It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just cross-referencing here but, books of the dammed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 02:24 PM
link   
What are some of them? A friend said he read a book that said "Whoever reads this book shall be dammed." And now he says he sees people. Is he telling the truth or is he just BSing?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Both and niether.

There's a book of that title by Charles Fort, where he blames science for not investigating his pet psychic phenomina (which had been investigated and were not infrequently found to be frauds.)

I've seen some extremist Christians argue that things like Harry Potter qualify as books of the damned (and so do books on evolution, science, and anything non-Christian and non-according-to-their-interpretation-of-the-Bible.) I know that there are books that Muslim clerics declare that a true Muslim must not read (Rusdie's Satanic Texts come to mind.)

Having read a good selection of these books, I don't find that I've been morally corrupted, that my dreams have become demon haunted, that my life has become cursed, that dogs follow me around and howl, that my cats are giving me the Evyl Eye, that my kids grew up to be horrible people, that my cars die more often than usual, etc.

Undoubtedly there's something in EVERY book that (theoretically) will offend some deity that has (ever) existed on this planet.

However, in reality, they're just folklore -- but they make for a GREAT fiction story idea, don't they?

P.S. As to your friend, there are people who are very susceptible to suggestion (they read medical texts and they promptly come down with the symptoms of what they are reading.) I have seen extremist Christians go into hysterics and fits (claiming demon possession) after reading a page of what they were told was Harry Potter.

So your friend is either gaming you or is unbelievably naive and suggestable.

[edit on 3-5-2006 by Byrd]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
It is just he has went into a room, picked up a soft drink, and return with a gash on his leg. It was a small amount of time. He says shadows follow him around. And by damned, I mean like satanic books. Not that I am like that or anything.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Wasn't there some " secret writings" by that name/title somehow associated
with the Necromonicon?

They were the basis of the legend,that was the source of the myth,that was the
foundation of the tale that inspired the writer to another book that led to his writing
the Necromonicon? Or something like that.

top topics

join