It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you belive in subliminal communication??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Do you belive in subliminal communication??

I direct this question first of all to you,, who have had some experience
with subliminal commercial Tapes/CDs, your own home made subliminal Tapes/CDs,
or programs for your PC, that flashes subliminal affirmations on your screen!

I've allways been facinated by the concept, that you can "with the right tools"
reprogram your mind and flush out that "bad programing" (I'm shure you have some
"bad programs" living there yourself,, or is your name Mother Theresa??

What I'm trying to say, is that your brain is like a computer,, what you put in,
comes out on "your" screen!

As you maby know, the Subliminal Tape/CD products is a billion industry, and all the
companies are claiming that their product is the best. And a lot of the products I'm
shure don't have the desired effect they claime...

Do you belive in subliminal communication?? Or do you think that it's a hoax??

If you are new to "subliminal communication", you could check out this site: InnerTalk and see what it's all about!

It would have been nice to hear your opinion!!

Peace
The Earth Defender

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
WHAT ARE why YOU TALKING yes i ABOUT? PEOPLE do ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT think COMMERCIALS HAVE there are HIDDEN FRAMES IN THEM? OR MOVIE TRAILERS SAY secret EAT MORE messages POPCORN? COME ON, THAT'S SILLY!

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 04:32 AM
link   
There's a lot of subliminal advertising out there.
Hmm.
I think it could work.
Some of it may just be rubbish.

I think you'd have to be careful what you pick.
Subliminal advertising does work though.

So yeah.
Umm..
Buy buy buy!
Listen to those tapes and change yourself!
I should make some, sounds like an easy job.
Meh.
Interesting though.
Noisy too.
Alright.
Laters.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Of course I believe in it. Several studies prve that the subliminal messages have really an influence on the custommers choice.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I know there are some stores who put the, Do Not Steal , in the music in their stores its a well known fact that they do, they say it cuts down on shoplifting. I've never even thought of shoplifting but I can always tell which stores have that in their music because all my brain picks up is the word, STEAL, and I find this very annoying. Because then I get all nervous about being a suspected shoplifter, it drives me nuts and makes me really angry.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by goose
I know there are some stores who put the, Do Not Steal , in the music in their stores its a well known fact that they do, they say it cuts down on shoplifting. I've never even thought of shoplifting but I can always tell which stores have that in their music because all my brain picks up is the word, STEAL, and I find this very annoying. Because then I get all nervous about being a suspected shoplifter, it drives me nuts and makes me really angry.

Yup, The name for this system is Musak...

In Time magazine, Sept. 10, 1979, an article ran concerning "Secret Voices." The article mentioned that about 50 department stores in the U.S. and Canada have installed a device that commingles the music of Musak system broadcasts with subliminal anti-theft messages ("I am honest. I will not steal. If I do steal, I will be caught and sent to jail."). The words changed slightly every now and then, but the basic message remained the same, and repeated itself 9,000 times every hour. Professor Hal C. Becker invented the little "black box" to deliver the technique through speeded up, barely audible messages (2 1/2 times normal speed) in conjunction with the pleasant background music of the department store (see U. S. patent no. 3,278,676 by Hal C. Becker). (Using a Variable Speech Controller (VSC), recorded speech can be speeded up without increasing the pitch and sounding like Donald Duck.) Results indicated that theft and internal, inventory shrinkage were actually reduced by up to 37% in stores using subliminal messages. Using Becker's "honesty reinforcement and theft deterrent system," one department store company saved more than half a million dollars in only 10 months through cutting shoplifting and employee pilferage. Such success prompted other store chains to order their own secret installations of the system as well.

top topics

join