It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once Human to Human Occurs 2 Months to Hit US??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
A new Government Draft of a Pandemic Flu Plan contains information, suggestions for dealing with it and possible outcomes. I found this the most disturbing point, I guess because it just hasn't been stated this way.

my.earthlink.net.../4456d940_3421_1334520060502-789982458

With no border restrictions, pandemic influenza would arrive in the United States within two months of an outbreak abroad, the document estimates. But models of influenza's spread suggest that sealing the U.S. border would not only be impractical - 1.1 million people cross the nation's 317 official ports of entry daily - but it would only delay the inevitable by a few weeks, it says.

The entire article is worth a quick read. It has some interesting precautions I haven't seen mentioned before.

[edit on 5/2/2006 by Relentless]

[edit on 5/6/2006 by Relentless]

[edit on 5/6/2006 by Relentless]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I really dont think this bird flue pandemic thing will happon.I mean it might and it is good idea to have a plan and way to protect people....but i dont think it will.Im watching a thing on the news right now about the u.s planing for outbreaks.

Its intresting i think.Anyone notice how this was talked about when SARS was popular....well this is little diffront i suppose more worse but i mean its onley happond on other side of world and nothing to bad hell its not even tranmitabule from person to person onley animal to person SARS was more of a thret....
who knows wut will happon tho maybe this is good idea all this talk and concern but i think it will not happon.

I think that if it did happon it would be a good thing (dont get mad at me for that i have reasions) most people tend to dissagree with this and i expect someone to eather get mad or in my face about it but think about it....if it did happon....if it turns out to be the pandemic people say it can...if millions are infected and maybe even millions die...the world has a chance to lern from this....people will be all broken up govermints will turn there attion from war and oil to controlling there people and saveing them and insureing the world servives.

Every major event that has happon people have come togeather and lerned and changed from it (ww1.ww2.plages,natural disasters,ect) sure millions may die even me but if it gives the world a kick in the butt and makes people focus on eachother rather then greed and oil then its worth a few million lives in my opinion

Sry for bad spelling!

new topics

join