It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kennedy Cover-up: DUI Car Crash at Capitol!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Well, the Kennedy family has done it again, but of course they are allowed to break the laws...they are "important".

Kennedy DUI = no problem.

“The driver exited the vehicle and he was observed to be staggering,” Baird’s letter states. Officers approached the driver, who “declared to them he was a Congressman and was late to a vote. The House had adjourned nearly three hours before this incident. It was Congressman Patrick J. Kennedy from Rhode Island.

Baird wrote that Capitol Police Patrol Division units, who are trained in driving under the influence cases, were not allowed to perform basic field sobriety tests on the Congressman. Instead, two sergeants, who also responded to the accident, proceeded to confer with the Capitol Police watch commander on duty and then “ordered all of the Patrol Division Units to leave the scene and that they were taking over.

www.drudgereport.com...

I'm sure the majot news media will help put this story to bed

-- Boat

[edit on 4-5-2006 by Boatphone]

[edit on 4-5-2006 by Boatphone]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The Kennedys have been dirtballs for years and the stupid voters keep electing them. That is one reason I lose faith in my fellow countrymen. At least no one died in this one.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:30 PM
link   
So true, I have no idea why the DEMs and the voters give the Kennedys a pass to do crazy, and put us all in danger.

I mean its like its out of a movie or something, how is the world is this guy speeding around the capitol DUI even when he has handlers; i mean he must be out of control!!

This is an example of a real cover-up that puts people in danger.

-- Boat

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I heard about this on the radio about an hour ago. Fortunately not all media are Kennedy apologists. What a messed up family. The Kennedy’s are the epitome of dysfunctional families and the all time record holders for the abuse of power. I see he is already calling the officers liars by claiming he had nothing to drink. I do not think this speaks to whether or not he is a qualified Congressman but I do think the officers who are participating in the obvious cover up should be hung by their you know what’s. One more example of how out of control our government has become. An honest prosecutor could probably charge the whole family under the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
...Oh, Patty Kennedy.

According to cops, the Rhode Island Democrat (and son of Senator Ted Kennedy) appeared unsteady on his feet, had "red and watery" eyes, and had "slightly slurred" speech upon exiting his Ford Mustang after crashing the vehicle into a barricade near Capitol Hill. The reporting officer checked off a box indicating that Kennedy was under the influence of alcohol

The Smoking Gun

Why did the police just let him go; anyone else would have been locked-up that night...

-- Boat

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Somebody check local bodies of water for bodies in the water...The Kennedys have been drinking and driving again.

He was obviously drunk and staggered from the crash claiming he was in a rush to go vote. (At 2:30 AM ??) The fastest way for him to clear his name would have been to take a blood alcohol test on the spot. Instead he was whisked away by Capitol Police. This is a text-book example of a cover up. And now he claims it was a sleep-aid Ambien that caused him to do this? Why wasn't he in his pajamas if he awoke in the night and drove to the capitol in his sleep?

He also claimed that he hadn't drank a drop that night, when a bartender at a place he frequents said she had seen him in there drinking that night. Doh!

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Well, the Kennedy family has done it again, but of course they are allowed to break the laws...they are "important".

All this talk of DUI...where's the proof? As in, hard evidence?? Just a lot of heresay and supposed truths. He was sleep driving on Ambien!
Those Kennedy's always keep it interesting!

BTW....Ted wasn't even in the car with Mary Jo....that was a frame job by the CIA! Sorry to disappoint all the Kennedy haters!

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So another day another story, at least he didn't shot his best friend thinking that he was a bird.

Another one that made it without been tested for alcohol.

Now taking into consideration the illustrious past and present from the president all the way to congress.

Is not surprise. . . seems to me that many of our elected officials are either recovered alcoholic, alcoholic in hidden or just open alcoholic and drug abusers.

Is just life as usual in capitol hill.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Proof? He crashed his car, staggered out with bloodshot eyes and claimed he was in a hurry to go vote at 2 in the morning, and you want more proof?
Okay He's a Kennedy...there you go.

The officer checked off that he was intoxicated. See the report in the Smoking Gun. Still I don't think he got away with it just because he's a Kennedy. The Capitol Police would probably have covered for any congressman/woman. True it could have hppened to anyone, but of course it had to be a (hic) Kennedy. Couldn't have worked out better for the comedy folks.

Originally posted by marg6043
at least he didn't shot his best friend thinking that he was a bird.

Another one that made it without been tested for alcohol.

He was probably drunk as well, but at least he had a good story. Anyone can have a hunting accident, but to claim you're trying to vote at 2 am is just wine-o drunk. :w:

UPDATE: Back to the Mayo Clinic for rehab

"I have been fighting this chronic disease since a young man," Kennedy said, adding that he will return to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota. He said he wanted to continue working for his constituents in Rhode Island.

[edit on 5-5-2006 by dbates]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
dbates

All these things going on with our elected officials, while make a very good topic for fun and the media love scandals.

It also shows the despicable state of the people we truth to run our nation, the same people that we elect in good faith.

While I laugh about the whole issue with Cheney and now Kennedy and many others.

We should be worry and angry because these people are nothing more than than a shame to our nation.

To be honest I am very concern.

posted on May, 18 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
All us Americans better be happy that the Kennedy's are still into politics... Ted has voted on the side of the American people more times than any other politician. And heck, look what is going on in Washington... if I was an honest patriot that had to put up with all that s**t I would be drinking heavily too.

top topics

join