It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the crazies come out on 6/6/06?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I caught a article linked through the Drudge Report about Colorado authorities keeping an eye out for trouble on this date. I really hadn't thought about it till I saw this, but don't a lot of folks think this is the year all hell is gonna break loose? What do you guys/gals think? Things are pretty turbulent in the Middle East right now, are we getting close to the end?

edit for horrible spelling, did I get it all?

[edit on 5/2/2006 by yadboy]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 07:26 AM
link   
I don't think anything will happen really. It'll be just another day like any other day. Sure there might be a few religous groups here and there crying and screaming about armegeddon is coming soon and the end is nigh and all that gibberish BS, but hell ... they been doing that for 2000 years now and we're still here

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
They are already out. They are out all the time.
All you have to do is look around ....
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I think some people would LIKE something to happen that day.

666 is a reference everybody knows, but few people actually know the details about it, leading to misconception and ignorance.

IMO the reference and the Book of Revelation in general is taken WAY out of context. As an allegorical text, I think people take it too literally.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
6/6/6 -- my bet is - its gonna be another day in paradise.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
"Crazies" come out all the time no matter what. Perhaps if the 6/6/6 is close to a full Moon? I don't think so because it was not yet half full last night.

Of course, that begs the question whether or not "Crazies" have good math abilities in order to recognize the most favorable time to put in an appearance...

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well the remake of "The Omen" comes out that day so it can't be all bad! I sure do likes me some scary movies. But of course a well edited trailer can make anything look good, even the god-awful "The Musketeer".
Yuck, at least the trailers small!

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

edit for horrible spelling, did I get it all?

[edit on 5/2/2006 by yadboy]

Looks good, nice job.

I'll be out that night, does that count?

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
There's a sign campaign on billboards talking about it, bu tI think they are reallyfor the release of:

a) A new movie.

b) the latest 'Underworld' movie Kate Bekinsale (sp) HOTTIE!

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarLord
"Crazies" come out all the time no matter what. Perhaps if the 6/6/6 is close to a full Moon? I don't think so because it was not yet half full last night.

Full moon on the 11th the 6th will be First Quarter for month of June

For an ominous event like this you absolutely gotta have full. I think its a false alarm.

[edit on 2-5-2006 by ThePieMaN]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   
beat me to it FlyersFan, the only other thing i can think of is the amount of heavy metal bands that will want to release an album or tour that day. There will be no shortage of antichrists strutting there stuff on stages all over the world.

Cheers
M4S

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Nah, I am pretty sure that this date will sorta be like 2000. Sure some people will flip out and there will be that ominous thing in the air....but nothing major you might see/hear a few more priests out on that day preaching. Besides 6/6/06 is just our date. Other calendars doesn't recognize this to be the date of that day. Also why would God or whomever/whatever would act on this date would choose something by an human reference?Just some thoughts.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Why, because of a number? The number referrenced, 666, for the 38gazillionth time at this site - is the number of the name of a man - not a date, not a phone number, not a movie, not a band, but of a man.

If one is going to take eveything of that Bible out of context (6/6/06 being an evil day), then ya need to take a whole lot of things out of life, as they are all evil as well. Such as, a file on your PC that is 666kb in size, get rid of it, it's evil (go look, I have no doubt there are several on EVERY computer, it's a matter of logistics); Page 666 of EVERY book ever made must be discarded; Money must go from $6.65 to $6.67, boy will that screw up accountants; and be sure to burn that $666 income tax refund, as it will surely send you to hell if you cash it; Revelations chapter 6 must be discarded as well, as it is the 6th chapter of the 66 books, as well as Joshau 6:6, as it is the 6th verse of the 6th chapter of the 6th book, along with countless other variations of the number - hey, if you can make 6/6/2006 as 666, I can as well with the books from which this fear was all spawned from; etc etc etc.

It's a date, that's all.

NN

[edit on 2-5-2006 by NoNik]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
NoNik, nice logical reasoning, and you're probably 100% accurate.
But that takes all of the fun out of it.....

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The crazies would be 5 months too late!!

616 is the number of the beast

www.religionnewsblog.com...

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Strangerous

The crazies would be 5 months too late!!

616 is the number of the beast

www.religionnewsblog.com...

Actually that would be June 1st, 2006. Five month too late would be Jan. 6th, 2006. But I see what you mean...

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Actually no. 6/1/06 is 6th January.

Not our fault if you crazy colonials can't use a calendar correctly

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'll be out with the beerguy raisin hell. Any excuse to party with the high strangeness folks is OK with me.

Our big 666 party is already in the planning stages down at our local beerjoint.

$6.66 cover, $6.66 drinks we call the Destruction, in the big glass. Party favors for the ladies; t-shirts if you join in the wet t-shirt competition, cool 666 logo. The band playin "The End" by the Doors, or "It's Over" by Roy Orbison. You know, all the regular stuff but with an End of the World theme. In fact every bar in town is having the same kind of celebration.

You should have been there for the Y2K party. Whoa! If the 666 shindig is anything like y2k. It will be over, for me.

[edit on 3-5-2006 by whaaa]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
My birthday is 2 days after the 6th.. hopefully the world doesnt end

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Tell it to NASA....I bet they never fly a mission 13 on the 13th day, ever ever ever again...

There's a reason most hotels don't have a 13th floor....

There seems to be SOMETHING to certain numbers...

Still, the only thing likely to happen after 6/6/06....is 6/7/06.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join