It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am issuing a challenge

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

Originally posted by �any
Magick is real.
Astral projection is real.
Santa Claus is a story based on a man who was real.
The Necronomicon is real, but only in the same way that saying Candyman 5 times in the mirror will bring the Candyman to kill you is real. It's based on a work of fiction.

Like David Blaine magic or Merlin magic. Illusions are real, actual "Magic" is not.

Yes it is. And it's Magick, not magic. Don't go looking for flashy fireballs or crap like that though, very, very few people can achieve that kind of power and it's very, very draining.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Is that the powers/ abilities I have... I never studied; in fact, they are natural, second nature. The only reason WHY I studied is because I wanted to know why I was able to do these things, and what "things" went along with them.

The more I researched, granted, the more my abilities... refined... but I've never gone down dark paths (or even light ones). Since these abilities are natural (to me), I consider them "God" given.

But so far, a numerous amount of people read this thread, and a few have replied... but so far, not a single taker.

Does no one want to uphold their beliefs of the Necronomican? Is there not another magical source that someone could use? After all, this is for educational purposes!

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I'm praying for you soothsayer, it must not be working...

I guess my faith isn't that strong these days...
I pray you'll realize those powers have been granted to you by demons, not God.
If they were from God, you would know.

- Tass

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'm afraid I can't really take the Necronomicon seriously since seeing the Evil Dead movies. much love for Sam Raimi and the gang, but I associate the Necronomicon with b-grade horror flicks rather than real evil.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
I know what I am, and what I do... I wouldn't call it evil. I just use the tactics and styles of my enemies... fight fire with fire. My enemies... have a disturbing respect for me... to defeat the enemy, become the enemy. There is more, put for a later time!

*just some random ramblings below*

...playing their game by their rules...you may win for a time, but eventually you will come up against another player who will triumph over you, and the pain will be memorable...thats from previous experience...

You say to defeat the enemy you must become the enemy...I see it differently...I've learnt that to truly defeat the enemy you must DENY the enemy...or you will fight eternally...a never-ending cycle of battle...one fight after another...there will be no rest, for hate/evil does not rest. If you make that your existance, that is all you will know.

If you choose to forever use offence as defence, there can be no peace, for you yourself will not allow it...for without war a Warrior has no purpose...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Tassadar, please define "demons" ?

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Seems like you Sooth are trapped in a fantasy world or something. As Tass said don't mess or wish someone could do things to you with powers you can't comprehend. You might regret it. The Devil and his minions are real my friend. Peace.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   
You seem quite reasonable in these aspects; I honestly do respect your ideas (please keep that in mind
)

I am not saying these to irritate you, just a personal theory:

Demons, Satan included, cannot grant powers of their own free-will. Angels and demons do not have free will, that was the gift to humans by God... so, if a demon does give powers (through any tome), it is because God is allowing that demon to do so. It could be better explained like this: God knows people are free to do whatever, and He cannot force us to do anything... He'll allow us to fall, in anything, to teach us a lesson; in that aspect, God allows the demon to do what we... "ask", to teach us a lesson.

With regards to me, I never asked for these... skills/ powers/ abilities... whatever they may be called. It's just like drawing, or music... to some, it comes natural. Besides, would Satan give powers to someone to fight demons? That would be self-defeating.

(Unless you read the Spawn comics... killing evil increases Hell's army... but then angels kill good to increase Heaven's army... But, Spawn rebelled, now fights for Giea) (sorry, I'm a Spawn fan)

Anyway, before I get too far off subject, can you understand what it is I'm saying (or trying to)? Also, if you like, look at it from this perspective: magic, just like a ouija board or gun, is a tool; it is neither good or evil... just the way someone uses it.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Magic is for hippies.
to make thier volkswagon busses get to grateful dead concerts on time.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
By disputing the reality of a book, what do you have to gain by asking someone to attack you magically or otherwise? It would neither prove or disprove it's existence. Magic exists for those who believe. Period.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a side question. How is your health soothsayer?

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Magic is a natural force, just like tornados and lightning... it is just a matter of being able to control it.

Some books may hold some truths... it is a matter of reading between the lines, studying, finding what best fits you and your style.

The Simon Necronomican, as a whole, is false... I am not saying there isn't some truth to it, just as a whole. I issued the challenge for the people defending the book... the ones saying "Oh, yeah, this spell works... I tried it!" I also set the challenge to any other belief system because, frankly, I didn't want any to think I was leaving them out
... kidding! It is an open challenge, for any and every, just to either prove somethings work, to prove somethings don't work... as I mentioned earlier, it is an educational experience, with a couple hidden motives.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I've flown from one side of this galaxy to the other, I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field controls my destiny.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
i'd like to see what happens, this is very interesting. cause i believe sooth is getting himself in trouble with the wrong kind of things. nothing good can come from this. and sooth make sure your not being over confident. do not uderestimate what demons can do.

Never interrupt an enemy when he is making a mistake.
- Napolean Bonaparte

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Bah! No updates! No one believes that they can do evil magic or majic or whatever. Bummer.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by AZLS1
Bah! No updates! No one believes that they can do evil magic or majic or whatever. Bummer.

"I can , cause i'm a sheltered teenage girl that likes goth music and watched charmed a couple of times. and my friends taught me how to write spells on paper, so that makes me a pagan. like omg."

#ing fruitcake hippys.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fury

Originally posted by AZLS1

"I can , cause i'm a sheltered teenage girl that likes goth music and watched charmed a couple of times. and my friends taught me how to write spells on paper, so that makes me a pagan. like omg."

#ing fruitcake hippys.

Actually Fury.. you might be a violently repressed closet homosexual...or I just might be reading you wrong.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
(I hate when I can't remember what show or book or whatever I've seen people/ heard names... which one was Zechs?... It'll probably come to me before you reply, though...)

Anyway, if I didn't feel confident in the challenge, I'd never have posted it. "A wise warrior picks his battles." I'm not asking people to give me there names and then have them say "okay, I'll attack"... that'd be pointless; must be secretive, so I don't know when and where the attack is coming from...

I was going to say something about hippie crap, but I thought better of it... ahh, screw it! BUTT OUT! Your insults are not welcome here...

(Wasn't Zech's from Aliens?)

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Soothsayer, seeing as nobody else has taken you up on your offer, I will.
It usually works best if I can influence the person through talking to them though so I have no idea if it will work, nothing to lose though eh?
It might work best if you send me your pic.
I'm not an expert on anything, but I can manipulate some events by my will, it's usually indirectly over a fairly short space of time gets me what I want, but I still get the key thing I want, all the same.
I won't try anything major, just a minor annoyance.

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Give me a couple minutes, and all see about uploading it on this thread... gotta get my scanner up... if all else fails, could I e-mail it to you? And do you just want a picture of me, or would an astral image of myself as well?

I need to give you a warning though... watch your U2U's...

posted on Oct, 20 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by soothsayer
Give me a couple minutes, and all see about uploading it on this thread... gotta get my scanner up... if all else fails, could I e-mail it to you? And do you just want a picture of me, or would an astral image of myself as well?

I need to give you a warning though... watch your U2U's...

As much info as possible without going into your private details really. I'm not sure how much is necessary though, this is as much an experiment for me as it is for you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join