It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRAN is calling the USA's BLUFF

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Mehran, also.. Iraq stated there reason for attacking kuwaitt, it is even believed the USA said they wouldnt interfere....

They had there reason to do it, wether the world accepted that or not.. Iraq in its own instance gave there thoughts.

In reverse, USA invaded and occupied Iraq, they stated there reasons to which all turned out to be BS..

Which of the two evils, is the lesser?

After the war Iraq had with us thier economy suffered and they became a very poor nation and saddam humiliated after his speech saying "we will be in Irans capital within 3 days
" in which he lost in defeate needed to pay kuwait billions in debts and to saudi arabia. But why pay when you could invade and take everything else for yourself?, so in reuth those countries got backstabbed and of course those dirty pigs from US government interfered and needed to protect their interests in the regoin and im sure you know the story from their...

I agree with you that we will get what we want and nothing can stop us, besides Iraq looks up to Iran now more than it does to the US. I have alot of Iraqi friends and all of them hated Saddam and they agreed the war fought between our two countries shouldn't had happened.

I believe, from what I remembered of the Iraq-Iran war.....Iraq couldnt have taken Iran, in fact saddam had his chance yet didnt take it.....

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   
The fact that Iran would be on the American Military rader by this time was well predicted by many on this site at least 12 months ago. Well before the country even seriously scraped a good slot on Fox.

With many Reasons why.

It's up to you to figure out when you're being played.

Though two in a row is usually an indicator.

No wait, fool me once..something..

eh... twice?... no...

dont get fooled again?

Is that it?

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
The ramblings of a mad-man. You not once have supported your premise that "The US must carpet-bomb Iran." Why? they could continue to manuver via dilomatic channels and delay the military option indefinitely like they've been doing the past 3 years. Why would they ever change that policy since all military options are bad?

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If Isreal is bombed by Iran or any other arab nation they will wipe the floor with them. The Isrealis don't need the US. From what I have seen in the two gulf wars the arabs are cowards. As soon as there is some force they can't run or surreneder fast enough. But they aren't cowards when they have a prisoner tied up and lop his head off with ten other guys there.If an Islamic nation does us a nuke every county will declare war on that nation and it will cease to exist over night. If the other Islamic nations join that fight with the aggressor they will cease to exist. Muslims will become the scum of the earth. They already are some of the poorest least educated people. They have no natural resources to speak of. They have no means to prosecute a war and with every industrilized mation against them no means to sustain one.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
the arabs are cowards..

You obviously have not studied the Yom Kupper War. The Arabs in that one did pretty well crossing the Suez after sneaking into it the night before and sabotaging Israels defenses..they then sent forward small bands of sappers way behind enemy lines that constantly harrassed Israeli reinforcements in almost suicidal operations, the Syrians stood their ground pretty long after the lost air cover after they ran out of SAMs..and the modern day suicidal attackers are anything but cowards, sacrificing themselves just to inflict damage onto the enemy..

In a modern Arab/Israeli conflict, Israels victory is not guaranteed, the Arabs have greatly increased the number and accuracy of ballistic missiles targeting IAF bases, anytime Israel loosed air superiority they cannot move forward and almost always move backwards.

I don't know why you even posted that in the first place, thats not even what we were talking about!

[edit on 5-5-2006 by jajabinks]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Iran is calling the USA bluff?
Quite frankly, despite kegs mention of North Korea, the last person who underestimated and/or thought the US was bluffing is now currently seating in a jail and being tried by his own people.

I doubt the use and implied reference to 'bluff,' though some here may agree with such a utilization of the word, personally, I tend to see it as Iran calling the United Nations bluff.

Furthermore, to assume that the US is going the way of Rome is ludicrous.
Did the great empire of Great Britain go the way of Rome?
Hardly, doomsayers, and be assured, other like examples can be cited.

seekerof

[edit on 5-5-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by steve99
If Isreal is bombed by Iran or any other arab nation they will wipe the floor with them. The Isrealis don't need the US. From what I have seen in the two gulf wars the arabs are cowards. As soon as there is some force they can't run or surreneder fast enough. But they aren't cowards when they have a prisoner tied up and lop his head off with ten other guys there.If an Islamic nation does us a nuke every county will declare war on that nation and it will cease to exist over night. If the other Islamic nations join that fight with the aggressor they will cease to exist. Muslims will become the scum of the earth. They already are some of the poorest least educated people. They have no natural resources to speak of. They have no means to prosecute a war and with every industrilized mation against them no means to sustain one.

That was damn near racist.

But, you're just another *snip*, plenty of those on this site.

Anyway, I do agree that Iran is calling Lord Bush and Co.'s bluff. But, can you blame them? What the hell else are they going to do, especially when one of their neighbors was invaded by the US? No, make that TWO of their neighbors...

[edit on 5/6/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Agit8d... there are a lot of things a guy can survive in a game of cards, but thinking it's a bluff when it ain't isn't one of them.

A war is the worst possible thing that could happen for Iran's oil leverage. To kill America, Iran needs to actually get the bomb, then close then temporarily close the Hormuz in order to force the gulf states into renegotiating production on Iran's terms.

Demand will continue to go up, price will continue to go up, Iran's ability to defend itself will continue to go up.

Giving America the option to go to war essentially gives America the opportunity to make a choice concerning those trends.

We can try our luck with those trends if we feel like we can hack it...

OR we can attack Iran, let them virtually cripple Israel with their conventional weapons, let Israel nuke them in retaliation, walk into what's left of Iran to conquer the ashes and get the oil flowing again, and we're in charge then.

That second option is ugly for everyone in the short-term, but IF America plays it smart, actually good in the most sinister way for America.

If the world does not choose to get off of oil in the near future, we will reach a point where the only viable option is to isolate major suppliers from other demand. This means conquering oil producers and earmarking all of their oil for the conquerer with no sales to any other nation, effectively eliminating most of the world demand from the supply/demand equation on that nation's oil.

If the oil fields go up and America ends up occupying Iraq and Iran when the dust settles we set the production levels and the only thing anybody can do about it is start a nuclear war and get themselves killed too.

What Iran is doing is bad news for normal Americans like me, who don't particularly care about messing with Iran, but it could be playing right into the hands of the PNAC, who would be very interested in building that kind of hegemony. Afterall, there is oil outside the middle east- all they've got to do to make it enough for everyone is A. kill most of us with birdflu or B. send our jobs overseas so that we don't need oil to drive our own production- because what would be done by a machine which derives its electrical power from the burning of fossil fuels will instead be done by human hands in India or China.

Never assume that your friends care what happens to you, and if your enemy is doing everything you want him to do, ask yourself why.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the people of China, America, and Iran are being sold out by the powers that be in their governments. When it's all said and done the Chinese will still be working their butts off for next to nothing, Americans will be have to weather a depression and then go back to being underemployed in a retail/service economy, and whatever Iranians aren't dead will basically be pumping gas for us, on our terms rather than their own.

The big winners? The corporate power structure: more power over their employees because the employees need jobs, oil leverage to secure the profitable peace between China and America, and of course no more pesky local governments in economically important areas like the middle east.

Sorry pal, you Iranians can just get in line to be screwed right behind the American consumer and the Chinese working man. For you to be all gung-ho for a war, when we both know dang well that the elites who start and profit from the war aren't gonna be on the field risking their lives, is probably funny as hell to the people who are doing this to us.

Imagine two shrimp on your dinner plate fighting over which one gets eaten last... that's what you look like to the boys in the oil industry.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Sorry pal, you Iranians can just get in line to be screwed right behind the American consumer and the Chinese working man. For you to be all gung-ho for a war, when we both know dang well that the elites who start and profit from the war aren't gonna be on the field risking their lives, is probably funny as hell to the people who are doing this to us.

Imagine two shrimp on your dinner plate fighting over which one gets eaten last... that's what you look like to the boys in the oil industry.

You have voted The Vagabond for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

nicely said

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka

Originally posted by steve99

That was damn near racist.

But, you're just another *snip*, plenty of those on this site.

Anyway, I do agree that Iran is calling Lord Bush and Co.'s bluff. But, can you blame them? What the hell else are they going to do, especially when one of their neighbors was invaded by the US? No, make that TWO of their neighbors...

I am not an *snip*. I think Isreal is the root problem. I think Isreal is a thorn in the US's side and they will have problems as long as they are our ally.
It's not racist if it's the truth. What western country have they beaten? They use woman and children to fight for them. Each war that was fought against the US they ran or surrendered. Their leaders talk tough until the # starts flying and then they run and hide. Maybe a thaousand years ago these were brave people but not today.

[edit on 5/6/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
You seem to live in Agit8dChop?

In your world Arabs/Muslims are fierce warriors...

Please... You just hit 9.5 on the Richter laugh scale!

If Arabs/Muslims were REAL warriors, much less REAL men, they wouldn't need to engage in all of that head-chopping sneak around in the middle of the night massacring civilians... As in women and children, they seem so fond of.

Look we're on Al-Jazeera!

In your world Iran 'can take' Israel...

Iran is lucky there is such a distant between them and Israel...

No, not because of the logistics of Israel 'coming to get' Iran. But because the distance keeps Iran from being humiliated like all of the Muslim countries that have been repeatedly schooled in the art of war by the Israelis that you seem SO keen on overlooking... Using just conventional means.

Iran has had lots of chances...

The only thing they actually done is engage in semi-clandestine support of the Muslim cowardice strategies... That and doing a lot of yapping.

You getting my drift yet Agit8dChop?

I seem to remember many such agitators as yourself with similar 'lines of reasoning' prior to the start of the Iraq, round 2.

Do you REALLY believe all of those puff releases about Irans military capacity?

It strikes many of us in the West as seriously funny... Much like the rationale of your thread.

Thanks for the laugh.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Just a reminder,

The topic of this discussion is IRAN is calling the USA's BLUFF

NOT about Muslims, NOT about one member's personal feeling towards another!

Please keep your comments and contributions focused on the Topic.

Thank you.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
You're absolutely right.

My post was getting a little long... So I didn't put in the bit about it taking a while to 'drain the swamp'...

And something along the lines of patience Agit8dChop. Look how long it took to get the US public reved up over Iraq.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Ah, patience grasshopper...patience. Iran can talk the talk but can it walk the walk? There are covert operations underway...enjoy!

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Ahhh but to call a bluff...

and have them holding a good hand is a killer.

Thats the point of a bluff...you dont really know?

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 12:00 PM
link   
And hell.. if they DO decide to attack and sacrifice themselves... his 5th imam will repappear during the carnage...

You are missing one thing and if you post what you did above then i will gladly post this. The bible says when this conflict starts and isriel is attacked by the kings of the north and south and east that god himself will supernataurally protect them.
Now christianity aside i believe the jewish god will prevail since the message of their god is love and peace not murder death and destruction so you can wake up in paradise with a bunch of whores..........

how many chapters in the koran can with so much deatail describe what is happening in the world right now?

christianity comes by choice " execpt when they were forcing people in during the crusades" but todays christians "the real ones who live by what they preach" walk in love and peace and sharing and caring.

islam teaches that all religions and people submit to islam by force if neccessary.
to believe in your after life to be spent having sex with whores should make a big red flag go up for anybody. Not to mention the believe that a race of people dont have the right to exist.

Oh well when its all over every knee will bow and every tongue confess

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
israel sorry i mispelled it before

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs

Iran is ruled by an Idiot of the highest order.

at least Iran and Usa have something in common.

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Whatever the outcome it is going to be Bad....VERY VERY bad...Iran has Fired the first shot they are converting there holdings Including there OIL holding to EURO`s I Listened on Coast to Coast last night and was said this is the equivalent of an Economic Nuclear strike...........

[edit on 6-5-2006 by Truth_Hunter_1976]

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Considering the use of nuclear weapons? Worrying about nuclear war? What is that? Considering attcking countries because we suspect they have nuclear technology? Whatever happened to the idea "innocent until proven guilty"? Why must we assume that Iran is planning on using nuclear weapons if they get them? Nukes are a great defense because nobody wants to mess with a country with nukes. So why must we completely go crazy about a country getting nukes? Are we afraid of the massive human losses? Well by attacking other countries when we don't even know they will use nuclear technology for evil deeds has massive amounts of human losses! All of the children, the women, and the men who die because of these wars. Why can't people have some trust in others? Why must it always be war? So Iran is calling the United State's bluff, but nobody should even be playing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join