It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would the US fare in the next world war?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Oh and the iraqi insurgents don't prefer to attack civilians rather then the army there, is that another "FACT" of yours though? If it is perhaps I should take it seriously then? The insurgents there carry out strikes against the US. With al their gear it's only smart not to go in a hed on ingagement with US forces. By the way, the US isn't exactly famouse for it's ability to fight guerilla warfare. Vietnam; 50,000 casualties in 20 years. Afgan (vs russia); 20,000 dead in 15 years. Oh and there is no current arab army in iraq you jack a*s.
Well vietnam guerillás we're supported by the north,had millions of soldiers, and we're well trained and we're well equipped. Russia on the other hand couldn't even handle the afghan warlords when they outgunned and outnumbered them.Besides past assertions only go so far. You couldn't even handle chechnya which was recent while we toook on the 5th largest army which was semi well equipped and beat them with ease twice.

Yhea, taiwan has forces and so does south korea, what's your point? You think that would be enough to help you against china? lol. true, Japan can help, until the russian fleet attacks.
We all know how crappy China's power projection is. Russia and China aren't the best of friends you know,they wouldn't necessarily fight on the same side.

Canada on your side is a tremendouse resource? LMAO! nice one!.
They do have a nice amount of natural resources

You finally said something right mate, you are an idiot, and a big one too. Support your statements with examples for godsake and maybe someone ill listen to you. I'm done arguing with you. It's pointless cause I can see you don't know jack and squat about militaries, past war histories, and can't make any logical statements above those of a 13 year old. I gave you examples of just china and russia, I didn't even metnion the rest of the world. Have fun madman I'm off this thread.
Why don't you make some logical arguments. Based on your posts i can tell you don't think before you speak.You seem to not know jack about war for that matter spets. Why don't you lay off the immature dissing and grow up.Based on what you we're saying you don't know anything about military alliances either.

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 4-7-2006 by urmomma158]

[edit on 4-7-2006 by urmomma158]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   
to me i think the US would do pretty good if it had support at home and abroad even in a guerrilla war although so far it didn't fare too good in any so far. but it's technological advance is limited due to limited numbers. look at the germans in WWII, they had the best and most advanced troops and army in the world, but the russians beat them because they had massive human resources, and a strong leadership, and maybe some patriotism that the Germans later into the war did not have.

the US is certainly a formidable power, however it would be very hard or impossible for it to beat a country like India, China, Russia, even Iran can cause so much trouble it can be the second vietnam even worse. even Iraq can escalate to a new vietnam.

nevertheless, a war with any of the Nuclear powers except the rather small ones like North Korea wouldn't be too costly, except if there would be a Normandy-style large scale invasion. but anyhow the US is not as invincible as many think, war weariness along with economic strains due to the military budgets, along with the war itself, this can be a very costly war for the US and can easily pull down the US from Power, that's why the US should be very watchful!

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 01:57 AM
link   
hey guy with the Peacekeeper missile picture, don't go dissing Russia, look at the US right now, do you think theyre really handling Afghanistan too well, they barely have any control, also as for Iraq they're doing pretty much not too good. plus the Afghan that the Soviets fought against were all supplied by the US government with stinger missiles etc. also look at how the US handled Vietnam, they did very badly and fought North Vietnam for like 27 years and lost like 60k troops, and failed in the end. the Soviet union made the same loss in Afghanistan and the same mistakes the US made in Vietnam. if i can make a simulation of the what 30000 tanks of russia going against the 8000 tanks of the US, i don't think the Pentagon would be too happy, but put up the Russian Airforce with the US airforce, it would be a battle tipped toward the US or a fair one. see the russians ain't too bad off militarily...

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by urmomma158
Russia on the other hand couldn't even handle the afghan warlords when they outgunned and outnumbered them.Besides past assertions only go so far. You couldn't even handle chechnya which was recent while we toook on the 5th largest army which was semi well equipped and beat them with ease twice.

The 5th largest army is a grandiose overstatement, it was the fourth largest army in 1990 before the Gulf War and the 15th largest by 1994. The Soviets took Afghanistan, or controlled at least its capital, within three to four days after the invasion started. 80% of the countryside however still escaped its control. The Soviets suffered about 15,000 casualties in 10 years, or 1500 a year. One could argue that with a country of similar size of Iraq and of less population at the time and without modern combat armor and medical facilities, that's about comparable as to how "easily" the US is beating the resistance. Given enough time, one or two decades, you WILL withdraw or continue with around 10,000 casualties and STILL being nowhere.

[edit on 5-7-2006 by Simon666]

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 05:07 PM
link   
exactly, see unless you can somehow control the country side, there is no way you occupation would work. look at the American Revolution, the british were the best in the world, but they couldn't control the countryside, so they lost, look at Vietnam, America couldn't continue the guerrilla war because it couldn't control the countryside so it was beaten, the same with the Soviet-afghan war, and the same probably with Iraq and Afghanistan for the americans now. you see unless america can please those numerous factions fighting agaisnt each other and against America, the US will have a new Vietnam tying the US army for another 20 years forward! the same with Afghanistan!

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think you're making sort of an overstatement theere about Iraq being another vietnam. It should alos be well noted US troops don't have enough armor on their humvee's and troop levels we're only sufficient for fighting the war and not necessarily occupation. the US military is based on mil vs mil engagements,it's pretty bad at babysitting just like any other military.

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
occupations don't always work, most of the time actually they don't work, afghanistan could stretch to a new Vietnam, also Iraq could too, maybe not vietnam, but it could stretch fro some another 10 years!

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Afghanistan probably not and i doubt Iraq would since they already have thier government set up. next step is the military. By next year troop levels will decrease.

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
i hope, but it might tie them for another 2 years, that's 7 years!

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
^^ they've benn there since 2003 another 2 years would be 5 years!

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The problem is probably that the US army is not a power any country whants to chalange openly , but wat happens if a country or serveral country's deside to not openly attack the US country soil - lest say a group of country's are able to infiltrate a great number of para trained militarie - or terrorist on US soil , lest say 5000 poeple in around 10 years - get them well armd , with explosifs , small arms , and wapons of mass destrucktion no need for them to be of any nuclear type , they could blow up buildings , tunnels , railroads , bridges , oil rafineries , power stations , police stations , imagine a big country like the us in the dark for weeks without power or Gass , large fires , - no need to have more then a few hunderd terrorists on country soil to get a large part of the amerikan poeple to fight against eatch other , Amerika is a country of many colors and cultures , a global blackout is all whats needed to have a large quantety of poeple in complete panic - you whould have a real war on eatch street whitout having one terorist shooting sombody , as panic spreads there work even gets easyer , how do you whant to identify them ? Sombody knows how many illegal imigrants are in the US ?
A great planner could destroy the US from the inside whitout any problem this is the real treat and its verry hard to secure against it whitout going to a Comunist law system where the governement is over powerfull and no human wrights exsist .
The over powerfull US army whould have no Country to attack - only assumptions how to react on these kind of attacks ?

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by underground12
The problem is probably that the US army is not a power any country whants to chalange openly , but wat happens if a country or serveral country's deside to not openly attack the US country soil - lest say a group of country's are able to infiltrate a great number of para trained militarie - or terrorist on US soil , lest say 5000 poeple in around 10 years - get them well armd , with explosifs , small arms , and wapons of mass destrucktion no need for them to be of any nuclear type , they could blow up buildings , tunnels , railroads , bridges , oil rafineries , power stations , police stations , imagine a big country like the us in the dark for weeks without power or Gass , large fires , - no need to have more then a few hunderd terrorists on country soil to get a large part of the amerikan poeple to fight against eatch other , Amerika is a country of many colors and cultures , a global blackout is all whats needed to have a large quantety of poeple in complete panic - you whould have a real war on eatch street whitout having one terorist shooting sombody , as panic spreads there work even gets easyer , how do you whant to identify them ? Sombody knows how many illegal imigrants are in the US ?
A great planner could destroy the US from the inside whitout any problem this is the real treat and its verry hard to secure against it whitout going to a Comunist law system where the governement is over powerfull and no human wrights exsist .
The over powerfull US army whould have no Country to attack - only assumptions how to react on these kind of attacks ?

You have to understand. There are millions and millions of guns in civilian possession in the US. I myself have 3. If a few thousand of people started to make trouble, the American people would rip them a part. We aren't known to be the most tolerant people hehe.

[edit on 8-7-2006 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
There are millions and millions of guns in civilian possession in the US. I myself have 3 ??
Imagine a few million poeple armed with a few million guns in panic , black , hispanic , chinees , poor poeple robbing shops taking profit of the panic , how long before evry person fights for his own good ??
The american system is i have a wapon i protect my famelie , my goods , and then whe think about the rest .
Its the possession of all these fire arms thats creating the problem .
How are you going to restore the calm ? a cover fire forbid poeple to go outside ?
do you realy think that would work ?

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by underground12
There are millions and millions of guns in civilian possession in the US. I myself have 3 ??
Imagine a few million poeple armed with a few million guns in panic , black , hispanic , chinees , poor poeple robbing shops taking profit of the panic , how long before evry person fights for his own good ??
The american system is i have a wapon i protect my famelie , my goods , and then whe think about the rest .
Its the possession of all these fire arms thats creating the problem .
How are you going to restore the calm ? a cover fire forbid poeple to go outside ?
do you realy think that would work ?

Well anything is possible. But, most of America would not partake in those activities. And we would defend each other. We may not be unified right now, but when there are attacks, the American people come together. Black, white, spanish, asian.

Some neighborhoods would get a lot of break ins, etc if this happened. But most would not. Especially not to any large degree. I live in Florida, and there was very few break ins after the hurricanes came through. And many businesses, it was very easy to break in to. So it depends on the area as well./

[edit on 8-7-2006 by RetinoidReceptor]

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 08:44 PM
link   
What i mean is its easy to put up poeple against eatch other , you kill some extremist white poeple , somme extremist black poeple , you blow up a ritch white school , the a scholl with majority black kids , and you just build up the pressure
Ones the fire is started you control it making it grow its only at the end that you hit the pre planned objective a few hunderd of wel planed attacks on Oil , gas , energy plants , and comunication and transportation . A few million armed mad poeple running on the streets , no need for them to sure it was a black or white guy ones one of your kids , wife , parents or friends gets killed you go mad , and when your mad you whant to fight back , this and global chaos will have milions of poeple kill eatch other .
Here in Europe there a a lot less poeple with fire arms , whe count more on police and order to secure the poeple .
Its easy to contol a mob of a few thousend poeple when they are not armed with wapons try to do the same if you have a few thousend poeple armed with M16 rifels and small arms ? when this happens in 1 city it whould still be possibel to control but imagine it happening in all major cities ?? where do you get the Militarie personal to control all those armed americans ? are you going to ask your GI to schoot on them ? will they obay sutch an order ?

posted on Jul, 8 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Looting would be concentrated if not confined to the inner cities.

America for all its shallowness has epoxy holding it together not elmers glue like some other places.

And for all the stupid tv shows we aren't exactly a drunken mob of retards. America will not self destruct. Sure you may find some flare ups esp. with the media craze but we'll be fine.

Guns keep criminals and the queen of england out of our homes.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
lol, anyway i mean he's right, i'm not american, the American people will unite in case of a major invasion of the american mainland, but who know what could happen if it's just terrorists trying to build up the pressure, then they blow it up by cutting all communications and power, it can be disastrous, and think about this, if the US power grids go off, a chain reaction happens, and bam Mexico and Canada lie without pr, then it might spread even farther to south america, the American Power grid is very large and it shutting off can cause such a chain reaction and who know both the Americas(south and North america) could lie in the dark. then the world would really ahve trouble. but anyway, if Washington remains intact, the whole country can stabilize, but if something happens to the chain of command and washington, and no government exists no more, then there would be a whole lotta troubl, the country could easily go into civil war if some major cities such as New York, Washington, etc, get bombed with WMO's, hehe, then you really got it going. then the south west and California can split, Calfornia itself can be a country with great economic power, the midwest and the northwest, can split from the union, and there you go the bread basket is now it's own country, then you can easily have Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, etc, split up and there goes your oil, the south east, Florida, etc, can split and there goes some really big money outta of the union. and if the Northeast doesn't stablize quickly and rally the army to help, i'm sure the European union or any power that is able to say that it's trying to stabilize the area or to bring peace and calm back would take the opportunity and land itself up there and try to possess it's own share of the US. but still i don't think the US could blow up like that, no not that easy, and not again.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 12:50 PM
link   
First of All let me say that I love America. I understand what we are doing in the ME and I support it...although i wish their goals could have been achieved in a more covert fasion, however after 9-11, I am sure the American Empire (afterall that is what historians will one day call it) after 9-11 I am sure they felt the need to show their power projection to the world. Afterall the AE is decades ahead of the rest of the world in military technology and power projection. By the Way I voted for Bush in 2000 and 2004...but i live in a Blue state so my votes didn't count. I however Do not support the manner in which this war against Iraq has been conducted.

With ALL of that Being Said... now I hope you understand a little more about me...

AMERICA Has NO CHANCE in WWIII

Its not because America is outnumbered...or because its military is currently overstretched...and its not because America has lost most of its allies to weakness.
Not because a EMP blast would cripple the entire country, or even because an Economic Attack would force another great depression.

The REASON Why America stands no chance in WWIII is because of the way WARS will be fought in the 21st Century.

SCALAR TECHNOLOGY

America lays Vulnerable at 3 major points..

1. San Andreas Fault .... could destroy from San Diego, California to Seattle,Washington.

2. The New Madrid Fault... would destroy St.Louis, Memphis, upto Chicago

3. Yellowstone Super Caldera... Would utterly destroy Central USA...cutting off the East from the West Coast...and Causing a Year or More of Total Darkness and Massive Crop Failures...however...would cure the global warming problem.

America Has Had TESLA's Notebooks for a HUNDRED YEARS... I would suspect that many of the Black Projects were involving his technology...Also HAARP.
Also Tesla came up with a diffent kind of missile defense...an electro magetic shield. He was quite litterally hundreds of years ahead of his time.

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
well of course if ina third WW, an enemy country is smart enough to utilize the natural forces buried in the US, of course it could massively destroy the US.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
does the us have any formitible enemys? if so dont be araid to list them

[edit on 26-3-2007 by mr man]

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join