It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Serpo.info?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I know it's like watching the aftermath of a bad car accident, but isn't today the day Tacitus releases more damning evidence of the Serpo hoax? It seems silly to "draw" it out, much like the so called releases from Anon. Is the process a coincidence? Oh well, let the chips fall....yada yada...

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 02:25 PM
link   
!!!!!!BUSTED!!!!!!!

Tabloid disinformation.

Originally posted by Jeddyhi

Originally posted by Majic
Speaking strictly as a member, and not in an official capacity, my observation is that ATS was being actively used to perpetuate and promote a hoax, that this was demonstrated conclusively in several different ways, and that the site owners wished to avoid having ATS exploited in this manner.
Allowing ATS to be hijacked for the purposes of deception would be contrary to its charter and a betrayal of the membership.

I followed the whole serpo story here at ATS, and speaking from a point of view that doesn't believe Project Serpo is actual disclosure, I would like to remind you that one of your own members, Centrist, started the thread in question. And then Bill Ryan was personally invited by one of the Three Amigos to join the discussion. Your claim of ATS being used and hijacked really makes no sense. After Bill Ryan left, the thread continued, until it was shut down. So who exactly hijacked and used what?

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Moog,
I'm fairly new, but I don't think ATS, in anyway, advanced the Serpo hoax. As with all forums, they are to discuss theories and present arguments. That is what ATS provided for the website owner of Serpo. I am sure that if the staff of ATS was aware of the fraud that was/is the doing of people NOT associated with ATS, they would not have provided the opporunity they did.

Simply put, the only people that will be or have been busted are the steaming piles behind Serpo.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   
4 more days yet again.

I will not being going back to that site.

Speaking of Centrist. Where has he been?

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandman658

I've asked that question a few times myself.

4 more days yet again.

I will not being going back to that site.

Sylvester McCoglin (sp?) has been named as anonymous, according to the site. Tacitus posted the entire original email, along with all header info and he has it listed under the Richard Doty is behind Serpo part of the site. I cannot begin to decipher header info so I don't see the connection. The name turns up zilch on google.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If indeed serpo is a great big hoax, which I strongly suspect, then why bother with all the work to put it out there? There is an enormous ammount of writeing that went into this story and website. Why? Is it some sort of sickness that these people have where they are so bent and intent on promoteing a lie that they themselves begin to believe their own B.S.?

It truely baffles me to no end. Are they part of some big disinfo project? I just dont get why they put so much effort onto such a big steaming pile of B.S. like this.

I just dont get this kind of mindset....

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
What if, the basic concept of Serpo (intergallatic exchange program) is true? I don't discount that this type of cooperation with aliens has happened. I have trouble with the Serpo story and the obvious mistakes made when trying to apply detail to the concept. If you strip away the manure, what you have left is plausible. Again, it may just be disinformation designed to make people discount the entire concept.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyesofbear it may just be disinformation designed to make people discount the entire concept.

with what purpose?

trying to fool a small group of believers into believing what they already believe is sort of pointless, no?

now, trying to convince them to abandon their beliefs would make more sense

or trying to convince the non-believers that they should believe. that makes sense

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
from the video mentioned here
www.abovetopsecret.com...
i wonder how nobody have noticed that, but scroll to 33:26 and 35:07
that oddly sounds familiar to serpo.

edit: dang, it seems V Kaminski did mention it or.. not? too tired to judge. gotta have some sleep.

[edit on 10-5-2006 by krif]

edit2:

pdharris0.tripod.com...

It was agreed that each nation would receive the Ambassador of the other for as long as the treaty remained in force. It was further agreed that the alien nation and the United States would exchange 16 personnel with each other for the purpose of learning more about one another.

The Alien "Guests" would remain on Earth and the human "Guests" would travel to the Alien's point of origin for a specified period of time and then return exchanging personnel to their home planet.

The alien base and exchange of technology actually took place in an area known as S-4, and was code-named, "The Dark Side of the Moon". (Remember the movie. . . Close Encounters of the Third Kind ?)

[edit on 10-5-2006 by krif]

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
been away for awhile with a larger work load keeping me busy....

but oh what a surprise to log in tonight and see yet another serpo thread.

Some have kept me in the loop as to the "latest developments" with this Serpo website that popped up by this Monroe character. I did a read-over of this thread and oh how the memories come back to me.
I tried to say it many MANY times, sometimes with frustration and humor mixed in.....
but I tried pointing out to people to stop concentrating so hard on the Anon postings of "information" and look harder at the characters involved....Bill and Victor.

From day one wayyyy back, it bugged me how Bill "put over" how nice of a guy Victor was. Once Bill's statements were put into doubt, then soon found to be untruthful I had to throw away his "putting over" of Victor.
ATS and many here, members and moderators, tried to spell it out ......that if Doty was involved in this thing in anyway you can just about bet that this Serpo story is B.S.

If you can bare the visit to that other place.....you know the place where "open minded" folks gather.... currently holding signs in their hands that say "comeback Bill".....or "the fires warm....we saved you a seat Bill"......
the good ol' Fireside Chat with Bill ......
it has come and gone......but from what I've read, a few still remain barely keeping the flame lit....discussing the same old same old....
ANYWAYS.....

If you can bare a visit there it's strange how much Doty's name is thrown about....
any connection he has to this "story" pretty much slams the last nail into the coffin most of us have been jumping up and down on to keep shut.

Oh and just like with Bill, now it appears Doty has a small group of supporters. You'll still find the tired old arguments about "show me the proof" or " thats just an opinion not evidence"......

All together it's still more of the same old same old, just some new faces to keep the short attention spanned folks all gitty with excitement.

I wish I could throw some quick humor into this thread like I did with past ones before some offended person shows up here to make everything all serious or personal.....but this Serpo thing is just too un-inspiring....it's not even fun anymore to "bully" ol Billy.....some just won't let go......no matter what you tell them, no matter what is said, there will ALWAYS be an excuse to solve it....

Serpo and the Fireside Chat attendees who still find inspiration in this thing, remind me of battered wives....
always coming back, always having an excuse to say for the most recent development.....some just can't be saved.......they can't....they refuse to be saved....

so if they wish to play Dicaprio in Titanic.....then let them......hold back your tears.... stay onboard the lifeboat.......stay clear from Serpo's freezing waters......and as they sink into the freezing abyss known as Serpo......probaly drowning while they mutter out " but Bill is such a nice guy......"
You can sleep well......because after all......your " heart will go on"

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
with what purpose?

The basic concept that a group of trained "travelers" were part of an exchange program. That part is conceivable. The lengths that Doty et al went through to dress it up, that part is BS.

The disinformation comes from the dressing, not the concept. If you can utilize the dressing to discredit the concept, you have created more skeptics and turned off more believers. Confusion is a powerful weapon.

As to who, there are a great deal more than a "few" who want to believe.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 08:12 AM
link   
eyes, this has been rehashed a bazillion times.

I understand the concept of disinfo. explain to me the purpose of slipping a little story like Serpo to THE UFO BELIEVING COMMUNITY. Take a guy who believes in them and tell him they're real? He believes. You are accomplishing nothing by telling him more stories, some of which might be true.

That's like convincing a priest that jesus existed, and you have some muddied, questionable proof.

You're better served leaking the same pile of bs to those in the disbelief camp. Even if they find the story unbelievable, you have now planted a seed that might grow.

what the serpo folks did was the equivalent of adding a few more alphabets to the bowl and stirring up the letters.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I understand the concept of disinfo. explain to me the purpose of slipping a little story like Serpo to THE UFO BELIEVING COMMUNITY. Take a guy who believes in them and tell him they're real? He believes. You are accomplishing nothing by telling him more stories, some of which might be true.

Of course the guy believes, but as that same guy finds out it has been faked, facts don't add up, you shake the confidence in his belief. This is where the disinformation comes in.

In any case, if you want to shake a person's confidence in what they believe, give them something plausible, dress it up with details (false details), then slowly reveal the deception. In the end, the basic concept is left in question, which was the original purpose.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
ok, so you are actually suggesting that the gov't (or some other group) is trying to make a group of fringe thinkers, who are generally ignored by the mainstream meida/science field, and you are attempting to make them give up their beliefs?

they are not taken very seriously to begin with. Giving them clues to something that might have taken place, and then twisting it around so much that it is laughed off by the believers is a pretty major risk. Let's say, for the sake of this saga, that there is a minor detail in the serpo story that is true. The discussion and meeting with aliens. Everything else, the exchange program etc, is bull. Ok, so the spooks/gov't agents whatever, decide to dress up this kernel of truth and pitch it to a tiny portion of the population with the hopes of making them change their minds on the alien issue. Now, you drop this nonsense and they are hooked. They believe and they are researching every angle. Then the story becomes silly and impossible and the research starts disproving the false stuff.

Let's say one person involved stumbles across some random, minute, almost useless piece of information on the web but, coupled with lots of other miunte, nothing tidbits, they are led to the truth of the crash and meet event. The whole point of the disinfo program backfires and the truth is suddenly out. Totally counter to what was supposed to happen.

Now, if you were doing the same thing with a group of non-believers, they'd do much less research and let the story go after it got a bit too silly.

Not the UFO kooks. They, as evidenced byt the scene on that other site, will not let this moronic tale rest. The risk that one of these folks stumbles across something (assuming it is out there) is greater with every day that this story is allowed to grow.

I am sorry but I see no point in disguising a tidbit of truth in a giant blanket of lies for a group of dedicated, deliberate researchers who will not back away from any and all possible leads to the eventual proof of life beyond out orb.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

ok, so you are actually suggesting that the gov't (or some other group) is trying to make a group of fringe thinkers, who are generally ignored by the mainstream meida/science field, and you are attempting to make them give up their beliefs?

Not give up their beliefs, but merely to confuse and shake their beliefs.

IF, the actual meeting took place, and IF we did ship willing participants to some far away planet, then dress it up with mis-information that discredits the entire concept, including the true parts. Therefore, you have people screaming fraud, which is entirely true about the dressing, and missing the key point that under the BS and nonsense is SOME truth.

Even the die hards will have a hard time convincing anyone that there is truth in the story because the delivery method was proven to be a fraud.

It's like a magic trick. There is a quarter, but it is the sleight of hand that everyone is paying attention to. In the end, people are trying to figure out the trick, not the quarter.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyesofbear
Not give up their beliefs, but merely to confuse and shake their beliefs.

again, for what purpose? these are (generally) people who have had some kind of experience that has convinced them that life exists on other planets. you are taking an awfully large risk of accidentally leading them to the pot of gold by giving them bits of truth mixed into the story.

serpo is a hoax. I don't doubt that. I just don't see the point in it, other than to garner fame and/or fortune by trying to pull one over on the ufo crowd.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Yes, that is the other piece. It's all about the money (fame and fortune). Looks like it backfired!

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm starting to think this is just an information warfare game between a blue and a red team.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I've asked that question a few times myself.

Hmm, Centrist?

He posted something strange in his big old serpo thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

check his second quote in his famous 'The Game Has Changed' post.
(refound the post over a link in wikpedia en.wikipedia.org...)

quote:
Sent: Thu 2/2/2006 11:19 AM
To: Wayne
Subject: The Serpo thread

Hi, Wayne –

If this is true, it sounds like a compromise Bill has agreed with the antagonistic moderators (“let the people decide”). Do you have any inside info?

Best, Bill

Bill speaks about himself in third person. A little unusual.

Well I dont know. Somehow in serpo is a terrible mess.. who plays whom? I dont get it anymore.

byway, Shwanna, thanks for the information you sent me. Already thanked you in email but can't hurt to do it official again.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
You're welcome! It is pretty revealing to see VM at his finest and it does provide insight into how desperate Doty and VM were to stop serpo.info from going live.

And I'm sure VM would be happy to add you to his 'spam' list if you really wanted on it. I was added without requesting it but when I questioned him about his financial interest in shamelessly promoting the second printing of the EfD book - he took me off of his list and has been bad mouthing me ever since too.

Pathetic behavior for a grown man IMHO.

Always,
Shawnna

PS - My name is spelled S-h-a-w-n-n-a

[edit on 11-5-2006 by Shawnna]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join