It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheriff Joe Arpaio to save the world...again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
www.breitbart.com...

Ariz. Deputies to Seek Illegal Immigrants
May 04 12:56 PM US/Eastern
Email this story

By AMANDA LEE MYERS
Associated Press Writer

PHOENIX

A posse of 100 volunteers and sheriff's deputies will patrol the Phoenix area and arrest any illegal immigrants, the county sheriff said.

The group likely will be deployed across parts of Maricopa County by the weekend, Sheriff Joe Arpaio said Wednesday.

Volunteers will be drawn from the department's 3,000-member posse, whose members are trained and are often former deputies.

"It's important to send the message out to stay in Mexico and don't come roaming around here hoping you're going to get amnesty," said Arpaio, who in years past gained notoriety for putting inmates on chain gangs and issuing them striped uniforms and pink underwear

There he goes, with his one-man operation again! Out of millions, just how many does he hope to catch and put millions???

He says he is keeping them.

Good luck, Joe. The majority of the population in Maricopa County are illegals!

Will he set up a sting at Walmarts? Stay tuned!

[edit on 4-5-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
so...i'll keep my eye at the home depots in phoenix and see if he is keeping his word lol

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I say good for him.

If I broke the law, I would expect the law to come after me. If I smuggled something across the border, I would expect to get arrested. I wouldn't expect to roam freely about without getting in trouble after breaking the law.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Hey at least he is tring to something about the illegal situation here. Unlike other states who don't give a flying rats ass about the situation.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Right- my question is "Where is he going to put them"?

He said he is keeping them. Arizona is full of illegals. So now what's going to happen? Will they imigrate somewhere else?

This is not the answer. The answer should be to close the borders- THEN the president of the United States should have a plan???

Of course this is just my opinion, but Joe Arpaio is crazy if he thinks he is going to control something like this successfully.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Good question. I wonder where they'll be kept. Maybe he'll put 50 of them in a cell. Maybe he'll let some other people out and put these people in.

The reason I applaud him is that, unlike the president, he's doing something.

I agree with you. He may not be successful, but it's action. Someone has to do something to discourage people from entering the country illegally.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
. Someone has to do something to discourage people from entering the country illegally.

BH, I sympathize with your position, but to really effectively discourage people from entering the US illegally; maybe we should start with the people that hire the illegals. I think that would go much further in dissuading illegal immigration than arresting people seeking a better life.

Its the greedy business owners that want expand their profit margine anyway possible, that should be arrested. But I can tell you right now that it aint gonna happen.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This may veer a little off topic, but notice how quickly Vicente Fox changed his mind about allowing DRUG consumption to Mexicans once the USA got to him?
He is now NOT going to allow it.

My point is, if we have this kind of influence on him,
WHY NOT WITH ILLEGALS?

BH, yes you are right. I just resent the fact that a hick in Arizona has to take it upon himself (i dont know how) to stop this, while our president does NOTHING.

Who knows, Arpaio may have access to a detention camp we know nothing about.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
BH, I sympathize with your position, but to really effectively discourage people from entering the US illegally; maybe we should start with the people that hire the illegals.

Oh I totally agree. There are many effective steps we as a country could take, but are not. I, like dgtempe, am frustrated that nobody is doing anything about it. This move by Arpaio just shows some kind of initiative. He's doing something instead of just flapping lip about it.

It probably won't be an effective move, but it's something, and could encourage others to action. I'm an optimist...

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Who knows, Arpaio may have access to a detention camp we know nothing about.

He as built his own tent cities. You can read about them at this Link

Expansion is now underway

[edit on 5/7/2006 by shots]

new topics

top topics

join