It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electron space

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I just came accross something totally amazing, and shocking. Before I accept it, I need to ask you :

Is it true that empty space ( vacuum ) is actually made up of electrons with negative energy, and that if you give them energy they can become visible, and become normal particles, and that in the process a positron is also created ?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well, one would surmise then, that if it was made up of electrons, it is no longer empty space.
Where did you read this, how would they just discover this now?

If the vacuum of space is full of electrons, that would help support the electric universe theory now wouldn't it?
www.thunderbolts.info...

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The short answer: No, it isn't true.

For one, Electrons have positive energy, they have a negative charge.

Secondly, they exist in space, but empty space implied nothing, including electrons.
And electron is never visible, At best they can give off a few photons which is not enough to see with the human eye, and really hard to even detect short of a photodetector.

I'm not sure what you mean by "normal particles" since and electron is a normal particle.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by siddharthsma
I just came accross something totally amazing, and shocking. Before I accept it, I need to ask you :

Is it true that empty space ( vacuum ) is actually made up of electrons with negative energy,

What is 'negative energy'??? Do you mean a negative quantity of energy, or 'negatively charged' energy?

and that if you give them energy they can become visible, and become normal particles, and that in the process a positron is also created?

I've never heard that. What I have read about is that, when otherwise empty space is observed in great detail, it is found that there are a wide array of quasi-particles that pop into existence, out of the nothing, and pop back out of existence, back to nothing. This activity is called the 'quantum foam'. Its on a level smaller than electrons though.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
It would appear that the topic of this thread actually originated from one interpretation of the Dirac equation:

You can look it up on Wikipedia which has an excellent article on the subject. Basically, you should not assume that the negative energy electrons are real. In fact, one interpretation is that such anti-electrons are the positrons (which indeed exist).

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Yes, I got this from a book, and they said that Dirac was the one who came up with this.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Theories on space go from "A web of interconnected rings of space-time 1X10 to -43 power small" to "strings of space-time of the same size" to the idea that "space is empty except for electromagnetic flux and a few particles".

The idea the "space is filled with negative electrons" would be too obvious to deny, if it were true. There would be all kinds of evidence, that isn't there.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I understood that a volume in space time is occupied at electron particle level by incredibly excited electrons that are so excited that they photonise into a volume whith no particular particle location, hence volume, so there would be a very small mass but a volume, hence again no vacuum.

Suppose a perfect vacuum would be not of this universe?

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
What you might be thinking of is zero point " an idea that encompasses a sea of virtual photons or deenergized photons that would fill all of space with deenergized photons from prior solar activity. The reenergizing(by contact with energized photon) is what causes the virtual photon effect.

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Well, according to the heisenberg uncertainty principle, the product of the uncertainty on energy and time must be larger than a certain constant, hbar. This means that electron positron pairs can exist as long as they do so for a short enough time. The product of the time during which these pairs exist and the energy of these particles must be smaller than that constant. The same goes for other particle pairs (pairs because electrical neutrality and other constraints need to be maintained) like protons and anti protons. These electron positron pairs can in some cases materialize in strong fields like electrical fields near a proton or for example in strong gravity fields, like near a black hole. It is possible that the black hole's tidal forces give these particles enough energy to materialize, one particle could then be swallowed by the black hole while the other escapes. This is simplified the concept of Hawking radiation of black holes.

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

join