It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EEEK! Do ghosts like hotdogs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   
My family and I have lived in Our house for 3 yrs. this month. Very beautiful, built in 1920-some. There have been times where We've heard different things like footsteps on the stairs. Thinking it's the kids we get up to check to find them sound asleep in bed. A few months ago My very fav. vase slid off Our built-in bookcase and broke into peices. It wasn't a fragile vase, it was very thick, very heavy blown glass and it sat undisturbed for months on end. I've always explained these things away easily enough even though My husband & I have often joked about Our 'ghost'. Well, last night Me, My Husband and Our 2 kids sat down to a nice supper of grilled burgers, dogs and chicken. The kids fought over stupid sibling stuff like They do, My hubby & I were having a conversation about something I can't even remember anymore. We'd set the plate of food between the 2 of Us earlier in the meal. A hotdog rolled up and off the plate! Not a flat plate, one with sides. Not huge sides like a casserole dish, sides like a soup/salad dish. The hotdog rolled UP the side, sat for a moment and dropped onto the table. It wasn't piled high with food. As a matter of fact I took the dogs off the grill 1st(You know how they cook faster than everything else?) Then I placed the burgers around the dogs, the chix off to 1 side. I'm telling You that hotdog rolled up & over. Really freaky but totally cheesy as far as ghosts go. I mean, how many ghosts move hotdogs? Pictures, personal items, regular objects, but hotdogs? Do You know how silly I feel posting this? That freakin' dog moved on it's own! So, do ghosts like hotdogs?

mod edit: censor circumvention

[edit on 3-5-2006 by sanctum]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
As long as the table was level, that's pretty crazy. That reminds me of a time I was camping and my friend sat down on a rather unsturdy picnic table, and a whole tray of carrots slid right into the sand

I don't think all ghosts like hot dogs. Maybe one specific ghost loves hot dogs and risked stealing one, and then stopped when everyone was looking at the hot dog rolling up the sides of a dish

About all you can do is start putting lids on them. And if the lid lifts off and sets itself down on the table, and then a hot dog rolls back up the side again... well.... you've got a problem.

The only thing worse than ants at a picnic/BBQ is those pesky ghosts.

[edit on 3-5-2006 by Yarcofin]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Dog Disobedience School

Hotdogs and other sausages often swell, flex and distort in various ways when cooked, and as they cool, can shrink, bend and contort in various unexpected ways.

While I wasn't there, and thus may not fully appreciate this particular act of tubular gymnastics, it seems possible to me that this may be a case of a hotdog rolling as a result of a thermal change.

On the other hand, if there are other things going on that aren't explainable by the naturally chaotic and endearing antics of kids, then perhaps this is part of a larger pattern.

Still, I've seen hotdogs do some strange things in my day.

join