It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

us schools become pop free

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

In an effort to combat child obesity, about 35 million students in the United States will no longer be able to buy regular soft drinks at school.

Major beverage distributors and anti-obesity advocates have reached a deal, brokered by the William J. Clinton Foundation, to restrict the selection in vending machines.

Only water, juice and low-fat milks will be sold in elementary and middle schools.

In high schools, diet soda will still be sold, as will unsweetened teas, sports drinks and flavoured water.

story - news.sympatico.msn.cbc.ca... tle=&detect=&abc=abc

no more cocacola???!!! nooooooo! thats madness! next theyll take away my cheeze whiz! but i wont give it up with out a fight!!! students of america! dont give in! fight for the cola!

your say?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:13 PM
link   
lol well I'm graduated but if I still went to school I'd just get pop from somewhere else. I'd sneak it in the school if I had to.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
There are these really cool places called stores. Before or after school you walk into this thing called a store and you can get soda pop there. It's usually cheaper too.

Sorry I couldn't resist the sarcasm. Seriously though, there are other places to buy soda pop. Drinking pop is a nasty habit though, believe me, I know from experience.

new topics

join