It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moussaoui to get life behind bars. Does this mean Moussaoui will be man-meat?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Moussaoui, is getting sentenced to life instead of death, what do you guys think.

www.cnn.com...

www.foxnews.com...

its just crossing the wires.

Personally, I like this ruling because now it will be harder for him to become a martyre throughout the Muslim world. Will Muslims still respect a man who unwillingly gives into gay sex on a daily basis, Vichilo and Iraqi King what do you think?

I hope they already have his cellmate planned out or

The prison should make it a lottery to see who gets him as a roomie.

One word, Man-meat!

[edit on 3-5-2006 by Low Orbit]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   

posted by Low Orbit: “Moussaoui, is getting sentenced to life instead of death, what do you guys think. Personally, I like this ruling because now it will be harder for him to become a martyrs throughout the Muslim world.

I’m pleased the jurors showed more gumption than the U.S. prosecutors. Grand-standing!

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The guy was obviously mad. It's no wonder the Bushies made him their poster boy. The conviction and sentencing are both meaningless. I mean, the guy refused to communicate with his defense team (paranoid and delusional) but communicated openly with the prosecution (suicidal - almost).

He's a nutbag and anything he admitted to is therefore questionable. The Attorney General is grasping at straws. One question: where is Osama?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Moussaoui won't be touched in prison, he's going to have a nice soft private cell, get the best medical and psychological treatment he can get, be well fed, and go through decades of appeals. He may even get out one day. Meanwhile, he will be able to publish his diatribes and screeds in any media outlet that will listen, and encourage his fellow jihadis to take action. People will even be kidnapped and murdered in futile attempts to get him freed.

People thought that killing him is giving him what he wants. Not true. He wanted to die a martyr fighting the enemy, giving him death would've killed him on our terms, not his.

As far as him having been martyred and used to recruit other jihadis, no one is going to go to war over that pathetic lunatic being executed. Let 'them' have their martyr. Now they've got a figurehead and a mouthpeice.

Good job, morons in the jury.
You had someone that was involved in the globe shattering 911 attacks, who told you he wished he could've killed thousands, and you sat there like cows.

[edit on 3-5-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 04:01 PM
link   
"People will even be kidnapped and murdered in futile attempts to get him freed."

Do you honestly believe that, I agree with you that he probably won't be touched in prison, at least until he showers,

This was a very difficult case to rule on because there wasn't a good solution to either problem.

I hope they don't give him any special privileges in Prison because of who he is, he should have to suffer the same humiliation the rest of the prisoners have to endure.

Hopefully by the biggest guy in there.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If he ends up at the Super Max just outside of Denver Colorado he will be in isolation just like all the other prisoners there. Its 23 hour single confinement with one hour of recreation..still isolated. You are locked up alone for the rest of your life essentially....he will not have a nice life....but he will be able to write...and therein lies a problem...IF...he weren't mentally disabled...As a counselor I know schizophrenia(paranoid type) and the man is literally not right in his head....we dont have to worry about him..especially because prisons can and do heavily censor prisoner mail...its all read....and its not always sent out.... This man will not be a threat to anyone...and its better that we havent killed him.....killing someone bceause they did something wrong is never the answer....it only perpetuates the cycle of violence.....

El senor pom pom rides again

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I personally don't think there will be any outcry from muslim extremists regarding moussouais life in prison sentence or attempts to free him.

Safe to assume the guys they send on the suicide missions aren't that high up in the organization.

I'm glad they didn't sentence him to death but I do think he deserves it, but again the whole martyr thing.

I would have like to have seen life in solitary confinement(though I'm not sure a jury can do that, if someone knows please correct me).

I'd stick him in a cell alone, make him eat alone, no contact with other inmates or outside visitors, no book or movie deal and an hour a day alone in the yard.

I'd give him cable tv but he would only get CSPAN2, MTV2 and HBOFamily.

That'd show him.

SPiderj

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Elsenor I agree with you, however Justice means different things to different people.

When terrorists die they expect to get 40 virgins in the afterlife. We should give Mousaoui the opposite, 40 STD infected Big Inmates. To me, that would be justice, sweet justice!

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   
First, recall Jesus said, “If you visit those in prison, you have visited me.” I would take it ‘visit’ means more than dropping by for a spot of tea. Jesus also said if I’m naked, you clothe me, if I’m sick, you nurse me, if I’m hungry, you feed me. You know the routine.

Next, I do not know the exact number, but I’m sure that most prisoners will be released back into the civilian population. It makes no sense to me to abuse, to mistreat, to degrade, to deprive any person of the basic decencies of life for many years, then expect him (or her) to return to “duty” as if nothing untoward had happened to him.

Thirdly, some of you posters have actually implied you hope the poisoner will receive unwelcome perverted sexual abuse and mistreatment while in prison. Gang rape. Yes, the law accepts that a man can be raped, too. Frankly, I’m always a bit suspicious of advocates of sex as a form of punishment. It carries a lot of heavy stuff with it which I’ll not elaborate on here.

Sorry to disappoint you, but because the ACLU and several public defender’s offices have pushed several such cases to multi-million dollar settlements, most states now try to assure the safety of their charges. As indeed any civilized society would expect. Anyone who wants to know how bad it can be in an American prison ought to read about Angola. It was not the only prison in America that was run by people straight from hell, but it went on the longest time and killed the most people. Even outdoing Texas which is hard to do in malefactoring enterprises.

[edit on 5/3/2006 by donwhite]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
45 minutes, huh, usually the PC police act sooner than that, gettin old are we?

Take a day off man!

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
Do you honestly believe that

They're kindapped and murdered people in Iraq over prisoners, it seems very likely that they'd do it over him.

I hope they don't give him any special privileges in Prison because of who he is

They're going to HAVE to protect him and give him sepecial attention because they clearly know that he will be so hated. He's not going to come into much contact with the general population at all.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Take a day off man!

Take the day off as in 'go shopping while we rape and murder this bad man, right?'

What you wish for another you will one day experience yourself. Believe it.

Advocating violence, whether sexual or not, as a solution to 'deal with' those who perpetrate violence is a direct way of validating violence as an answer worth pursuing. The only distinction is that you believe that your cause is just and theirs is not. I suggest to you that every person who commits murder believes that the action of murdering is justified for one reason or another.

You and others here appear to support the murder, violent rape, or lifelong isolation from humanity, of this human being as retribution for your belief that he was supposed to participate in the events of September 11. It is fairly certain that he is psychologically impaired. I would endorse his commitment as he is a self-stated threat to the welfare of humanity. However, I would not endorse him being raped or murdered. It would only bring me to his (and your) level of consciousness. I choose a different path.

I am not a religious person but I do agree that violence begets violence. It is a cycle and it will not end until one side withdraws from violence as their way of life. Your advocating this is unfortunate and indicates you have a long ways to go toward enlightenment. Good luck in that endeavor, should you choose to undertake it.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattlelaw

Take a day off man!

Take the day off as in 'go shopping while we rape and murder this bad man, right?'

What you wish for another you will one day experience yourself. Believe it.

Advocating violence, whether sexual or not, as a solution to 'deal with' those who perpetrate violence is a direct way of validating violence as an answer worth pursuing. The only distinction is that you believe that your cause is just and theirs is not. I suggest to you that every person who commits murder believes that the action of murdering is justified for one reason or another.

You and others here appear to support the murder, violent rape, or lifelong isolation from humanity, of this human being as retribution for your belief that he was supposed to participate in the events of September 11. It is fairly certain that he is psychologically impaired. I would endorse his commitment as he is a self-stated threat to the welfare of humanity. However, I would not endorse him being raped or murdered. It would only bring me to his (and your) level of consciousness. I choose a different path.

I am not a religious person but I do agree that violence begets violence. It is a cycle and it will not end until one side withdraws from violence as their way of life. Your advocating this is unfortunate and indicates you have a long ways to go toward enlightenment. Good luck in that endeavor, should you choose to undertake it.

Of course you arent religious you are a capitalist and that is the exact reason why you shouldnt be a lawyer. Do I owe you any money for writing on here?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Of course you arent religious you are a capitalist and that is the exact reason why you shouldnt be a lawyer. Do I owe you any money for writing on here?

Er, um, huh?

Can you be any less on point? Can you provide any additional evidence of your ineptitude vis a vis your vacuous and meaningless remarks?

Like I said, support your diatribe or save it for your therapist.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
What I am trying to say is Poilitcal Correctness is ruining our nation.
Freedom of thought leads to prosperity.
Variety of thought leads to prosperity.
Variety of thought creates culture.
With Political Correctness you force individuals to think a certain way, act a certain way. You become the Nazi.

Yes I do want to see the man be made into man-meat, after all it would be Ironic!! He was attempting to blow up himself and in the process try to take out other Americans, and for what? So that he could get his 72 virgins his religion, Islam, tells him about. Well since he failed he should punished not rewarded. Hmm, how could we punish him?

P.S. if you are so PC why don't you worry about all of those virgins with the terrorists.

[edit on 4-5-2006 by Low Orbit]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I'm disappointed, very disappointed!!!

I was hoping they'd decide to give him a sex change operation, and then drop him off somewhere in Afghanistan!!!

of course, now that he's been sentenced and will be locked up in a cell for the rest of his life, who would know if we did???

come on Bushie.....let's see, that's what over $100,000 a year for the rest of his life that can be shifted over to black ops... you can't refuse a deal like that, can you??

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

What I am trying to say is Poilitcal Correctness is ruining our nation.
Freedom of thought leads to prosperity.
Variety of thought leads to prosperity.
Variety of thought creates culture.
With Political Correctness you force individuals to think a certain way, act a certain way. You become the Nazi.

Yes I do want to see the man be made into man-meat, after all it would be Ironic!! He was attempting to blow up himself and in the process try to take out other Americans, and for what? So that he could get his 72 virgins his religion, Islam, tells him about. Well since he failed he should punished not rewarded. Hmm, how could we punish him?

P.S. if you are so PC why don't you worry about all of those virgins with the terrorists.

[edit on 4-5-2006 by Low Orbit]

Why do you characterize my statements as politically correct? Are considerations which include understanding and love of self and others, regardless of their mental state, political correctness?

My friend, there are many, many human beings on this planet. They all operate at different levels of consciousness. For those working at a lower level of consciousness it is not beatings and rapes which will serve to bring them to a higher level. And even if it were a good thing for the individual to inflict physical and mental anguish upon them, what kind of message does that send to the children of our society? It is a message which glorifies hate, vengeance and physical violence against those you disagree with.

Isn't that attitude the one that caused 911 in the first place?

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
there's an update on the reuters and ap about mossaouis life sentence which talks about the conditions in solitary.

Seems most of my hopes are being fulfilled.

I've tried to post a link but it's not working but you can find it on those sites and I'm sure others.

SPiderj

[edit on 5/4/2006 by Spiderj]

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I to agree with you that solitary confinement is probably the best thing for him. Why we let people like him write in prison, dumbfounds me? He's lucky he's still alive.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
He will be in solitary for 23 hours a day. No one around to hear
him shout anti-Americanisms. It'll frustrate him and drive him
crazy(ier).

The jury screwed up. I am not in favor of the death penalty except
in extreme cases and those for self defense purposes. This one
is both.

He deserves death AND it is safer for us if he is dead. No, not because
he can escape and kill, although I'm sure that's what he's dreaming
about. It's safer for us if he's dead because while he is alive his fellow
radicals can take hostages and demand that he be released. They can
threaten to blow up cities unless he's released .....

He should be dead. The jury screwed up.

top topics

join