It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet EveR-1 the female android.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
South Korean scientists have created the world's second android -- a female named EveR-1.

www.telecomskorea.com

An android robot looking like a humanbeing was unveiled on the eve of the Children’s Day in Korea by the Ministry of Industry, Commerce and Energy. The android was named as EveR-1, the combination of Eve and Robot.

It is 160cm tall and weighs 50kg. It has the face and physical characteristics of an ordinary Korean woman. The upper waist is moved by 35 ultra tiny electric motors and the facial expressions, behaviors and appearance is just like a human being. It can distinguish human faces and look into the eyes of people. It also can make short conversation as the voice and the lips were made in sync with each other.

The first android was Actroid from Japan.

www.i4u.com

[edit on 4/5/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I see a future that has information bots sitting behind desks as receptionist in the doctor's office. Bots in the shopping mall to give information, and bots at the cash register in the store.

I get a bit freeked by the phone bots as it is, and I don't want to see humanoid bots showing up to do the jobs that a human could do.

I hope this is just a novelty that won't go too far.................

[edit on 4/5/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

chances are we will take it to the farthest extent we can take it.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

Why would you want that? It would be the definition of utopia and we could all quit our jobs, if we so wished.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yeah, you could buy a robot then make it go work for you. You'd never have to work again. That would be SWEET! Spending more time in front of a computer or staring at the television getting ever fatter and even more complacent.

apc

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I think there is something on the mind of every nerd here that is not being said...

Is she anatomically correct?

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Androids are cool as long as they never become smarter than us. If that happens we are finished. Wonder how people will make a living if they don't work? I think Bladerunner may have been a real story from the future.

top topics

join