It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it to late?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   
With so much speculation, surrounding the end of the world, is it to late to change it??

If we all have free-will then it means that we can change the error of our own ways.

If we take Fatima, where Our Lady appears to 3 children, we were told of some major disasters, that would unfold if Russia never converted.
But they did so they never happened. Which means that life is not set in stone. The visions these children recieved were a warning of what could happen if not heeded.

That leads me to believe that the end of the world might not necesarily happen, as nothing is truely set in stone, each path has a path, and every path has another path, and so the path continues.

The world was ment to end in 1999, 2006, 2012, 2017.....
Instead of activley waiting for this to happen should we not try our best to make sure it doesn't happen??

It's like global warming, individually we think we don't make a difference, but together as a unit we can!!!!!

I think it's time for us ALL to take responsability, for what we do, and not just blame the head of states or countries, If we change our ways then they will NEED to change there's

POWER TO THE PEOPLE

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I agree with you that the End can be delayed. I believe that it has, as you said. God's Grace is unfathomable!

Having said that, I believe that the end of the world as it is, is inevitable. Sin cannot be sustained. It bring's war's, pestilence, disease, famine. It is merely a construct, a program, set to run it's course and terminate. The ability of one organism in one petrie dish to go a little further than the next organism in the next petrie dish is quite understandable. Maybe this is an offensive analogy. Sorry, it's the only one that comes to mind at the moment.

The ultimate goal of course, is to allow for maximum salvation. But when you start to see Sodom and Gommorah on a global scale, maybe it's time to harvest before everything goes to seed and/or rots?

My opinion's. I alway's default to the Word of God. I dare not stray too far from it!

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The Sun will some day go supernova and that will spell the end for the Earth, but until that time the planey will be here. Every culture throughout history has always felt they were living in the "end times"....we aren't, our children won't, their children won't, etc. etc.....

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HimWhoHathAnEar
I agree with you that the End can be delayed. I believe that it has, as you said. God's Grace is unfathomable!

I mean in this in no disrespect, but by saying that GOD can forgive us is like saying he still has the final word. Which basically says we are not in control of the situation in teh first place. Which mean that we cannot change the outcome if god has already set his mind.

In regards to the original poster, yes i believe it is possible to delay the end of our race, however as quote i like to live by "put anything on a long enough timeline and it will fall off"

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I mean in this in no disrespect

None taken.

by saying that GOD can forgive us is like saying he still has the final word

I'm not sure I understand what your saying here. Do you mean that God had control at some point and gave it up, and if so to who?

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I am stating that God makes teh final call according to some faith's. Hence the free will, is not really free will as we are still reliant on the final decision of a higher power (be it that we may be able to sway taht decision to one side or the other it is still not our to make)

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Ah, I see what your saying. Do you belong to a faith that believe's in God, yet does not believe in his direct control? I think Deism fall's into this category, but I'm not sure.

My personal belief is that God give's a choice. He allow's us to be with him for eternity or to be separated from him for eternity. But, eternity being outside of time, would require an end to the timeline at some point. Then the question become's, at what point?, and how immoral (rebellious) would the world have to become to bring it about?

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It's true, obviously if the world was at a constant state of peace then it would not happen.

But then again if the world was at a constant state of peace, maybe it would happen, because we would have then let go of everything, we would be one with God, Nature, and Humanity in general.
No hatred, no malice, only joy and love, relying on others would be a blessing not a restraint.

If the world is war, famine, disease, striven then people are quick to pray, to blame, to cast doubt, they always say where there is darkness there is light. With the world the way it is, there are probably more people praying, asking for help, forgivness, for an explination, Lots of people burning with hatred, envy, jelousy.....

I also understand what you are trying to say and at one point I thought the same, that is God has already decided everything. But again I think after alot of thought during my youth, that God puts you on a path, he sets each of us a challenge, some challenges are greater than others, God will bend us, test us, and eventually break us, I think more so that we have the mind and soul to make our own choice,

If the vooice in your ear says, steal that mars bar, and the voice in the other say's don't even think about it, you have that choice, you know whats right and whats wrong.

Politically speaking your correct about the supanova, but again, who rules over nature and the laws of physics, it's not numbers, but God has the ultimate Judgment on everything, If we do something bad in life, your guaranteed that something bad will happen to you, possibly by someone else, possibly that other person had something bad happen to them and so balances out, God would have made the meeting, and nature takes over, if God is Nature then God would have made sure it happened, but through our own words.

When the end of the world comes it won't be God's fault, no-one can turn around and say where were you in all of this?? I thought you were ment to protect us.

We can't argue because we chose to do it, we chose to ignore it, we chose not to change it.

It's like trying to have a political argument with someone who hasn't voted, They had the chance to make the difference but they chose not to.

Man alone is the destroyer, and now man alone can change it
(for the politically correct this includes woman too)

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
going back to the OP's question, i think it's not to late, but that the time is at hand.
kinda like...the day before a test. if you didn't study in the weeks before you can pretty much guarantee a failing grade. you can try to study the night before but you're gonna have to work 10x's as hard. remember it's only too late to study when you're taking the test.

i think that's the situation we're in now, where it's not to late to change, but change is gonna have to come hard and fast, with a sprinkle of a miracle. only when the appointed time arrives will it be too late.
unfortunately, unlike a test date, we have no idea when that time is.

~my $0.02

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I guess the really hard part is trying to understand God!

I mean, when has something you made ever looked back at ya and asked why? Personally, that's what makes pursuing knowledge of Him so fascinating to me.

But I do think He know's our end. Not because he cause's it, but because Time is also His creation. In other word's, He see's the beginning and the end and everything in between simultaneously!

I think of it kind of like one of those graph's you do in math where you have the 4 line's out from the center. When you look at it on a piece of paper, you can find coordinate's in 2 dimensional. Now, if you threw it up on a 3 dimensional screen, you have additional coordinate's for the same point. Each dimension would add more fascinating characteristic's!

How many dimension's does God see? 12,13, infinite!?

Anyway's............

top topics

join