view.

-S

top topics

join