It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Internet, TV, and Video games are Killing UFO sightings.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I bet that there must be some really great UFO flying around our skies at day or night, but the chance at seeing one is slimmer and most unlikely today than in yesteryear, why? Well because of the technological advancements that humanity has achieved throughout time. Television, Internet, Palystation, and other electronic devices are entertaining us too much, and taking away good quality time to be outdoors. Not that the information read on the net is actually causing us to believe less in UFOs, it is mainly the time that we spend on the inside of our homes. Lots of the yesteryear UFO sightings happened around night time, there was not much to do around the house so people were usually outside. There was no Internet or Video Games to keep them inside, thus increasing the sightings. Now, this time is actually primetime for football fans, and Internet or video time for the rest of us. We are getting Fat, bald, and Ignorant to the fact that there are other races flying their craft all around us and most of us are just glued to our couches or computer desks.

Maybe this explains the low percent of sightings compared to the past. What can be done? Nothing I guess!

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm kind of with you, yet, at the same time, as much as I get bored with being inside growing fat, bald, and ugly or what have you, I'd imagine that staring at the sky for any measure of time gets pretty boring too, unless you have someone to do it with.

Sure, other races may be zig zagging across the skies all day and night, but I can't see them, so I'm bound to get bored looking for them. Most people, in fact, will grow fat, bald, and ugly before they see one.

I feel your pain, though.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Then I must be one of the luckiest people. I saw one in 1994, and I am not bald, fat or ugly

Oh... and I forgot, in 1994 i did not have the internet either

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I see your point Cman, but at the same time reporting of UFos is facilitated by the www. During warm weather I make it a point to spend some time outside every nite. I have a special chair that I can lean back, watch the sky and practice my guitar at the same time. I have seen lots of UFOs, that doesnt mean they were alien space craft but some of them were in the high strangeness category. I don't even bother reporting to the National ufo reporting center, unless it is truly strange.

Lately I have been seeing a fair amount of daytime anomalies too.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I tend to agree with the notion that our techo-culture is in effect putting "blinders" on the eyes and attentions of many more people than even a few years ago. Folks are oblivious to much that would otherwise be in their awareness... cell phones, mp3 players and such make humans behave with "tunnel-vision" when it comes to assigning appropriate attention to their immediate surroundings.

Even when folks are outdoors they don't look up anywhere near as much as before their attention were occupied by such dalliances. Because of my UFO interest I look up and around almost every time I go outside. I hadn't considered it before but I believe Cabanman may be correct.

Thanx,

Vioctor K.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I don't agree with that concensus

People are simply make more informed evaluations than they did in the 1940-70's which were boom years for the Alien and UFO phenomenon. The spurt of interest of UFO's and Aliens in the 90's was heavily flogged with flakes, frauds, and blatent hoaxers.
The addage "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." applies here.

Objectivety was long overdue. I'm personly glad to see the matuaration of the members in the community. It's great to see higher resolution posts asking to be evaluated instead of assuming unidentified means of alien origin.

The Internet is the fastest way to disseminate information to a world wide audience. If something is fishy/fakey it won't have a chance against combined scrutiny. If it has merrit it will snowball.

Not everyone sits locked in house playing games or living life behind a computer screen.

[edit on 3-5-2006 by nullster]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
as a teenager growing up around all of this technology i agree with you. but i hate to say it, but I couldnt be sitting outside all day long and try to entertain myself, so im happy i have my playstation and TV and PC, how else would i be readin this? haha. but yeah, i understand what your trying to say.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
lucky me. My computer got me to see a ufo through the window. I can't really miss a ufo. I got windows on 3 of the 4 walls in this room and at night it is really dark out(live in woods).

top topics

join