It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would the US fare in the next world war?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Some americans dont even support america because of bush, and their are a lot of you on this site. Stop wanting america to lose, you and all your liberal friends should pack up and move to canada. i hear its nice up there. chi town pride

[edit on 10-5-2006 by shortmanx5]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by shortmanx5
Lets see about that maybe japan, since thats where we have troops and and aircraft carrier wheres chinas aircraft carrier or right you dont have any any. I love being from the greatest country on the earth. you can say all you want i still I am better. I love it!!

Hmm, America may be the greatest military power at the moment, but the best country, come on. You've turned into a society of materialism, where celebrities are worshippped and kids know more about the latest computer game than American history. The standard of American public education is appalling.
It is interesting that China will surpass the US in number of scientists within 20 years, this can only signal the start of the rise of Chinese technical superiority. It might be also of note that the US has become a net consumer and is no longer a net producer. The days when " Made in USA " meant something are long gone.
As for standard of living, America is nowhere near the bets country in the world, that would have to be where I live

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

Lets see about that maybe japan, since thats where we have troops and and aircraft carrier wheres chinas aircraft carrier or right you dont have any any. I love being from the greatest country on the earth. you can say all you want i still I am better. I love it!!

Hmm, America may be the greatest military power at the moment, but the best country, come on. You've turned into a society of materialism, where celebrities are worshippped and kids know more about the latest computer game than American history. The standard of American public education is appalling.
It is interesting that China will surpass the US in number of scientists within 20 years, this can only signal the start of the rise of Chinese technical superiority. It might be also of note that the US has become a net consumer and is no longer a net producer. The days when " Made in USA " meant something are long gone.
As for standard of living, America is nowhere near the bets country in the world, that would have to be where I live

Hey i never said it was the best country for the poor, but for me its fine. I could care about gas prices etc. And i am not for cali i dont care what the famous people are doing. The publice education is only bad in poor black areas. Most of china is poor so i would love to see how their education is. And the scientist thing i dont care, their are more of then so i would hope so. But superiority come on we are years ahead of them. China has a bigger labor force thats all, are factories are more high tech, they rely of cheap labor. So dont quite, i dont care where its made its cheaper if its made there so whatever. The per capita income is higher in america than europe, so i dont know where you but. I agree with about the history thing but thats not true for everyone, iam taking an american rev class now and world history. It depends wehre you are from, we arent a welfare state so... Unlike most of europe. I would rather keep more of my income than pay for an illegal or some poor black to go to school whos gonna drop out anyway.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Dont even ask how i know about factories, but ill tell you anyway its because my family owns a factory thats makes micky d's sauce so i all about factories ive worked in one. mullins food products, you gotta give those illegals credit they work hard for pretty much nothing, and its really fun to give them #.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   
China has .0035% of it's population as Millionaires. It's growth is sustained by fragile overvalued currency and trade, as well as competitive labour. It's military is still MUCH weaker than America and it can't even take back Taiwan. Nothing compared to America.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
China has .0035% of it's population as Millionaires. It's growth is sustained by fragile overvalued currency and trade, as well as competitive labour. It's military is still MUCH weaker than America and it can't even take back Taiwan. Nothing compared to America.

Thank you finally a man who can think!

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   
China is still a Third World country in terms of poverty margins and human rights abuses. Let there be an improvement in this area before we talk of the country being a superpower.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Erm, actually the Yuan is undervalued by 40%. INteresting how almost all major american manufacturers are moving their operations to China. There is nothing weak about their trade, pretty soon america will have bugger all means of production and will have no choice but to buy from China - not that they really have one now. China is the next superpower, that cannot be disputed.
Oh wait, lets not forget CHina is the largets single holder of US Treasury Notes
So not only can tehy influence the value of your dollar, you're paying them interest to do so.

LOL about Taiwan - I doubt America could take Taiwan either
So a moot comment.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Dont even ask how i know about factories, but ill tell you anyway its because my family owns a factory thats makes micky d's sauce so i all about factories ive worked in one. mullins food products, you gotta give those illegals credit they work hard for pretty much nothing, and its really fun to give them #.

Well, I knew you'd turn out ot be a prime example of teh American education system. Buddy, I don't think you you jack about anything, your comments are all the proof anyone needs.
Working in some dodgy factory which produces some type of artifiical paste to put on your fat burgers, does not give you any insight.
What I find really funny is that you freely admit that without illegal immigrants as virtual slave labour, you couldn't compete. What's even funnier is you critisize CHina for their low wages, which are proably comaprable to what your " family " pays illegals. However the Chinese on teh other hands provide far more than just wages to their workers - try housing, medical, meals etc.
I wonder how much longer your family factory will survive when illegals are made US citizens, subject to all the rights embodying that

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by rogue1

Erm, actually the Yuan is undervalued by 40%. INteresting how almost all major american manufacturers are moving their operations to China. There is nothing weak about their trade, pretty soon america will have bugger all means of production and will have no choice but to buy from China - not that they really have one now. China is the next superpower, that cannot be disputed.
Oh wait, lets not forget CHina is the largets single holder of US Treasury Notes
So not only can tehy influence the value of your dollar, you're paying them interest to do so.

LOL about Taiwan - I doubt America could take Taiwan either
So a moot comment.

I love when people say this kind of thing. Their whole trade is based on the us market without they have no moeny coming in. LOL yea we are jsut going to close all of our plants, my family owns about 10 and we dont plan on selling to any *snip*. When was the last time east beat west, maybe a long time ago, and i even doubt that. As long as people keep buying american movies and music its fine. do u really think people want to hear the *snip* music and watch their movies.NO everyone want american movie and music nice try...Maybe the eu with pan out hahaha not likely 25 countries join up to beat one... Embarrassing and we still come out on top

[edit on 5/10/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:54 AM
link   
i didnt go to public school,private the whole way...good one tho. One year is about that of 4 years at a college. so onve again i didnt go to school with all the dumb *snip* or the illegals.

[edit on 5/10/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:56 AM
link   
since i have just about as much money as your countries gdp i wont think much of what he just said

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Only the American style constitution has the right to be a superpower. The corrupt and oppressive system of communism will only bring misery and suffering to the mankind. You can see how many young Chinese want to come to the West compared to Americans who are willing to leave their country. Without a civilised America the world will be doomed to the exploitation of tyranny. Don't forget history, without America's sacrifice the whole of Asia would probably be Communist now.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Whats better than being white,rich and republican

Being visible.

rogue
Please don't feed the invisible trolls.

A reminder: the topic is how would America fare in the next World War. Our respective educations, our race, our party affiliation, they hardly enter into it.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Ok, everybody back to the topic. From now on (and always) : T&C rules in here, so stay focused.

shortmanx5:
Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Before the start of ww2 the British/French forces were on paper superior than the Germans, facts and figures are all well and good but you cannot leave out the most important element. That is you opponents determination and leadership we and the French lacked bold leadership and resolve. The Germans on the other hand were totally dedicated had a brilliant command structure and had a madmad at the top of the pile.
I assume most of you out there, including myself are not military planners or stratagists so to answer the original question if think you have to look at who's the potential rival, what is the mindset of its people and its leaders and what is its military capability.
I think China wants to knock America of its throne, they have been rearming and modernising at a tremedous pace. The Chinese have been getting plenty of help from the Russians who are cash strapped. The chinese recently purchased the uncompleted Viryag from the Rs and Chinese naval engineers have had it under the microscope. I think the Chinese will complete the carrier and use it as a working, well armed model. They will then start their own carrier program.
They have two Sovremenny DDGS with at least 2 more on the stocks, these vessels carry 8 Sunburn missiles each, 1500 m range , flies at 1700mph and can carry up to 200kt yield nukes and can only be detected 2.5 seconds before impact. The Ch are also looking at putting them on smaller craft.
The mind set of the Ch leaders and military see the US as weak and dont have the resolve/will to fight if it means sustaining massive losses, the American public will not stand for it (and before you patriots start ranting that last sentence is from an American publication).
So how would the Ch declaw the American Eagle, well dont you remove your opponents ability to hit you at short range first especially when they are on your doorstep. They may go for the tripple, goad/assist North Korea in eliminating your forces in the south, take out your bases on Japan and go for Taiwan they certainly have the military capablity and they have the will. So how does the US respond, do you send in your carrier battle groups backed by marines etc. I think the CH would not hesitate to use its sunburn missiles, only one needs to get through you defences and its fubar time for your CBGs. So what happens next, a full nuclear exchange, would the American goverment and its people want to commit mass suicide. All this is mere speculation and theorising, war to a degree is planned but the outcome can be uncertain.
Part 2 which may/maynot be connected to the above
What the hell is going on inside of America, you have that half witt Bush telling you your constuition is just a god damm bit of paper, draconian legislation PA1/2 internment camps etc. What I cannot understand is that you have Bush and his gang telling you there's terrorist hiding behind every bush (parden the pun) yet instead of making the people stronger he's actually making you the people weaker by the use of the above legislation. None of the above legislation will prevent a terrorist or any other kind of attack, we indured nearly 3 decades of terrorism but it never induced the British Goverment to introduce such draconian measures. So what are Bush and Co up to. Before Hitler started his rampage across Europe he did three things, rebuilt the armed forces, united the German people (brainwashed through fear and terror) and killed off the political opposition, or sent then to internment camps (sounds familiar) can you see the similarity. I dont know if any of you have read John Kaminski's works on this matter but you should.
Also www.sinodefence.com is a very good site for details on China's Military.
oh rogue 1 I have quite an exstensive library, everthing from Plato to Mein Kampf,
have you ever heard the phrase dont judge a book by its cover.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Mass sucide...We have thousands of nukes they have arounf 400. So it wouldnt be us commiting sucide, it would be them. So chinas going to start a war with south korea and japan, because attacking american troops in the country is an attack on their countries. I doubt they would be that bold or stupid, it would then pretty much be the world vs. china or at least most the world. Glad to hear they have a used carrier and its not even done yet, that will do a lot of good.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
The Chinese have been getting plenty of help from the Russians who are cash strapped. The chinese recently purchased the uncompleted Viryag from the Rs and Chinese naval engineers have had it under the microscope. I think the Chinese will complete the carrier and use it as a working, well armed model. They will then start their own carrier program.
They have two Sovremenny DDGS with at least 2 more on the stocks, these vessels carry 8 Sunburn missiles each, 1500 m range , flies at 1700mph and can carry up to 200kt yield nukes and can only be detected 2.5 seconds before impact. The Ch are also looking at putting them on smaller craft.

I wouldn't put too much weight into the Russian navy. After the fall of communism, Russia and America played a "friendly" naval war game. An American submarine armed with nukes came up inside one of Russia's ports. Needless to say this pissed them off. The called it uncalled for, rude, etc... But what it really showed was their capabilities were lacking and now China has adopted it,...oooo, i'm so scared.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Faust

I wouldn't put too much weight into the Russian navy. After the fall of communism, Russia and America played a "friendly" naval war game. An American submarine armed with nukes came up inside one of Russia's ports. Needless to say this pissed them off. The called it uncalled for, rude, etc... But what it really showed was their capabilities were lacking and now China has adopted it,...oooo, i'm so scared.

Why would a SSBN need to come upto Russian shores...??!
Also could you source your claims please?
And if you're talking about 'lacking' Russian Navy capabilities then why don't you take a look a these:

RN a/c buzz USN carrier
Another article on the above link

Here's a bit about why you must be sooo scared!!

Flight International

[edit on 13-5-2006 by Daedalus3]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join