It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Knights Templars

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TamtammyMacx

Within your text a true story lies within, its much simpler...

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperia
Lets have some fun, since he wants answers...

Who wants answers?

...no templars fleed to the US during the first wave, which the Masons portray as true/ or a story.. Im not interested in games, and you have a expertise in History, so.. You wanna continue on this path?

There is zero legitimate evidence that the Templars made it to the United States in any form.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Templars became very popular, people enlisted cause of stories and fantasies about cardinal virtues, warrior monks is a simple term.. A cause within ideals which are based on stories.. Their religious fate, depending on the rank, was either dogmatic in the lower ranks cause of strict hiearchy.. A grandmaster was a bloodborn or coin the phrase raised as a human...

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They did, under a different name, during the 19th century.. You want to go further historian? The art of linguistics is a powerful tool, lets call them the builders, the lawmakers, or how do you want to name them?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   

They did, under a different name, during the 19th century.. You want to go further historian?

If you say so. Got any evidence?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Yes, but you as well as i know, i wont go there...

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Yes, but you as well as i know, i wont go there...

We can all take that as a 'no' then.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Remember that you are no Templars, and I'm happy. You are masons..

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Remember that you are no Templars...

Who here claimed that we were?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Look at the previous posts

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Look at the previous posts

None of them were Masons. I suppose you need to direct your conversation to them and not me since I do not agree with them and it is their job to supply supporting evidence.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: noonebutme

Hi, im wondering are you part of a freemason lodge?

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Then my mistake..

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Hyperia

He is but the Knights Templar he is refering to has nothing to do with the original ones. It is an honorific group in name only.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Voyager1
Except what is known as the Scottish Rite didn't come about until centuries after the dissolution of the Templars. David Icke is a fraud.

The Knights Templar in the York Rite (at least here in America) takes its name in commemoration only. We don't claim direct lineage.

a reply to: Hyperia
Most Masonic knighthoods didn't appear until after Ramsay's Oration in 1737.

Why would medieval Templars have to flee Scotland? No bloodline or ancient lineage is required to progress through the various degrees of Freemasonry. Charity is something that should be given selflessly.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I cant figure this out, so a fraternity copies the poorman fellow soldiers and calls themselves templars, how many of them escaped from Scotland to the US? How many of you have something to do with the temple of Solomon?
How many of you have a lineage from certain characters in the Bible?
How many of you understand the aspect of being a human? Does feeding the poor come as a obligation to your lodge? or are you doing it willingly? Im not questioning your character, however i am questioning your motives

Just to be clear, I am not a Templar nor did I claim to be. I said that several of my fellow masons in my current lodge *are* part of the Knights Templar. And, while I do not know much about them, I feel are only related in name and perhaps belief -- not in any direct lineage or blood.

No one in my lodge claims to have any connection to any historical figure, either real or fictional. We're just a bunch of guys, hoping to better ourselves through good deeds (ie; charity).

No one in my lodge claims to have lineage to any characters in the Bible. To be honest, and i know this is controversial to Freemasonry in general, most people in my lodge are atheists in the sense they do not actually believe in the depictions of God in the Christian sense. While we do believe in a higher for of energy or Life, as it were, no one believes in a bearded guy in a toga siting in the clouds. This is England, after all!

Feeding the poor is not an obligation. I don't know anyone in my lodge who does that. We do, however, have many fund raisers and charitable events which we donate all through the year to several charities in the area, including some of the main Masonic charities in general.

Hi, im wondering are you part of a freemason lodge?

Yes, I though that was clear from my earlier post. Fun bunch of guys, enjoying a laugh and a drink and helping other people. That's about it.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason
The Knights Templar in the York Rite (at least here in America) takes its name in commemoration only. We don't claim direct lineage.

Agreed - it's the same over here. I don't know anyone who claims (or would have the audacity to claim) they have some direct or even indirect lineage to the Knights Templar of historical lore.

The guys who are in the Knights Templar from my lodge bring in swords and various other garb I'm not familiar with when they meet on the same night as one of our regular LOIs. They have said when I want to join, they'd love to have me but -- it's very £££ over here for the kit and fees. Not sure if that's the same your side...?
edit on 28-10-2015 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
nevermind.

posted on Oct, 28 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yeah, the uniform and regalia can be very pricey.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join