It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad Planeman's Stealth Challenge 2006

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Just another random thought. this one is influenced on the flanker:

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
What makes these cheap approaches to stealth... that they are designed with a free source method or is it something else.

And that last one doesn't have a continuas curvature and thus more angles than it actually needs(Is my oppinion)

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by planeman
Basically design a low cost stealth combat aircraft and illustrate your concept.

Low cost? You're kidding right? Stealth aircraft are by definition expensive. The stealth Test planes costed over $1 Billion and all they had to do was fly and be stealthy. Drawing a stealth plane might be cheap, but building it is something else entirely! To make stealth work you have to be brilliant in physics and engineering. The devil's in the Details.

If you really want to build one, I hope Bill Gates is your dad or your uncle! It's going to cost you!

Tim

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost

Low cost? You're kidding right? Stealth aircraft are by definition expensive. The stealth Test planes costed over $1 Billion and all they had to do was fly and be stealthy. Drawing a stealth plane might be cheap, but building it is something else entirely! To make stealth work you have to be brilliant in physics and engineering. The devil's in the Details.

If you really want to build one, I hope Bill Gates is your dad or your uncle! It's going to cost you!

Tim
Cheap is a relative term - I am not for a moment suggesting any of us could build one using personal funds, lol.

There's been a thread on the cost of stealth programs and I, along with a few others here, are of the opinon that a stealth aircraft can be made much cheaper than the typical USAF program which you are using as your benchmark. Look at the privately funded BAE Systems program (Raven/Corex/HERTI) - they must come in at a fraction of the price, not least due to the use of off-the-shelf systems and modularity.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join