It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pictures of the ATS EMPIRE?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
You know, we hear a lot about ATS. we hear about the myth, Simon Gray. We also hear about the "Three Amigos"; Simon, Springer and, of course, "the Skeptic Overlord". However, frankly, I don't believe that the A.T.S. community has ever seen their picture. Maybe a few pics exist of them on the boards but, frankly, I haven't seen any -- at least I don't recall seeing any pictures of them.

We also hear about the upgrades to the new servers. Heck, give us some pictures of these state-of-the-art instruments of technology. In fact, give us some visual proof that any of these people or servers exist. Oh sure, we've heard "voices" purported to be Simon , Springer and Skeptic Overlord on podcasts and in the Simon Gray interview on Now That's Weird but now we want proof. . . visual evidence that any of this exists and that it is not just the very vivid imagination of some middle aged guy who spends a lot of time at his computer throughout the night (namely me, benevolent tyrant).

How about a photo gallery of the ATS EMPIRE?

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
A page with all the images of staff members.

Don't see it flying because I believe the mystery of these guys is something they have worked towards.

On board with it though, would be interesting to see.

Lets have at it staff, with the new upgrades we can spare 1 page.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
There is a thread on BTS about member photo's and most of the staff have a pic or two buried in it, including myself.

www.belowtopsecret.com...'

Enjoy,

wupy

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
but now we want proof. . . visual evidence that any of this exists and that it is not just the very vivid imagination of some middle aged guy who spends a lot of time at his computer throughout the night (namely me, benevolent tyrant).

you go first!?

As mrwupy mentioned there are many Mod and Staff photos throughout the various "Photos Of" threads.

But, heh, back to the topic ...

Pictures of the ATS EMPIRE?

Benevolent Tyrant, you are a member thereof, No?

? Thread Starter ... Well, Let's see your specifics

... waiting ...

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Empire Of Mystery

I think this is a relatively recent photo of Simon:

Hopefully he won't be mad about me posting it publicly.

Like any other members, staff members have differing degrees of concern about posting their photos on the Internet.

As most people know, there can be pros and cons to posting one's personal likeness online. I'm pretty skittish about it myself, so I can understand others being the same way.

Perhaps more poignantly, though, does it matter what ATSers look like?

In fact, if we really are no more than fictitious characters, would that matter either?

Deep metaphysical questions to ponder.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
There is a thread on BTS about member photo's and most of the staff have a pic or two buried in it, including myself.

This isn't the same thing as getting some "real" photos of Simon, Skeptic Overlord and Springer now is it. Granted, it's great to see pictures of other ATS members. And it's always great to see a pic of a mod or two. These all help to put a face to the name and it makes it easier to visualize who it is you are talking to as one writes his posts.

Sure, sure, I know......security reasons prohibit photos of these public figures. But, hey, I have seen pictures of Brittany Spears baby at the supermarket checkout aisle. I have seen pictures of UFO's -- really good, almost convincing, images. Heck, I've even seen a picture of Sasquatch and, for that matter Nessie. But surely, a pick of Simon sitting at his pc or Springer, with a wrench in his hand while working on a bike. Or what about a pic of Skeptic Overlord, shouting orders to his minions over the telephone?

But mrwupy had a good idea......how about an exclusive gallery of photos of all the mods and super mods. For the most part, we all have had the occasion or two to communicate with them. Again, lets put some faces to the names and give us a photo gallery of the ATS Empire. Please.

As for a photo of myself? We already do have a thread of ATS "member" pics. I'm just a lowly ATS member. When I post my pic, i'll probably put it there. But what I'm referring to are photos of the people who, well, make ATS happen.

[edit on 5/4/2006 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Empire Of Mystery

I think this is a relatively recent photo of Simon:

Hopefully he won't be mad about me posting it publicly.

OMG I know him!
Lurking about my trashbin, on collection day.
Just made off with a couple of envelopes.
I really need to get a bettah shreddah.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

But mrwupy had a good idea......how about an exclusive gallery of photos of all the mods and super mods.

That was Chissler's idea, not mine.

Who decides to post a pic and who doesn't is really a personal matter. There are many members that would feel uncomfortable posting a pic.

Leave it to the members and the ones who want, can. the ones who worry about such things can stay in the shadows. This is a conspiracy site after all.

Just my thoughts,

wupy

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I'm just a lowly ATS member. When I post my pic, i'll probably put it there. But what I'm referring to are photos of the people who, well, make ATS happen.

... and we can expect the photo and details, when? ...

While I'm not sure about Springer and Simon, there is a photo of SO [with his dog] on the boards, perhaps you could start there.

As Majic mentioned, it's more a matter of personal choices and decisions.

Personally, I think that Only if/when a given member has made a complete "reveal" should they feel deserving of any such reciprocation from those that have disclosed more than ample personal information to perpetuate the existance of the Community we call ATS.

If you want info on Who runs the site it's out there.

If you want to participate in free and open discussion it's in here.

? thoughts ?

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 09:34 PM
link   
www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk...

I don't know if this is our SimonGray ???
But take a look, it has a picture.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
All the staff are computers. Some are faster than others, some are slower. The banned members are actually what happens when one of us gets a virus.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
20 Questions With Simon Gray

Another picture.........
Another possibility.....

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
[staffonly] Kid, you shouldn't post stuff like that. It scares the new people who don't understand our tech minds. We have enough problems just trying to keep our glitches in check.[/stafonly]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
[staffonly] Kid, you shouldn't post stuff like that. It scares the new people who don't understand our tech minds. We have enough problems just trying to keep our glitches in check.[/stafonly]

Simon Gray - Associate Professor of Computer Science
(330) 263-2284 / [email protected]

B.A., M.A. University of Virginia 1982, 1984; M.S. University of North Texas 1987; Ph.D. Kent State 1998.

Simon J.M. Gray is in his second stint as an associate professor of computer science at The College of Wooster, joining the faculty first in 1987 and again in 2003.

academics.wooster.edu...

I'm sure this is Simon Gray.
Another picture at the link..............

[edit on 4/5/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Well, the main reason some of us don't have our pictures posted:
cameras cannot record our images

And,
some of us are very shy about pictures, especially on the Internet.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
And,
some of us are very shy about pictures, especially on the Internet.

Yes... We have seen what happens when your picture falls into the hands of the enemy, first hand: 33reasons

[staffonly]anxietydisorder can see what we're saying in the special BB Code. Please advise![/staffonly]

[edit on 5/4/2006 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
[excludingcmdrkeenkid]mwa hahaha, he seems to not realize that we've pulled his staff only privs! once we've eliminated him, natalie portman will be all ours, mwa ahahahah[/excludingcmdrkeenkid]

[staff only]Gosh commander, I don't know what we can do about that!
[/staff only]

Move along members, nothing to see here, empty post..

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
anxietydisorder, you might find this 2003 'blast from the ATS past' worth a read, cause what your presenting here has been nullified.
WIN 10,000 POINTS! "Who is Simon Gray?"

seekerof

[edit on 4-5-2006 by Seekerof]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Speaking of ATS brass, I seem to remember that Thomas Crowne once held a position of some prominence here. But I don't see him listed anymore?

I do remember seeing a photo of him here. 'twas his avatar..he was being held back on a leash by a military type...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join