It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im going to Machrihanish, anything i should look out for???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hey im in the ATC and im goin to Machrihanish on a camp, is there anything interesting i should look out for. I've been told that it has the longest runway in the UK and is used as a shuttle diversion site (is that true?). I have also been told that its the UK base of the US Navy Seals (is that true?). Wether this is true i dunno but i got told that the Aurora lands there (IS THAT TRUE?). Well i just wanna know if there is anything i shoul look out for. Take Photos of etc.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I remember a guy posting some stuff a year or two back and he had a site that had some good info on Machrihanish. Try searching ATS and im sure you will find the link to his site if you look back about 18 months or so, Im too lazy and tired to find it for you right now sorry.

Right I just remembered that I bookmarked it and forgot about it here's the LINK. Idont have time to read through it as its late here, but from what I remember it was one of the better sites about Machrihanish related things, the website layout has changed so im not sure if all the info is still there.

Hope it might help you out.

[edit on 7-5-2006 by Oakley]

[edit on 7-5-2006 by Oakley]

posted on May, 9 2006 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I seriously doubt there is anything to see or look out for as the base is now also known as Campbeltown Airport and operates flights to Glasgow for Loganair.

join