It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(Pending) tag crippling ATSNN's ability to post news promptly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Recently I was interested in posting an update to the 8.0 mag earthquake reported in the south Pacific and was unable to due to the 'Pending' nature of the initial report. I remember in the past that the process that a story undergoes prior to being "reply-able" was much faster. Now, the 8.0 earthquake is older news and even though the Tsunami Alert has been called off for the South Pacific, ATS fans will never know unless someone posts another news item to tell everyone.

What if there was a tsunami and a bunch of news to report due to it? Tough luck...the original post is still locked as Pending.

I used to come here to look for and discuss breaking news. It appears as if this is no longer possible under the revised ATS. Frankly, it's a shame.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   
i think that an article of that magnitude (excuse the pun) would be "promoted" to "breaking news" and would immediately be a part of ATSNN...

but, with the new version of ATSNN being born, i am not sure...

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I noticed a thread started on the subject and it actually got updated with information while the "news" article just languishes.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Still (Pending) even though it was clearly verifyable breaking news.

Additionally, the tsunami warning was called off, which does reduce the impact of the original news item, but you wouldn't know that had happened unless you did your own research because the original thread still doesn't mention it. Boo.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'll be honest, I deal primarily with the background-management of ATS and not ATSNN...

However, if there is something urgent that anyone needs staff to deal with, the Suggestion box or U2U's to staff are a very efficient way to go.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Thanks for the input Simon. I submitted the suggestion and found that the EQ post was upgraded shortly thereafter. I hope that the underlying issue is addressed, though, so that ATSNN can return to the former glory I believe it once held. Under it's current configuration, it has lost all ability to be a source for breaking news amongst ATS members.

join