It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosquitos are the work of the devil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   
God made all living creatures right? And every living creature has a meaningful purpose right?

What freakin' purpose do mosquitos serve in nature? They multiply like no other. They bite. They spread disease. They laugh at my futile attempts to destroy them. The fact that they serve no meaningful purpose leads me to believe that they are the work of the devil.

"The power of Christ compels you!!!!" I say to the hordes of mosquitos as I brandish my crucifix.

Peace

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
They are food for the martins and bats that swoop down my river and threw my yard. If I remember right, Martins can eat up to 1500 of the little buggers a night.

Bats feed exclusively on insects, devouring more mosquitoes and insects than
birds or bug zappers. A single brown bat can consume between 3000 and 7000
mosquitoes in a night, with larger populations consuming
thousands of tons of potentially harmful pests annually.

LINK to PDF

So, they do have their uses in nature, they just seem to be a pest to us humans.

JDub

[edit on 5/4/2006 by BlueTileSpook]

[edit on 5/4/2006 by BlueTileSpook]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Argh I hate the things!

They swarm around the horses when I ride out in the evenings. I come home all bitten

Little *dont swear*s....

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I live in the desert--mosquitoes are not quite demon spawn in my estimation.

But what's up with cockroaches?

Yeecch!

What infernal purpose could they possibly serve?

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
LINK

The American cockroach prefers dark, moist sites where it feeds on decaying organic matter.

They are kind of like nature's waste disposal system, helping to break down rotting matter. We don't like them because they treat our "good" food like spoiling food and can contaminate it.

I am not saying that I like mosquitoes or cockroaches, but I understand their part in nature. I will swat or squash one in a heartbeat.

JDub

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Thank you, BlueTileSpook...

I surely could have looked that up for myself, and I should have. I'm glad to know they have a purpose.

Now, all I have to do is keep all decaying organic matter off of my property (inside the walls?!?)

new topics

top topics

join