It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

holy bible channeled by holy spirit?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
i'm just curious, ever since my brother had become a christian we've been havng some very interesting discussions. one of them is about the validity of the bible. my personal belief is that as far as we know, the bible could have well been altered at anytime over the past 2000 years. whether that be through translation or by some translator who decides to change a few things to his/or possibly the church's advantage. i'm not saying that it ever was, all i'm saying is that i find it rather unlikely that it would stay the same/not be altered due to the control that it can have over it's believers. anywho, he said that such a thing is impossible as god would not let his message become corrupted, plus the suposed notion that the bible was channel perfectly through a person by the holy spirit. i've never heard of this before, so does anyone have any thoughts?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

( ps: also my uncle has a very weird story that our family went through that supposably proves the holy ghosts existance -> thus gods existance. you can find the story he wrote from his experiences here: click to view story )

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I don't think you can support the "channeling" theory. Remember, in those cultures, someone who "channeled" was considered demon-possessed.

Furthermore, there are 66 different books that make up the Bible and they were written at different times. The actual "Bible" wasn't compiled until 300 AD (thereabouts) and the people (bishops, Popes) who did the compiling ended up in some fierce religious fighting about it and excommunicated each other and declared each other heretics over various issues in it.

Even when the "final" version came out, there was still a lot of dispute about it.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i wasn't really trying to support it, i was merely curious. but thanks a lot for the info, well appreciated i must say.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   
You know on the comment of the chance that it has changed.... there is also the chance that some of it if not all was a masterful work of fiction with pieces of fact thrown in.
Much like many political thrillers are today.
Enough fact to make it appear plausible.
Just a thought.
If you are to accept the stories they tell, then it was not channeled.

top topics

join