It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am issuing a challenge

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by �any

Yes it is. And it's Magick, not magic. Don't go looking for flashy fireballs or crap like that though, very, very few people can achieve that kind of power and it's very, very draining.

Why does it matter how it's spelled? It's just a words. Phonetically it's pronounced the same so who cares? Don't take it personal that I spell it in the acceptable manner. Spelling it different does not make it something different. It is still not real. If you think that it is, prove it, start my car from where you are, or turn me it to a frog. What's that? You can't. Yeah, that's because magic, with or without the "k", is not real.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Yes it is. And it's Magick, not magic. Don't go looking for flashy fireballs or crap like that though, very, very few people can achieve that kind of power and it's very, very draining.

Why does it matter how it's spelled? It's just a words. Phonetically it's pronounced the same so who cares? Don't take it personal that I spell it in the acceptable manner. Spelling it different does not make it something different. It is still not real. If you think that it is, prove it, start my car from where you are, or turn me it to a frog. What's that? You can't. Yeah, that's because magic, with or without the "k", is not real.

Oh dear, you really need to do some reading.
I can't start your car or turn you into a frog because I'm not a magician, if you want, I'll ask around, see if someone I know will deliver.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Sorry, magic doesn't work that way... you've read too many fantasy novels or have seen too many movies... the way to start your car is with psionics... sheesh!

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
Sorry, magic doesn't work that way... you've read too many fantasy novels or have seen too many movies... the way to start your car is with psionics... sheesh!

Well then, what the hell is magic? If it doesn't do stuff then I would call it nothing. What does magic do?

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Magic is different for every practitioner. Each person finds a method that best fits their style and personality (that is why there are so many books on the subject, with each telling something different).

Because each style is different, the outcome would vary as well; maybe long ago, someone was able to change people into frogs... but it is much easier to make people believe thay are frogs. Same thing, different methods.

For myself, I would descibe magic as a believed event, created by imagination/ willpower, formed in a meta-physical sense. Said in an other way, if someone is open to suggestions, and a "mage" can create a very believable image, that first person would inact (or create) the event.

That isn't always the case. Taking energy draining as an example... everyone has energy, everyone creates energy. Have you ever been in a group where there are some growing more and more tired, while the central figure is becoming more and more live-ly? If a person can harness that ability (energy draining), there would be a multitude of things that could be done... leeches, ticks, tapeworms, etcetera, do this physically... magic users do this mentally.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I don't buyit. I've never seen or experienced anything to make me believe in magic and, I don't think I ever will. This is for one reason, it is not real.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I don't buyit. I've never seen or experienced anything to make me believe in magic and, I don't think I ever will. This is for one reason, it is not real.

You've never seen or experienced walking on the moon, does that make that not real?

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
(I have mixed feelings about that one...)

I'd say something like "Have you ever seen God", or "Where does the bread go when toast pops up?"... something like that.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   

You've never seen or experienced walking on the moon, does that make that not real?

I've been presented with reasonable evidence that man has walked on the moon. I can see the moon so I know that it is there. I personally have never walked on the moon so, I don't know what it feels like but, I've seen others do it. I've never seen actual magic, nor have I seen any evidence to prove that it exists. Until the day that I do, which will never come, I won't believe in it. Why don't you try to do something to change my mind? Oh yeah, because niether you nor anyone else can because, magic isn't real.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I've been presented with reasonable evidence that man has walked on the moon. I can see the moon so I know that it is there. I personally have never walked on the moon so, I don't know what it feels like but, I've seen others do it. I've never seen actual magic, nor have I seen any evidence to prove that it exists. Until the day that I do, which will never come, I won't believe in it. Why don't you try to do something to change my mind? Oh yeah, because niether you nor anyone else can because, magic isn't real.

You know what, alright, I'll attempt to do something to you too.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Bring it on man. Bring it on.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:42 AM
link   
There is no such thing as magic, or charms, or hexes, amongst other things. Prove to me there is magic or magick, potato or potaaato. Doesn't have to be big.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Too many posts to scroll through.

Has anyone proved anything yet?

Except of course that some people believe and some don't.

Assuming for a moment that these powers exist, as documented in most holy books throughout time, I am including Satanism etc in holy books, then are they more effective if you do believe?

Hexes etc seem to work best when the subject believes themselves to be doomed and just give up and die - similiar to when an elderly person follows their spouse shortly after their death. People often comment he/she died of a broken heart/gave up....

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I agree JohnB, they have as much power as how much you let them. Its all mind control and suggestion. If you can control your mind then you'll be ok.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
IMO magic is nothing more than using chi to bring about a desire (powering intent). And chi is being supported by scientific experiments nowadays in addition to being supported by almost all religions in existance.

Chi, Ki, Manna, Holy spirit, orgone, ether, the field, the Higgs field, Zero point energy, the formless substance. All the same IMO because they each have the same main property: It's found everywhere and in everything and it is used to form and influence the physical enviroment.

Magic is just using chi to power a pure intent (pure = without contradictions).

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
You'll get what you ask for if you stay focused enough long enough. The universe will grant you what you wish (good or bad). So be careful what you wish for.

I am not here to take up your challenge.

Just be grateful there isn't anyone pissed off enough at you who could effortlessly focus negative energy against you indefinitely.

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
It takes too much precious energy to waste it focussing negatively on someone. I learned this long ago, and not easily I might add. Also sending energy to someone can sometimes be a gift to them and depleting for the one sending. I wouldn't recommend it period.

However I would agree, be very cautious in what you wish for..You might just get it and not like it, then what?

Oh and btw..there is magic all around us, all of us, you just have to open your eyes to experience it

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well said Magestica.

I suppose most people would say natural energy doesn't exist either

posted on Oct, 21 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well, nothing has happened to me yet, I'm not a frog or anything, so I still don't believe.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I'm not a frog or anything, so I still don't believe.

Read a little too many fairy tales???

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join