It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colbert report at the president's annual press diner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 06:55 AM
link   
i can't believe this hasn't been brought up here, it's absolutly hilarious and need some attention.

Comedy central's Stephen Colbert did a speech at the annual presidential press dinner, and boy does he have guts. You have to see it for yourself, it's absolutly hilarious what he does. He basicly tells the truth in a sarcastic way, all while standing 2 feet away from the president.

Video here:
Mirror 1

video on youtube (in 3 parts)

part1
www.youtube.com...

part2
www.youtube.com...

part3
www.youtube.com...

Stephen Colbert Rulez !

Edit: removed dead mirror 2

[edit on 2-5-2006 by XyZeR]

[edit on 2-5-2006 by XyZeR]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
It actually is on some other threads around here. But yeah it's hilarious. Stephen Colbert has balls. Bush didn't look too happy though lol; he probably went home and :w: to make himself feel better.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
There's an article around about how the MSM are pretty much ignoring this, but I don't have it available right now.

This one was funny:

Addressing the reporters, he said, "Let's review the rules. Here's how it works. The president makes decisions, he's the decider. The press secretary announces those decisions, and you people of the press type those decisions down. Make, announce, type. Put them through a spell check and go home. Get to know your family again. Make love to your wife. Write that novel you got kicking around in your head. You know, the one about the intrepid Washington reporter with the courage to stand up to the administration. You know -- fiction."

He claimed that the Secret Service name for Bush's new press secretary is "Snow Job."

As Colbert walked from the podium, when it was over, the president and first lady gave him quick nods, unsmiling. The president shook his hand and tapped his elbow, and left immediately.

Those seated near Bush told E&P's Joe Strupp, who was elsewhere in the room, that Bush had quickly turned from an amused guest to an obviously offended target as Colbert's comments brought up his low approval ratings and problems in Iraq.

After the gathering, Snow, while nursing a Heineken outside the Chicago Tribune reception, declined to comment on Colbert. "I'm not doing entertainment reviews," he said. "I thought the president was great, though."

source

"Snow Job"? We've been saying it too... think it's stuck now.

On Colbert:

"If you don't want to get a new one ripped, then don't invite Stephen Colbert to your dinner to talk about you and your cronies. Anyone whose 'hamster' is still turning the 'brain wheel' knows this.....which explains why Bush invited him. His 'hamster' gave up years ago, and rode out on the last snort of coc aine."

"Better Know a District" is an occasional feature on his show.
It reminds me of "Let's Take a Trip", on Saturday mornings on TV back in the Fifties. Instead of say, watching a converyor belt, we learn where a district is, what it produces, and the Congressional representative is interviewed. Instead of say, riding a bike in Bermuda shorts, the Rep. is disarmed. Colbert throws the Representative off to such an extent that ...I have found each more Representative more human and likeable! It is better to see them react than to simply see them "on point". Colbert acts like such a lunatic egotist that the peple he interviews seem stunned into authenticity. That happens to me as well as I consider the unlikely truth that he is the twelfth of fourteen children, if I have my facts and the birth order straight."

Stun them into authenticity, eh? Go Stephen!

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR
i can't believe this hasn't been brought up here,

It has.

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

And yes, it's spectacular!
Stephen Colbert!

top topics

join