It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cricket Vs Baseball

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
wow, after reading some of the posts, I'd just like to point-out that i posted the above comment as a response to the topic-starter. I just want to correct myself before anyone thinks I'm aiming at them. in fact, I'm not really "aiming" at anybody. Just responding to the first post on this thread.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I think its pretty unanimous that Baseball is better. Plain and simple. Although I personally love all sports and am currently learning about Cricket now. What I have learned of Cricket so far though makes me think of some kids running around one afternoon and throwing apples at each other and trying to hit them with a stick and see f the other can run back and forth really quick before the pitcher (or bowler in cricket's case) knocks some pollen off a flower. I mean really the idea of an out having nothing to do with the player but rather some bail sitting on top of a stick?? At least in baseball its all up to the player and their abilities to steal bases, run fast, slide, and get dirty.

Baseball is a real sport...

and by the way I am a girl.

Go Phillies! 2008 World Series!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
EVERYONE IS FORGETTING THAT A BASEBALL PITCHER PITCHES FROM A MOUND WHICH COULD BE AS HIGH AS 10 INCHES.

so with the run up involved with bowling a ball and pitching from a high mound. i think its fair to call it even when it comes to delivering the ball.

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Comparing baseball to cricket is like comparing tennis to badminton,one is played by trained atheletes other played by out of shape Brits

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

Out of shape like this one? He is an English fast bowler..

i134.photobucket.com...

Now I wonder what this bloke would look like with his kit off..

1000awesomethings.files.wordpress.com...

So you just sound like an ignoramus. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Look can any baseball fan actually come back and say that is there anything in their sport to compare with this..

au.youtube.com...

Now if you were facing a ball bouncing at your throat at close to 100mph.. and knew that you had to get your body in line to defend the stumps I'm sure that baseball would be a game that you would love to be playing.

Because cricket has that extra courage level required. It isn't just wearing tight clothing and posturing. You know that your body is on the line every single ball you face.

Baseball just can't compare to that. Especially since to score decent runs you have to be batting for a few hours and have to face that fear every ball.. maybe 200? balls in a good innings..

How many balls does a baseball batter face? It's just an inferior game.

posted on Dec, 19 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
er, slip fielders in cricket regularly catch balls travelling at 90mph+ without gloves because they are MEN

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
i like both sports and have played both, i dont think u really have to be fully in shape to play baseball,,,u can have a beer belly and u'll do just fine.

with cricket there is a lot of strain on the body. some of the baseball pitchers might take them a while to bowl properly in cricket

but there is nothing like a good cric face-off

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join