It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If US Attacks Iran, Iran Attacks Israel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Today Iran officially announced that if the "evil" united states were to attack Iran "wherever" it may be, they will attack Israel. Before this it could only be speculation to exactly what kind of attack they would use, and who they would strike. Now it has been official, Israel is there first target if the US acts upon them. Iran also said that it has enriched uranium close to the maxium compatible with civilian use in power stations.

today.reut ers.co.uk
TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran threatened on Tuesday to attack Israel in response to any "evil" act by the United States and said it had enriched uranium to a level close to the maximum compatible with civilian use in power stations.

"Enrichment above 5 percent is not on Iran's agenda," Aghazadeh told the students' ISNA news agency.
Iran has previously said it had enriched to more than 4 percent, far below the 80 percent level needed for bomb-making.

"We have announced that wherever America does something evil, the first place that we target will be Israel," ISNA quoted a senior Revolutionary Guards commander, Rear Admiral Mohammad-Ebrahim Dehqani, as saying on Tuesday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Well its pretty obvious who they want to destroy. To them I think they feel the US and Israel is one in the same. This is getting pretty bad though. I see no one backing down and it looks like its definately going to escalate.

Related News Links:
www.bloomberg.com

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
here is AOP's take on it from FOX,

www.foxnews.com...

This situation is deteriorating quick, this is may get REAL UGLY!

link   
here is AP's take on it from FOX,

www.foxnews.com...

link   
here is AP's take on it from FOX,

www.foxnews.com...

(whoops, sorry about the reposts)

[edit on 2-5-2006 by Low Orbit]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm not sure if Iran has sufficient capability yet to carry out this task if it means hitting Israel with nukes.

I think this is just more propaganda and wishful thinking on behalf of the Iranian Government.

But i suppose i could be wrong. I hope not though...............

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Iran could probably cause a good deal of trouble for Israel via some proxy.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   

To them I think they feel the US and Israel is one in the same.

Probably due to the fact that whenever Israel flexes its military might, every weapon they have is marked MADE IN THE USA.

To me, this is not news, that Iran will attack Israel if Iran is attacked by the Americans.

I mean, it’s Israel who is pushing to invade Iran. It’s Israel who benefits, and its Israel who Bush says “must be protected”. Israel is the only country in the area that has anything to worry about from Iran (who DOESN’T have a nuke).

So while your soldiers are fighting and dying for Israel, I don’t see any difference if the Iranians shell the Israeli military. Both armies pretty much get their paycheques from the same people.

Of course, if they shell Israeli civilians, that would be bad, but again, I don’t see much of a difference. To Iran, if they can’t kill an American, they probably believe that an Israeli will do just fine as a substitute.

I mean, have you not come to expect it? Your country funds every military exercise Israel has. You arm and arm and arm them (they now have a more powerful Air Force than any NATO country except the US).

You got into this to protect Israel, now you may have to. How is that news? Just be ready to spill lots of American blood trying to protect the Holy Land.

Oh, and save some money for reconstruction, because I’m sure they’ll be hitting you up for cash once the dust settles.

df1

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The iranian position is likely based on the fact that the U.S. has no complaint with israel having nuclear weapons and other WMDs, while it objects to israels neighbors having those same weapons. The iranians have also observed U.S. actions in iraq and they feel that having such weapons is a deterent to having their country invaded by western forces. The only honest thing bush has ever said concerning U.S. military action in the ME is when he characterized those actions as being "a crusade". The iranians are justified in being afraid and the actions they are taking to defend themselves are reasonable actions.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
i just found it to be new because now they made it official. they said they are definately going to attack them for a US action.

iran could definately attack, doesnt need nukes. just bombard it with conventional weapons and say hello to a nuclear war because israel WILL nuke them. Israel will throw nuclear weapons at every enemy it has because when it gets leveled with conventional weapons all its enemies will come swarming in to take israel back as "muslim" land. thats why this is so threatening.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
War will not be pretty for either the Americans or the Iranians, but isn't this a huge miscalculation being made by the Iranian Leadership.

What do they hope to accomplish by war, seriously?

Does Iran expect to have the support of China and Russia with them throughout a war, other than that I foresee no way, the Iranians could come close to coming out of a war with the US without being badly bruised.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Spoke to a Royal Airforce pilot few days ago about all this, what he told me didn't surprise me at all, When it comes to a possible IRAN strike, people honest believe or are hoping Iran's going to sit and take it and do nothing back, The people who are making these decision have to put them selfs in Iran's leadership position, Once the first wave of planes/cruise missiles shows up on radar, As far as Iran's concern its the end of them, So they may aswell strike back with everything they have, I'm sure thats been planned for ever since march 2003 if not before, People who know nothing about planing and tactics don't understand what we face when even planing a airstrike on IRAN, consider this 1 fact. We have to hit around 2000 targets we know off, more will present themselfs while the operations on going, IRAN only has to hit 1 target, Dinoma reactor, even with unguided rockets, missiles if they threw everything they had it at, they are sure to hit it, Israels finished, every discussion we have had about any operation in regards to Iran, not classified briefings mind you, the outcome was the same, Israel would be hit before we could take down all the targets, The most optimistic time frame was 48hours to neutralise them all.

If one considers what the Nuclear power station in russia did too the surrounding area, consider that isreals reactor is for weapons production its 20~30 times more potent radiation.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I actually don’t think Iran wants a war. I think they know they’d lose.

But they know something. They know somehow that for some reason the USA can’t invade them unilaterally after the Iraq fiasco. Betcha Russia has something to do with it.

But I do honestly believe that this is just Iran having fun telling the West to eff off… Looking at history, no countries have ever really gotten away with telling the US where to go (except maybe Castro).

The Iranian president is a hero to a lot of people who have never seen anyone in their government actually stand up to the biggest bully on the street.

And realize also that Iran’s history is full of American interventions. CIA engineered coups, propping up of dictators, etc.

This is all due to the fact that I think Iran realizes that at this moment in history, the United States of America is seen by a lot of the world as the biggest threat to world peace.

They’re seizing that moment, when a lot of the planet is polarized against your idiot president, and they’re trying to push for what they want.

And bear in mind that Iran is NOT saying they have a nuclear WEAPON, nor are they claiming that they are building one.

I think a lot of this is corporate media frenzy, nothing more.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
China and Russia will most likely not engage in active war fighting, they may covertly supply weapons (for a price of course)

Syria will join the battle and probaly will act as staging and support area for Iranian attack.

But IF Israel retaliates with WMDs it will change the playng field in Middle-east:
1)US friendly goverments (Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Egypt, UAE...) will most likely crumbe if they don't turn against US (and act to support iran)
2)Pakistan will be the key since it holds the only true WMD capacity in Muslim world
3)Central Asia will most likely fall on Islamist hands causing severe unrest in southern Russia forcing Russians to take action too (and possibly to negotiate some sort of alliance with US)

What are Irans options to retaliate?
1)Terrorist attacks and most likely they will target europe, since the large Muslim population in europe will be angry
2)military action against US, (changes vary depending what Muslim countries support them)

What will happen if Europe is attacked...
Most likely EÙ will act with military force..

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:30 PM
link   
One of, if not the most disturbing thing about this situation is that you have leaders of countries that have access to nuclear weaponry and the belief that "god" is on their side. That "he" will take care of them. I guess if it takes a little radiation to destroy this concept maybe it isn't all bad.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
So the summary is if US start the war, then Iranian continues it and Israël retaliate and then it's WW3. So don't let Bush get away with it!!!

I ask every american that don't want WW3 and millions of people killed to stop the president by any means to do that. I heard about militias taking over the white house if the decision of nuking iran was took.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
There is absolutely no doubt that Iran will attack Isreal in the future. It's been prophesied in Ezekiel chapters 38 & 39. Ancient Persia is modern day Iran.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Vit lets be realistic, cheney wolfowitz rumsfeld rice...they are in control, not little bush. the whole administration has to go if you want to stop war, but then the new guys will probably end up starting war, because corporations own government and everything else. not much we can do now unless we have a leader(not a politican but a leader) that will lead the american people, rather then businesses.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I say if it is inevitable then... GET ON WITH IT!!!! Please stop this damn teasing and pop that proverbial cherry. I really don't want to see nations resort to their nuclear arsenals(this mainly directed at Isreal), but mankind as a whole just doesn't listen very well.

As for the, "Well, it's right there in the bible..." hoo-ha, I wonder how many times in the past that people have claimed that this is the end?

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Heres a bit of a twist. What if some third party nut decided to fake an American attack on Iran so Iran will attack Israel?

[edit on 2-5-2006 by deadboi]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I agree with Jakomo, Iran is not looking for a war and their only way to protect themselves is with warns about attacking Israel.

Iran would attempt to attack Israel but Israel will retaliate and they may do so with all their might and US help too.

Iran can not afford a war due to the fact that they are just now starting to take a taste of what economic grow may do their nation.

A war would destroy their country that is not doubt about it and they know that.

This new attempt to instill fear because of Israel is just pathetic and one last hope to stop US from taking away their nuclear facilities.

And if any body here thinks that US attacking Iran's nuclear sites will made Syria or china and Russia get involve well . . . they will do nothing about it.

But I imagine that they will support with weapons so Iran can retaliate in Iraq against the US.

China, Russia they are now business nations that are all for the money, more profitable that a war right now will do to their economies.

[edit on 2-5-2006 by marg6043]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join