The Official "The Lost Experience" Thread...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The Lost Experience Begins!

what is "the lost experience"???:

Welcome to www.TheLostExperience.com, your one source for all of the clues, videos, pics, and theories related to "The LOST Experience", ABC's innovative online game that takes you deep within the secrets of the hit show LOST.

The LOST Experience takes LOST fans on an expansive, international easter egg hunt through websites, commercials, emails, phone numbers, and more, in search of pieces to a larger puzzle, a puzzle which, when solved, will enlighten LOST fans to some of the shows deepest mysteries!

our own BTSers have already begun the "experience":

Originally posted by William One Sac
I think this is part of the game... www.thehansofoundation.org...

Password is: breaking strain for the newsletter.

Its a little creepy!

umbrax did some great work putting various pieces of a letter together in that same thread:

Originally posted by Umbrax
I just put this together.

Feel free to use it on other sites but please link back here.

another great find by umbrax:

This must be how the "island" is healing people like Locke, Rose, and Jin.

another piece of the mystery began:

If you go the world map page there is a "secret" location.

Does this "code" mean anything?

and then ended:

I found this on the fuselage. The numbers are a code. If you let:

1=A
2=B
3=C

etc... then replace the numbers that are shown on your screen cap, which are...

13/9/19/19/9/14/7

15/18/7/1/14/19

It spells, are you ready?

Missing Organs!

How weird is that?

the "hanso foundation" phone number:

I almost dropped dead when I saw that commercial.

Anyone had any luck getting through? I just get a busy signal...

Originally posted by SpinDropSmile
1-877-hansorg

Just called it. WOW crazyness... It prompts you to an automated voice mails. I have only done the first 2. The second name is Hanso's and it directs you to his person voice mail......WOW. there is a voice and some static that imply's Hanso is missing and someone has taken over the project but listen for yourself to be sure.
Anyone else call the number and here any of the other voice mails?
I'm checking the other voice mails shortly!!!

Bye Anna no you can enjoy jail without worrieing about work!

this thread should be a great one for "lost" fans...

please, post anything related to this online game in this thread and not in the "lost" thread in the television forum (in order to not make confusion)...

the "lost" thread in the television forum:

lost...

[edit on 4-5-2006 by they see ALL]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Below are two letters between author Gary Troup and his Australian publisher. They are among his last known correspondence.

Dear Mr. Troup,

I wanted to drop a line to tell you how delighted I am that Walkabout will be publishing BAD TWIN here in Australia, and how pleased I am to have the privilege of being your editor. I have long been a fan of your work, and have lobbied for several years now to have your books introduced Down Under, where I believe they will attract a wide audience as well as the critical acclaim you've deservedly enjoyed in the States. BAD TWIN, with it's wonderfully evocative scenes in Sydney and at the Reef (not to mention its intriguing if not entirely flattering portrayal of Australian womanhood!) is the perfect vehicle for launching you here in the Antipodes.

I am happy to tell you that we are planning a major promotional push for your book, and I am wondering if we could lure you to Sydney sometime soon, to meet with our marketing people and to work out some details of your publicity tour. We would insist, of course, on arranging your accommodations and covering your expenses, as well as trying our very best to show you a damn good time while you are with us! Please let me know if you are willing to make the journey.

Warm regards,
Christine

Dear Christine–

Thanks so much for your kind note. Like every other sort of salesman, I rub my hands with glee at the thought of opening up fresh territory—and Australia is a big territory. I very much look forward to working with you.

Regarding my willingness to come to Sydney, you should know that I never miss a chance to visit your beautiful city—and if the trip is on the publisher's dime, so much the better. I trust that entertaining me will not be too difficult for you and your colleagues; just have a few bottles of your excellent shiraz on hand at all times.

Now, as to my portrayal of Australian womanhood… You may as well know that the love-interest in BAD TWIN is not an entirely fictional creation. While doing my research last year, I met a countrywoman of yours who is every bit as fetching (and let us hope more trustworthy) than the character Pru in the novel. Not to flirt, but what is it about this strange attraction between Australian women and American men?

Which reminds me, please don't call me Mr. Troup anymore. I write private eye books, not literary novels, and I am not to be taken too seriously.

Let me know when it would be convenient to have me visit. I am taking a break between books and could travel almost anytime.

Cheers,
Gary

all of this is part of the game and can be found here:

www.bordersstores.com...

also, visit this site (it is a big part of the game):

www.thehansofoundation.org

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

The following sites are not in game (this post will be updated frequently).

www.valenzettifoundation.org...
www.widmore.com...
www.paikheavyindustries.com...
www.geronimo-jackson.com...
www.mrclucks.com...

this means that any information from these sites are not of use to us...

another mystery solved (not by us though):

The Man Behind the Ape (Solved)

Our friend George writes:

I was on your website www.thelostexperience.com... and saw the post about "Are you him?" You can get a different picture of the person behind joop's video. From the main page click Joop's corner on the left, then click send joop a message, the text will wipe away to reveal the webcam feed, but while it is wiped away you can see the picture attached.

Here is the pic George is referring to:

Here is a contrast enhanced version of the mystery man:

(Thanks to Carpe from www.lostlinks.net for the pic!)

Hmmmmmm looks a bit like TheTailsections esteemed moderator RiverTheBald!

SOLVED

It is the guy in the mental health initiative

let's start seing BTSers solve some mysteries!!!

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
LOST EXPERIENCE -- The Hanso Voice Mail System

These MP3 files comprise the main menu and all options from the phone system featured in the UK launch of "The Lost Experience".

The phone number was (011-44) 0800 66 66 40, and was released during a faux commercial for The Hanso Foundation on Channel 4. (Still looking for a copy of that commercial.)

The commerical invited viewers also to visit www.thehansofoundation.org. A complete report on that will be filed tonight after "Two For The Road".

Now... onto the audio files....

click on that link to listen to all the availible audio files...

The Lost Experience Phone Directory

High Mcintyre -- Public Relations for the Hanso Foundation

(206) 861-5017

This appears to be Hugh's cell phone. You have the option to page him or leave a voicemail. So far no progress with either.

The Hounso Foundation
1-877-hansorg (877-426-7674) USA
(0)800-66-6640 (UK)

Voicemail system for the Hanso foundation. Some interesting messages including a message which gives the password to the newsletter section of www.thehansofoundation.org. (breaking strain).

See the audio archives for the entire voice mail system (as of 5/4/06) in MP3 format.

Call out the Troup's

From Amazon.com comes this little video interview with Gary Troup, author of "Bad Twin" and a rare piece of text titled "The Valenzetti Equation. The clip is available here in WMV. Right click the link to save it. There are nine in all and we have the top three. If you have some, please email us at www.thetailsection.com.

gary troup:

Are you him?

From our friend Maggie comes this weird little capture from www.thehansofoundation.org. On the Joop page, if you send Joop a message you will be brought to a strange little game of connect the cells. Completing the game (it's very simple, just click the circles) will take you to a document. Click on the signature and you'll go to another document, click the highlighted area and you'll get a strange little outburst. once you finish this, you are back at Joop's webcam. If you sit and wait for a few minutes you will see this:

this appears to be the same man in the post above...

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The Lost Experience (by lostpedia)...

An alternate reality game (ARG) designed by the writers and producers of Lost to engage fans and expand the storyline. The game was co-developed by three TV companies, America's ABC, Australia's Seven Network and the UK's Channel 4.

According to a New York Times article at news.com [1], the game will be "a multimedia treasure hunt that makes use of e-mail messages, phone calls, commercials, billboards and fake Web sites that are made to seem real." These cross media experiences have grown increasingly popular as marketing tools to promote movies and games, the most famous being Microsoft's "I Love Bees" ARG that preceded the release of Halo 2. The Lost Experience is different in that it is created by the show's actual writers and will progress the storyline. According to Michael Benson, a senior vice president at ABC, "I want to prove to the audience that this is something they will enjoy, that is organic to the show. I don't want the audience to feel like 'they are just selling to me or marketing to me.'"

According to an ABC press release released April 24 2006, the "Lost Experience" will be Internet-based and will feature a parallel story line that is not part of the TV show. It will begin May 2 in the United Kingdom, May 3 in the U.S. and May 6 in Australia. There is no winning prize, but the experience will offer clues that could unlock some of the island's many secrets. "It's like a giant, worldwide mysterious jigsaw puzzle that will come to life for all the world to solve," Mike Benson, senior vice president of marketing for ABC Entertainment, said in a statement. What is known about the challenge is that it includes the introduction of new characters and the mysterious Hanso Foundation. The first clue requires finding a toll-free number that will be released during the show or commercial breaks. Clues will vary by continent, so participants will benefit from coordinating their information. ABC said the game is designed to appeal to both fans and people unfamiliar with "Lost."

Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse first mentioned the ARG in the official podcast that the Hanso Foundation website, which was offline for several months (or in their words, "down for remodeling").

The UK's Channel Four has a blog (in game?)

some bad news i guess:

As the game is running concurrently with the UK, which has just started airing season 2 episodes, it's unlikely that any major secrets will be revealed.

o0o well...

it still is fun!!!

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The Lost Experience Clues...

Clue #18 - The Interesting Date & Aurora

We've gotten enough emails about this, that it is worth posting. Seems to be taking us away from the Persephone, Missing Organs, Breaking Strain plotline but you may find it interesting and it may be helpful down the road:

Dave summed it up best in his email:

"(On thehansofoundation.org site) In Active Projects / Electromagnetic Research Initiative there is a picture with the caption "Early Morning Hours of October 28, 2001. The photo is of
the northern lights. A google search of October 28 2001 will get you a first result of a NASA page with photos of the northern lights acting up on that day. The Photo of Alvar Hanso is captioned as being taken on October 28, 2003 at a humanitarian or diplomatic venture. A google search of that date brings up a presidential press conference and then a NASA page on a Solar Storm. Just interesting or clues to something?"

Thanks Dave & everyone else for emails about this. If anyone is convinced this is a pointless clue, convince us and we'll remove this post so we don't waste everybody's time.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Category:The Lost Experience (lostpedia)...

this is a good page for the articles in the category "the lost experience"...

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Thehansofoundation.org (lostpedia)...

new letters:

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Does anyone know or remember the combination to the vault that Anna gave to Michael? I think that might be an extension you can punch in when you call the hansorg number. I thought it was 31-3-18...

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think that the second number was 1 left. Give me a few and I'll check.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Does anyone know or remember the combination to the vault that Anna gave to Michael? I think that might be an extension you can punch in when you call the hansorg number. I thought it was 31-3-18...

It is 18Right, 1 left, 31 right.

I don;t know if these new episodes will involved in the games since the game is UK based.

Over there they are only at "The Long Con."

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
It worked!!!

You call the foundation, and when they ask you for an extension you punch in the numbers to the vault.

At first it just sounds like you are getting general information, but in the middle of the message Persephone breaks in!!! She is talking, its real hard to understand what she is saying at first, lots of static and beeping noises, but then at the end she says very clearly to use the password "breaking strain" on the website.

Woo Hoo! I am getting obsessed!

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   
WOS I don't think the combination got you anything. I think it just registered the 1 which is Hanso's extenstion. This is the same message I got when I used 1...

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonedef
WOS I don't think the combination got you anything. I think it just registered the 1 which is Hanso's extenstion. This is the same message I got when I used 1...

Oh well! The ride was nice while it lasted!

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Oh well! The ride was nice while it lasted!

it's okay...

at least you tried...

i have a feeling we are getting somewhere...

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The Hanso Foundation - Everything Revealed so far!

Here is a detailed list of everything so far that has been found at www.thehansofoundation.org. This article includes a walkthrough of everything so far, to get you up to date. And everything else that has been found on the site, but currently their uses are unknown.

A New Numerical Mystery

Thanks to Scott for contributing this:

So today on thehansofoundation.org there is a "Important News" section on the bottom right corner, which when you click "here" leads to a pdf of an explaination of a hack of information, if you highlight all the text, there is a hidden link in the bottom left corner, which is persephone.thehansofoundation.org... Enter this URL and your get a list of numbers, imagine that lost and numbers who would have guessed. the number list

is...106 98 111 32 117 98 115 32 114 115 110 102 32 102 118 32 102 118 101 71 32 49 32 108 110 90 32 116 117 98 46 83 69 71 32 103 110 32 111 118 32 116 98 73

Update to "hidden" page on Hanso site

Hey gang, lostlala here...
After twiddling my thumbs, I retraced some steps and ventured back to the "hidden" page on the Hanso site and saw it had been updated, with the update having today's date. It seems the Powers That Be over there are aware of their site not working properly and have put out a press release to apologize. It can be seen here: thehansofoundation.org...

The Number Puzzle (Solved!)

Well here are the numbers.

106 98 111 32 117 98 115 32 114 115 110 102 32 102 118 32 102 118 101 71 32 49 32 108 110 90 32 116 117 98 46 83 69 71 32 103 110 32 111 118 32 116 98 73

Now you can run these numbers through a ROT13 translator (en.wikipedia.org...) to get this.

wob hof efas si sirT 1 yaM gho.FRT ta bi goV

Reversing that you get: Vog ib at TRF.ohg May 1 Tris is safe foh bow

Swap the b with n and the V with L and the h with r and you get:

Theory: "This is safe for now," remember how the Hanso Foundation letter said that the original website had been breached. Well this website is probally a secret replacement for the Hanso website, only accessable to those who could of cracked the code.

www.thf.org is NOT in-game. THF clearly refers to thehansofoundation.org. Contacted THF, they are getting a little annoyed.

And so the Experience continues.....

these are just some new updates from www.thelostexperience.com...

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Seen this pdf yet?

www.thehansofoundation.org...

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Nice find Umbrax!

Did you try the phone number? (206) 861-5017

Looks like there is alot of discussion on this already...

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I haven't tried out any part of the game that involves phoing places.

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Click on Alva Hanso's executive bios and under the photo of him is a date, click on it and persephone communicates again.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join