It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

al-Zarqawi outtakes complete video found.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Terrorist leader Abu Musab al-Zarqawi is seen as a less-than-accomplished gunman on a "complete" version of last week's Web video, according to a U.S. military commander.

www.cnn.com...

Whilst i can see the funny side of this, i still found it a bit odd the US military commanders giving this guy a roasting as if he was some inexperienced little boy pretending to be a big bad soldier. Watching the news comments on this today, it was almost as though "we can all relax now, we're dealing with an idiot!"
Yes it may seem like that going by the video, but last i heard, this guy had been behind a load of beheadings, some carried out by himself and was one of the most wanted terrorists on the planet!

Please correct me if i'm wrong there?
I won't use the word complacency quite yet, but it's very tempting.

CX.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
This is especially odd, since the Pentagon has admitted to greatly inflating and inventing the dangerousness of this man.

Its really frustrating to see duped military commanders be surprised at his ineptitude, then have news commentators talked about 'stopping his next spectacular plot'.

Duped toadies, apparently.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Does it show him getting hit in the groin with a rifle butt? Maybe it will be shown on Al-Jazerra's Funniest Terrorist Videos.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Can any one tell me where the thought Zarqawi has one leg came from?
In this video it sure looks like he has 2 good legs!

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It was reported at one point that he had lost a leg, I beleive while engaged in some insurgent raid.

Of course, that was probably another tidbit of information that the Pentagon admitted to making up.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
First, one doesn't need to be an expert gunman to head on organization. It's more about leadership and financing than gunslinging. Second, the timing of this "discovery" is such that it attempts to counter the effect of the recent announcements by Al Qaeda and attacks the character of its leaders, in this case puts in question their competence in combat skills.

I still find it funny that guys in this video would grab a machine gun by the barrel while it's still hot and burnt their hands
Last time a similar thing happened to me, I was really young and was trying to catch casings flying out of an AK47 in full auto. I discovered the hard way they were pretty hot
So this video definitely has a comic value.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The leg story is a mess.

Here is a link that gets into it pretty good.
www.atimes.com

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
i cant believe the morons in the government who are putting this video of a "blooper" on all the front pages of the various news websites and im sure it will be on the printed news tomorrow. this isnt funny at all, sure zarqawi fumbles with the gun and doesnt look like he knows what hes doing, but guess what america, thats a US MILITARY MACHINE GUN hes fumbling around with, which means those bastards plucked it from the hands of a DEAD AMERICAN SOLDIER. funny, i dont see that in the headlines, i guess all the moron soccer moms can sleep safely knowing that the terrorist leader in iraq cant figure out how to use a machine gun. but those that work for him are damn good at killing our guys and taking theyre gear and showing it off to us on videos. and if im not mistaken, theyres a scene of zarqawi sitting on a floor in a house, and theyres a us military m4 carbine propped up against the wall. this is pathetic, i cant wait until this idiot president is gone.

CX

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Whislt i see your point and understand your anger charliegrs, just because he has an american weapon there it does'nt mean he got it off a dead US soldier. I used to use HK's for most of my work, but i promise you i did'nt get them off a dead German soldier!

More likely that the US sold it to them at some point!

"Our arms transfers have indirectly strengthened violent groups and problematic regimes in Afghanistan, Colombia, Haiti, and Liberia, contributing to widespread human rights violations and instability. Many of the weapons used by the Taliban and Al Qaeda to fight US troops during military operations in Afghanistan were originally sold to insurgents by the United States in the 1980s."

www.americanprogress.org...

Not having a go at the US there, i'm sure a lot more are guilty of it.

CX.

[edit on 5/5/06 by CX]

[edit on 5/5/06 by CX]

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Either it's from a dead US soldier or it's supplied by someone else.

It's a M249 SAW (Squad Automatic Weapon) light machinegun, it shouldn't opperate much differently from a RPD that is common in Iraq so he definitly has no combat experience or very little.

It's also interesting to note he has new balance shoes, shoes that aren't sold much outside the US (not in Europe anyway).

The other rifle is a M16 with a M203 grenade launcher, most likely these are ex-US military weapons, probably discarded by troops or left by dead troops, either that or the CIA supplied it to them (which little people on this forum will believe ofcourse since we have such an honorable government).

the rifle propped up against the wall is a AKS-74U compact assuault rifle, nothing uncommon in Iraq really.

The shoes could have been picked up from a dead soldier's gear or a civilian's gear, but I wouldn't want to wear tennis shoes in a desert! but perhaps it's his was of parading with the enemy's stuff so he can show others that he killed him, something many Afghani's did in the war against Russia back in the 80's, they picked up AK-74's from dead Russian soldiers and they would get an elite status as soon as they had one, ammo would bit a bit hard to comeby if you only use AK-47's though!

IMO, this is another smoking gun the CIA is behind Al-Qaida, Al Zarqawi and possibly 9/11, but that's just my humble opinion so don't even dare flame me for it because that would be rude!

A real seasoned leader would have been an excellent fighter to have became a leader in the first place or otherwise loyalty would very hard to come by, and would definitly be able to figure out how to fire a M249 and anyone should know that you don't grab a machinegun by the barrel and muzzle control is also something they don't seem to care about, what the hell are they? actors?!

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Cant watch the video as CNN only use windoze media and I'm on linux

anyone got another link for the video ?

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I think it is a wise tactic and should be done more. It is a pyschological warfare technique that is designed to go straight the heart of the credibility issue, and it is getting airtime on Al Jazeera which was the intended target anyway.

2 classic moments. The sidekick guy who grabs the barrel of a just fired rifle and burns himself. I mean come on, that kind of stupidity is funny, and goes striaght to the point of 'idiocy' instead of ideolgy.

The second was when the gun jams, while it doesn't look like much, there are a great number of Muslim men who have served in the military of their respective country, and it is a good bet most of them could handle that situation.

Many of you Americans who are looking at this in shame are missing the big picture I think, this message isn't designed for you, it is clear pyschological warfare, and from what I have seen reported of it in the Arab media, including the Persian Media outlets in Iran, it has been a very effective technique in discrediting Al Qaeda.

new topics

top topics

join