It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Scanner Darkly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:40 AM
link   
A Scanner Darkly based on a graphic novel promises to be a great movie! Keuna Reeves plays the main character (from the Matrix fame but also starred in many movies such as Bill and Ted's Excellent adventure / Bogus Journey and Bram Stoker's Dracula).

the more interesting part about this movie is that it's made to look like it's animated (while it's really manipulated by a computer as far as I can see), the website is very interesting as well, very well done.

It features a storyline that revolves around a police state 7 years from now (2012-13?) and there is something about a Substance D, I am not sure since I never read the graphic novel, however I am interested in it's theme, even Alex Jones (PrisonPlanet.com/www.InfoWars.com) (picked up on it and put a link on his site since alot of the theories that this movie features is corroberating with his theories as well on a coming police state and continuing surveilence.

I am most definitly seeing this movie and I highly recommend it to ATS members.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Ooh thanks for this post! I had seen a trailer for the movie a (seems like) loooooong time ago, and I havent heard anything recently and keep wondering what happened to this movie. (Also theres a commercial on TV that uses the same graphics, which reminded me of the movie trailer I had seen.)

Sounds interesting. "Comming this summer." The website seems to be like your using a servailance computer, it even says how many mouse clicks you've done, and a instant message pops up and talks to you.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I saw the trailer a few days ago.
There are some commercials that are using that artificial animation style.
Makes it look like each movie frame was hand colored.
It looked odd, but the movie looks very interesting.

new topics

join