It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If US Attacks Iran, Iran Attacks Israel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 01:22 AM
link   
In response to the Iraqi,

well, ...First, the fact that Iran is a source of terrorism put them on the map. When Iran openly talks of supporting known terrorist groups economically, the rest of the world knows they also support the terrorist groups tactically and with equiptment and weaponry. That does not bode well for Iran.

Second, Iran is in the process of creating Nuclear Energy without the watching Eye of the UN. Also, Iran has deceived the UN for a few decades about its nuclear program, this story isn't new! This also raises doubt and concern about Iran's intentions.

Third, the leadership of Iran. The President of Iran threatens, on a weekly basis to "wipe off the map" one of the U.S.' closest allies, Israel. The President of Iran is responsible in driving up the price of oil another big no, no for anyone outside Tehran.

If a country is without friends right now it would be Iran and North Korea, who are coming to their aid? Which countries do we see aligning themselves with Iran for an upcoming conflict, the answer is there are none with the exception of Syria.

Do you truly think only the US and Israel will attack Iran?

and finally, your best; "By the way any attack by Isreal or america will give justification for terrorists from the iranian area clearences for the next 1000 years to carry out attacks."

Like the Religious leaders aren't already teaching American Hate over there, the only chance we have to stop terrorism is to stop where you preach it. Americans understand the magnitude of such a war with Iran, it will be much more difficult of a war than Iraq was, Many more people will die, and we will not see a winner for many years after, we know that. And many of us believe that just such a war would be worth it now, to stop once and for all Iran- a terrorist-wielding menace, set on bringing down the West. We cannot let this power this Ignorance and hate determine what middle eastern politics are going to be like for the next hundred years. Not for our sake, not for the sake of the people of the middle east.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
In response to the Iraqi,

well, ...First, the fact that Iran is a source of terrorism put them on the map. When Iran openly talks of supporting known terrorist groups economically, the rest of the world knows they also support the terrorist groups tactically and with equiptment and weaponry. That does not bode well for Iran.

You're talking about Hamas there? HAHAHAHA Sorry but hamas was ELECTED and we can't say the same thing for Bush from the viewpoint of a LOT of people.

Second, Iran is in the process of creating Nuclear Energy without the watching Eye of the UN. Also, Iran has deceived the UN for a few decades about its nuclear program, this story isn't new! This also raises doubt and concern about Iran's intentions.

Iran don't have a nuclear program to build a nuke. Even if they do, this would takes years. Also, wouldn't be a lot easier to buy a couple on the black market? And with the imperialism of the US and Israël, sorry but they NEED nukes to not be invaded as Iraq.

Third, the leadership of Iran. The President of Iran threatens, on a weekly basis to "wipe off the map" one of the U.S.' closest allies, Israel. The President of Iran is responsible in driving up the price of oil another big no, no for anyone outside Tehran.

Read the real ``propaganda`` of the iranian president, he said that the governement of Israël, extremists zionists to be wiped off the map and he's totally true on this one as those zionists are racists and are killing the palestinians. (but this is another subject) For the price of oil, sorry but the price is rising because the western economy works like that, we just have to change it back to his original form when the price of oil/gold/silver were based on production vs demand.

If a country is without friends right now it would be Iran and North Korea, who are coming to their aid? Which countries do we see aligning themselves with Iran for an upcoming conflict, the answer is there are none with the exception of Syria.

Sorry but as seen earlier, if the US attacks, the pakistani, egyptian, saudi arabian and some others countries will see their government overthrown and there you should have allies for Iran.

Do you truly think only the US and Israel will attack Iran?

Maybe France but it depends when is the attack because their is presidential elections early 2007...

Like the Religious leaders aren't already teaching American Hate over there, the only chance we have to stop terrorism is to stop where you preach it. Americans understand the magnitude of such a war with Iran, it will be much more difficult of a war than Iraq was, Many more people will die, and we will not see a winner for many years after, we know that. And many of us believe that just such a war would be worth it now, to stop once and for all Iran- a terrorist-wielding menace, set on bringing down the West. We cannot let this power this Ignorance and hate determine what middle eastern politics are going to be like for the next hundred years. Not for our sake, not for the sake of the people of the middle east.

Also, don't forget the teaching of muslim hate in the medias to start the clash of the civilisations... Terrorists don't appear from hell, they were created from years of racism, slavery and atrocities by who? The foreign policies of US, Israël, and manipulated by some extremists religious leaders, and with this cocktail, you have terrorists.

[edit on 3-5-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Iran running at the mouth like this is no different than Iraq's Information Minister claiming that "there are no American's in Iraq" when you could practically hear the metallica blaring from the Abrams tanks just around the corner in downtown baghdad.

Let them rattle their sabres and talk the talk. When it comes time to walk the walk they will regret having pissed off the wrong people.

As far as Bush and his administration doing the right or wrong thing.....I think that this will fester for a while and it will be the next administrations REAL problem.

Nuclear power for energy is one thing. Once enriched weapons grade material is on the playing field it will change the game and then it will be time to act.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
"one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter"
Thats a fact. Iran sponsers groups that are anti Isreali and anti american, mainly because America is supporting anti iran groups in the region (i stupid attempt to topple the goverment). So naturally Iran will support so called terrorists.
The Iranian hostility towards the US is not new. Iranian history is full of american CIA interfrences from coups to supporting the shah.
America which is fighting al qaeda, sponsered and supplied arms to the group during their fight with the USSR.
Ahmadijans threats are in response to Bush's "all options are open", Ahmadijane is simply being more clear "not betting the bush"
And thanks Vitchilo hamas was "elected". So was the Iranian leader. there open hostility simply represents what 95% of what middle easterners think. Sory bout the truth.
And the people of the middle east do not and would not like "not for the sake of the people of the middle east.". thanks but no thanks. The american socity is not something worth aspiring to so leave nationalistic ideology out of this.

to sum up i do not personally want to see mushroom clouds over any country and simply wish peace would come to a region that has not seen peace since WW2

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Nationalistic Pride has nothing to do with it, This is a matter of International Security. You are correct what one man calls a terrorist another calls a freedom fighter.

However the facts are for any rational American, a terrorist is one willing to take his own life and the life of random innnocent victims in the name of a cause.

Have you heard any of any conspiracy theories out there saying that CIA agents are blowing themselves up to defend the U.S. No, of course not, we probably couldn't find anyone that stupid to do such a thing.

If the Iranian Government honestly think that their Military and Tactics of Terror will be enough to prevent the US and Israel from acting in response to their Nuclear Program they are ready for a Rude Awakening.

Iraqi, I know the Iranians are working on a nuke, but the U.S. already has thousands of them, do you understand how stupid that makes President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad look? Do you understand how weak and scared that makes him look?

Vitchilo, what country are you in and what country are you from?

[edit on 3-5-2006 by Low Orbit]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Low Orbit
I would like to point out that Ahmadijane has said things to say Iran can "wipe Isreal out". From a logical prespective, unless you already HAVE something you wouldnt go around yapping "wipe isreal of the map", I can understand why Isreal is and should be concerned but the way they talk, they are no better. Isreal has nukes and one would be a fool to deny this fact. Iran has something to "do the job", what that is i have no clue.
Iran would resort to terrorism but remember isreal itself bombed the british to force them out and it worked.
Although the US has nukes, it cannot and will not drop it in a region which contains half the world known crude oil supplys. If isreal were to attack, I belive Iran would do something unexpected and it has a right to do so. The CIA doesnt blow themselves up they get dumb mujhahdeen (al qaida) to do it. they did after all support the now terrorist organisation.

"Former Russian National Security Adviser Alexandr Lebed in 1997 alleged that up to 100 portable bombs that looked like suitcases were unaccounted for since the 1991 breakup of the Soviet Union. He said the devices have an explosive capacity of one kiloton — the equivalent of 1,000 tons of TNT — and could be activated by a single person, killing as many as 100,000 people." Do you know if Iran doesnt have one?, one kiloton would wipe isreal out and have little impact on the region.
www.foxnews.com... for the whole article.

Im begining to think that Iran has a nuke and is ready to use it to defend itself as Isreal and the United states would. Dont you agree they have the right to go to sleep without the thought that b52s are going to bombb them?
Even if a reactor is hit and destroyed the people of Iran will suffer not Ahmadijane.
Embargos are a really bad way to go about it.
As an Iraq the period that the united states and her allies imposed a imbargo forced us to lows people cannot imagine. Saddam was eating dears and living in palaces while the iraqi people were living on the mimimum amount of food. Whe?
Because Isreal and The US belived Saddam was developing WMDs

Irans gonna be no different. Can I ask you low orbit what nationality are you?
And of what faith. Feel free not to asnwer them.

ive got an article on the Isreally lobbyin the USA, Ill find it and post it asap.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Of course Iran have every right to posses nuclear power. They have a right to deny US orders because they are a country in their own rights.
The US cannot police the world like this and Iran is making a point.

All were affraid of is Israel and possibly France being nuked yeh?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Vitchilo and Iraqi-King props to your arguments for being fact filled and not resorting to name calling. These two guys have put up facts and actually have a clue as to what is going on in the world. I read someone else state that they knew for a fact the Iran had nukes " WOW that informantion would be usfull to the American Government I'm sure they would go ahead and start killing now. For all these gung ho war promoters I have a question to ask. Have you ever seen a person die (harsh question I know) But coming from someone who has had a person die in his arms I can tell you its no as fun as some of you think. Nuking anyone is not going to solve the problem. All it would do is kill lots of people destroy families and strengthen the hatred for the American Governments. What you guys do if someone wanted to forcefully change America? I know you'll say we are to strong and will crush anyone if they tried but what if? Would it bother you if bombs were going off here? If someone didn't agree with way things are and just invaded and started bombing?
Now I not pro Iran or aniti American I am PRO-HUMAN and I really don't think killing and bombing is going to make things better for anyone.

Peace no really peace

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Read the real ``propaganda`` of the iranian president, he said that the governement of Israël, extremists zionists to be wiped off the map and he's totally true on this one as those zionists are racists and are killing the palestinians.

Yep and the zionists will seek to destroy the God's Law abiding Jews after they setup the NWO. Only a matter of time now. Anybody had a look at Pike's WWIII plans lately?

They seem to be getting this thing perfectly preheated for the 'big date'.

From the bits and pieces of the 'big picture' I'm seeing, it seems as though Iran's President isn't very far in the wrong. The "If you hit me, I'll hit Israel." crap appears a little fishy though (as in makes him look like a 'hired hand').

When the soap opera is all over it still may be seen that Iran's bunch is on the zionist payroll, bribery or whatever.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Thankyou spindropsmile for bringing up the human cost of war. Living in a fabulus western society with all its greatness makes people forget the suffering that goes on in the modern battlefield. Suppose the US drops its nukes and stands back. lets assume Irans military is given such a blow that it wont know what happened. This could happen mind you, but the human tradegy involved would send anti american/isreali hatred to hell high levels.
So far there is no "smoking gun" so the united states and isreals choice to refer Iran to the security council can and will definity produce an outcome. If war is decleared i doubt the US will invade.
Iraq had a two million man strong army that faced Iran when it has just formed ( Iran revolution 1979, Iraq invades 1980) and yet the Iranians managed to force the Iraqi army back to bagdad and held on for 8 years. Mind you Iraq was given funds weapons and loans by the US directly along with intelligence on the Iranian army, I know this for a fact im iraqi

Iran is worried the US wil do another hiroshima on tehran, so its agressive stance is simply a reaction "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"

n.b. The united states is the only country in the world that had used a nuclear device against another nation with effects that will last generations.

well indeed peace.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Anyone know what kind of army Iran got? I hear its pretty combat effective compare to Iraq ol' dads army. What about air force, can the defend themselves againts air strikes?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Excellent question.
Iran is buying Tor m1 anti aircraft, crusie missile, and fighter jet.
They will be operational by septermber this year, and any US/Isreal strikes are predicted to be before september.
The Iranian army from what most Iraqis know from first hand experence are a effective ideologyical based army.
When Iraq laid mines the Iranians were prepared to dive on them in order for there mechainsed divsions roll unhindered. They have a homegaurd unit called Basji witch is composed of volunter youths that are also called shck troops. The Basji are Iranians greatest assest numbering 11 million volunters.

Some links
1. Tor M1. One of the best (in my opinion) www.defense-update.com...

2. general overview of the army, weapons etc www.globalsecurity.org...

3. A video of the army n.b. The motorbikes

video.google.com...

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling
It's obvious that the leaders of Iran have more mouth than they have brains.

Iran is going to mess right around and and bite off more than they can chew.

Israel has clearly shown more restraint than any other nation the world has ever seen, which it would be wrong to attack another nation becuse they've got a big mouth, even though Iran deserves it.

Iran and other Middle Eastern nations are fooled by Israels size so they think they can just run off at the mouth and provoke Israel into a confrontation.

Explosives tend to come in small packages and let us pray that Israel never has to unleash her power in the region. The stench of rotting Muslims will be carried over to the Western Hemisphere and we don't want that.

[edit on 2/5/06 by Intelearthling]

So a big mouth means you "DESERVE" to be attacked? THINK before you SPEAK!

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Apoc
Something just seems odd. Why is Iran so "talkative"? I mean if there was real fear of a war with US they would not be spewing forth all this rubbish and bluster. Wouldn't they be playing it close to the vest? Look mad what ramblings got Hussein in Gulf War 1. His supposed holy warrior "republican guard" came crawling out of their mud holes kissing the hands coallition soldiers without a fight. The fact is Iran is not a happy country. It's people are not happy and they are not all that wealthy. Part of me wonders if all this hot air is just to raise the global crude oil futures price which directly helps Iran's economy.

That being said, it would be NO CONTEST if Iran and the US got into it. Geez don't you people know what the US spends on the military? Do you know that you don't even know HALF the destructive technology at it's disposal?
The US "may" appear a bit unmighty as a few soldiers die to IEDs every month. But that is a whole lot different than vaporizing targets.

American is "trying to war nice" with Iraq. We are not fighting the country. We are trying to stabilize a situation to get out without the appearance of retreat. We could turn the whole country to glass overnight if we wanted to but that is not the goal.

In terms of other countries, no one would do ANYTHING. Why? Russia wants no part of the US and China wouldn't get into it with the one customer that keeps the country's economy rolling. The American Consumer is the best ally China has. They would not risk losing that.

You know NOTHING about politics, and NOTHING about war! Read enough and you will find out what happened to all 350 000 Iraqis who have died in the latest war for oil!

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:57 AM
link   
How's Iran going to attack Israel with the US having destroyed its military capabilities, like with Iraq? I mean, do they actually think that Israel is going to be intimidated by the threat of terror attacks and suicide bombings from Iran? Iran already sponsors terror attacks against Israel, what difference is this going to make?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I think it's a matter of pride now,Iran sees what happened to it's neighbor,I also think Iran has an ace up it's sleeve,I'm wondering if a strike could set off all of Isreal's nuclear arsenal,no telling how many they have,could get real nasty

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Low Orbit
Nationalistic Pride has nothing to do with it, This is a matter of International Security. You are correct what one man calls a terrorist another calls a freedom fighter.

However the facts are for any rational American, a terrorist is one willing to take his own life and the life of random innnocent victims in the name of a cause.

Have you heard any of any conspiracy theories out there saying that CIA agents are blowing themselves up to defend the U.S. No, of course not, we probably couldn't find anyone that stupid to do such a thing.

If the Iranian Government honestly think that their Military and Tactics of Terror will be enough to prevent the US and Israel from acting in response to their Nuclear Program they are ready for a Rude Awakening.

Iraqi, I know the Iranians are working on a nuke, but the U.S. already has thousands of them, do you understand how stupid that makes President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad look? Do you understand how weak and scared that makes him look?

Vitchilo, what country are you in and what country are you from?

You KNOW the Iranians are working on a nuke? HOW GULLIBLE ARE YOU?

I say GET RID OF AMERICA, and we will have out international security!!

Of course they brainwash/drug their agents before making them blow themselves up, but mostly it is not done in this way.
The U.S.A. even drug their soldiers to prevent them from deserting in FEAR.

Here we go with the accusations again! Name ONE act of terror that has been done by the state of Iran and the Iranian government, in the name of Iran!
Now mention FIVE that have NOT been committed by the USA or its allies!

Why are you picking on Vitchilo? You didn't have anything better to say? Did his words make you choke on your pigburger??

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Nygdan i think your severely underestimating the power of Iran. I would rather expect the full effect, maximum they can use against us, and destroy them completely then go in thinkin "this will be nothing" and get decimated. Im sure when we listed to the CIA during the Bay Of Pigs they said it would be nothing. Unfortunately cuba had gotten alot of weapons from Russia and was prepared. Iran is not Iraq and you know this, so why compare the two? There is a good difference between open war against israel and little terrorist plots.

If an attack starts coming, anything and everything is getting thrown at Israel and some of it is certainly going to hit. They are going to take some serious damage is Iran just does a desperation attack.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
Im sure when we listed to the CIA during the Bay Of Pigs they said it would be nothing.

The people that invaded the Bay of Pigs were cuban ex-patriots. Not the US Army and Marines.

Iran is not Iraq and you know this, so why compare the two?

Because they will both fall about as quickly. The US Military was designed to take on a global war with the Soviet Union. China, Russia, perhaps Germany and some other european countries would be able to put up a fight, China and Russia definitly. But Iran? Its made advances since the Iran-Iraq war, definitly. It might even have been able to wipe the floor with anyone in the middle east. But not the US. The US is the world's only super-power. Iran's conventional military will be utterly destroyed on a timescale of days. They'll allways have the ability to equip suicide bombers and insurgents, definitly. On the other hand, they will have less of an ability than now to fund insurgents in Iraq and bombers in the levant. So its a trade off.

The US didn't even use a particularly large army to conquer all of Iraq in a matter of days. The US military was only slowed down by gigantic dust storms, and even then, they were still able to operate and engage the enemy, they just got slowed down some. Iran has made arithmetic strides, but the US is several orders of magnitude more powerful.

There is a good difference between open war against israel and little terrorist plots.

Indeed. And Iran is not going to be able to send squadrons of armour and bombers into Israel once the US invades Iran. Heck, they probably won't even be able to do it now.

If an attack starts coming, anything and everything is getting thrown at Israel and some of it is certainly going to hit.

Indeed, the yehudis will have explosions in their cities.

They are going to take some serious damage is Iran just does a desperation attack.

Iran will be able to launch its long range missiles against Israel, and probably any european nations that support the war (up to italy appparently). Some of those will be intercepted by Patriot batteries, others will make it through and kill civies. Yes. Beyond that? Not much the Iranians can do. Even the security wall will stop those "40 K Bombers", which have to literally walk to their targets. Heck, during such a war, the yehudis might just shut down the border entirely.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpinDropSmile
Vitchilo and Iraqi-King props to your arguments for being fact filled and not resorting to name calling. These two guys have put up facts and actually have a clue as to what is going on in the world. I read someone else state that they knew for a fact the Iran had nukes " WOW that informantion would be usfull to the American Government I'm sure they would go ahead and start killing now. For all these gung ho war promoters I have a question to ask. Have you ever seen a person die (harsh question I know) But coming from someone who has had a person die in his arms I can tell you its no as fun as some of you think. Nuking anyone is not going to solve the problem. All it would do is kill lots of people destroy families and strengthen the hatred for the American Governments. What you guys do if someone wanted to forcefully change America? I know you'll say we are to strong and will crush anyone if they tried but what if? Would it bother you if bombs were going off here? If someone didn't agree with way things are and just invaded and started bombing?
Now I not pro Iran or aniti American I am PRO-HUMAN and I really don't think killing and bombing is going to make things better for anyone.

Peace no really peace

Can you back up your claim that there are many true facts in here with news sources and links? How do you know what is true.

"The CIA doesnt blow themselves up they get dumb mujhahdeen (al qaida) to do it. they did after all support the now terrorist organisation. "

Your logic goes in circles, a terrorist is one man's freedom fighter, Iran needs terrorists to protect itself, then the CIA buy the terrorists. Who is it, prove it!

How do you know what you know, where are the links to what you know.

If you are Iraqi do you remember how long it took the US to overthrow Baghdad once we attacked. I believe it was three weeks. If Iran does not back off it will make the Baghdad invasion look like child's play.

Who cares if Iran has a Nuke we have ten thousand off them! If you think Iran can defend itself from an American invasion history will prove you wrong.

If Iran does choose to attack any country with a Nuke(either offensively or defensively) the country of Iran will not exist the following day, that's a promise!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join