It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Test your paranormal abilities

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Close your eyes....

Not now, or you won't be able to read the rest.

A game lets play to see if you have an ability that you did not know you had.

My name is Mark. I am in Connecticut near NY (USA). I am at work and I am obviously loking at my computer monitor.

To my right is a shelf.

On that shelf are some items.

I am concentrating on them as I write this.

Now you can close your eyes. Try to describe what is on my shelf to my right from the computer monitor.

I promise to be honest. I'll wait for several answers before responding.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Boredom took over and no one else is playing so far.

let's see if I'm psychic?

A coffee cup with a bassett hound on it.

A book having to do with DB Management or the like.

Something to do with a fish? Maybe a little mini fish in a cube? You know those miniature eco-fish-cube -things?

A picture of a young girl - your daughter or neice.

A card with a tulip on it.

You will let me know if I nail anything right? If I do I'll treat myself to a latte

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Is there 2 books on the shelf? (i've never practiced telepathic energy tracking, so basicly a long shot because this was the impression I got).

EDIT: Weird, I also got the impression that the books had something to do with computers, but not certain

[edit on 4-5-2006 by Volatile]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
2 pencil holders

hope I don't get wacked for

a short response.....lol

have you tried this b4 ?

do you feel you can pick up on things

and sometimes turn out to be true ?

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well, so far, no abilities. Way off.

Tulips? LOL - I'm a dude.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant
Well, so far, no abilities. Way off.

Don't be shocked, godservant. There ARE no psychic abilities. At least none that anyone can demonstrate. [putting on my flameproof suit]

Now folks will start posting the opposite opinion. I predict with my psychic powers that some will claim such powers for themselves but will provide no proof (but trust them - they've tested themselves and lots of people they know believe in them). Others will bravely agree to the idea of being tested but probably never will be for logistical reasons - which is a shame.

Still others will wonder why something as crass as "proof" is even being asked for from something so fuzzy, nice, and spiritual.

Others will be convinced that science already embraces psychic powers through quantum mechanics or somesuch. Nevermind that it doesn't.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
The sense to know the other 5 senses is the sixth sense.Out of curiousity ill say that while i was reading your post of what was on your shelf before reading your ?i saw ceramic figures,antique items,paper work and books.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'm sure (or at least I hope) you are not still at work, but I am seeing a small (8" or less) desk fan, and a picture of a motorcycle, not sure the type.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
That is simple. Good try though making people post back even though there was no shelf in the first place!

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I haven't read any of the previous posts, I'm just doing some remote viewing (guessing). Although I don't claim to have any ability, it gets weirdly accurate sometimes. But I wouldn't expect anything.

It seems almost as if you work from home. The floor has carpet and the bookshelf doesn't look like a typical workplace shelf. It's made of a nice dark wood, you can really see the natural beauty of the wood, and dark grain.
On the shelf there is several books, but a reddish one that is larger than others stands out. A bit lower is a yellow cup of some sort. Canary yellow. Made of ceramic. There are pens and pencils etc inside of it.

I think I'm just making this one up, but there is also a ceramic figure with a disproportional head compared to it's body. Big eyes and blushing cheeks. Perhaps a baseball cap on it.

There used to be a sticky note but you took it down now.

You have short brown hair and a blue shirt with a collar. The girls love your smile.

Alright I'm done guessing. Report

[edit on 4-5-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
A yellow cross? and a basket with birds in it????
As you can tell i'm no psychic.lol

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I am envisioning the following (hehe... that's a funny word, envisioning):

1. A Pencil Sharpener

2. Binders

3. A Red and Blue Pen

4. More paper

5. A calender

Any of those things in there?

By the way... I find it odd that you have a pencil sharpener and yet don't have any pencils by it...

-----------

EDIT: By the way, I didn't read anyone else's posts either + this is all just guessing really... except that pencil sharpner and no pencils thing REALLY is stuck in my head for some strange reason, and if I get it right it's just coincidence + I agree with the guy that says there aren't any psychic powers on this board...

Well that's not true, someone posted a picture of them doing a Psy-Wheel during a Research Project conducted on this board. It was well done and I put lots of credit in it. I've also seen another done and posted where there was a lot done to ensure that it wasn't faked, and it was another psy-wheel. I don't know why those are so popular, but it does show that we do produce energy. Hell, humans naturally create a slight, almost insignificant, electro-magnetic field. Some people call this the "aura". Technically, if you were sensitive enough to it, you could not only detect it but also determine information from it.

However, I think MOST people are just full of it - either purposefully making it up to make themselves feel better, or come across coincidences and deny the truth to make room for the answer they'd like to exist (often describing it as "Well, I KNOW it's me... because I'm there" or "Well it's not a dream, I can tell the difference" - and believe me, people can't tell the difference. The brain loves tricking you, and you can't trust it).

[edit on 4-5-2006 by Yarium]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 10:54 PM
link   
something made of wood, a wooden statue?

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Er I don't know...I was gonna guess something round like maybe a ball or something, and also some pens and pencils in a container maybe. Some notepads?

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I see....I see....a statue of Spock, some loose change, some screwdrivers and a pack of cigarettes with a yellow bic, a pack of tarot cards and a psi wheel. There are some other things but it's getting all hazy now and all this remote viewing has made me thirsty for a.................you tell me...........

oops, I forgot to mention the Cross and bible.

[edit on 4-5-2006 by whaaa]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This is rather interesting, if not a bit without point. Fun nevertheless. I'm curious to see the results.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
This is rather interesting, if not a bit without point. Fun nevertheless. I'm curious to see the results.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Well, I'll give this a shot.

Three CDs, a stereo, five computer books, and one of those stuffed linux penguins

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'm seeing what appears to be a bunch of junk and some dust. Do I win the psychic award now? I suggest doing some dusting every once in a while.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Wow, someone is eerily close - VERY close. I will wait for more answers before I say who.

I have seen this game/test done before and somehow, someone usually is correct.

<<   2 >>

join