It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemason Counsil - Admission of Mason Rule In U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
What a disturbing revelation. A Grand Master, Tim Cummings, says basically,

"..36 of the 50 signers of the Declaration of Independence, all of the generals in Washington's Army, and everyone who partipated in revolutionary war were basically Freemasons, and if you look at how the foundation of the country was put together, it's on masonic principles. I think it's certainly an interesting debate, but probably not appropriate in this public forum, but I would certainly encourage people who have different viewpoints to study the freemasonry organization a little closer."

That's a pretty bold statement. A Grand Master wouldn't lie about something like that, would he? I don't think so.

You can watch him say it right here:

Freemason Council

So why aren't these "Freemasonic Principles" taught in schools?

I think I know why, but I'd rather not say.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by eudaimonia

"..36 of the 50 signers of the Declaration of Independence, all of the generals in Washington's Army, and everyone who partipated in revolutionary war were basically Freemasons, and if you look at how the foundation of the country was put together, it's on masonic principles. I think it's certainly an interesting debate, but probably not appropriate in this public forum, but I would certainly encourage people who have different viewpoints to study the freemasonry organization a little closer."

That's a pretty bold statement. A Grand Master wouldn't lie about something like that, would he? I don't think so.

Well, I don't think I'd call it a lie, but some of it's certainly an exaggeration. Many Revolutionary War generals, including Washington, were Masons, but not all of them. Same thing with the statement about "everyone who participated". Obviously, there were some participants who were not Masons.

But Masonry was an important factor. Tent Lodges were held in the fields. Washington initiated Lafayette in one of these. A battle drum draped in the American flag served as the altar.

It's also true that the principles the nation was founded upon were Masonic. Representative government, freedom of religion, freedom of speech and conscience, etc., are all taught in Masonic Lodges, and these ideals were practiced in the Lodge long before they made their way into secular society as the law of the land. Furthermore, the Constitution of the United States is loosely based on Benjamin Franklin's earlier publication, "The Constitutions of the Free Masons".

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

*SNIP*

You might want to listen to your source again... He states he is a Past Master of his Lodge... Not a Grand Master of a state. Big difference, and at the same time irrelevant. no one man speaks for Freemasonry, nor does the less than accurate public declarations of any Freemason regardless of station equate to historical fact or fiction.

Try again.

[edit on 2/5/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
No one man speaks for Freemasonry, nor does the less than accurate public declarations of any Freemason regardless of station equate to historical fact or fiction.

Try again.

I might disagree to a point. Someone with Master Cummings' *snicker* knowledge and experience deserves to have his points heard. Being that he has more experience with the subject than many, I think that his information should be added to the list of evidence. I agree that just because he is a Master Mason doesn't mean he knows all, but he definately knows more than many of us.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I might disagree to a point. Someone with Master Cummings' *snicker* knowledge and experience deserves to have his points heard. Being that he has more experience with the subject than many, I think that his information should be added to the list of evidence.

I agree that everyone should be accorded the respect of having their points heard. No question. But discussion points and opinions are not the same as facts. As a Past Master under the English Constitution I have many opinions about freemasonry, and indeed many that are not about freemasonry either.*

But the number of US Presidents is a matter of public record, and falls into the category of factual information. Lets not get the two confused.

I agree that just because he is a Master Mason doesn't mean he knows all, but he definately knows more than many of us.

He's a Past Master - there's a difference in experience. And whether someone is an Entered Apprentice or a Grand Master is not necessarily a sure guide to the value of their contribution. Although to be fair, from a masonic perspective, it's a pointer

(* And indeed some that are neither about freemasonry nor not about freemasonry, but that is a different matter entirely and quite outside the scope of this thread
)

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I've never in the public life heard about Masonry and for the longest time I never knew so many rich and powerful people of the world(most presidents included) were among these secret societies.

I probably saw that simpsons espidoe a hundred times before catching on.

In my opinion secret societies are killing this planet. I used to laugh at conspiracy theories but the existence of masonry and the participation of many politicians past and present kind of puts it in perspective that people really do conspire to take power and hold on to that power.

All it is is greed. Is it really so hard for some people to believe that certain powerful and influential people want this world to become more like 1984? Anyone who heeds H.G. Wells warning has no excuse except hiding their heads in the sand. We have been warned and on numourous occasions.

Even when you turn on fox or cnn and they call for surrendering freedom for security. There is just no running from it anymore that we're heading for 1984 and it's not going to be pleasent.

[edit on 2-5-2006 by Crazy_Mr_Crowley]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crazy_Mr_Crowley
I've never in the public life heard about Masonry and for the longest time I never knew so many rich and powerful people of the world(most presidents included) were among these secret societies.

Fifteen US Presidents were Masons. That isn't "most". It isn't even half.

I used to laugh at conspiracy theories but the existence of masonry and the participation of many politicians past and present kind of puts it in perspective that people really do conspire to take power and hold on to that power.

But isn't it obvious that the facts would refute that claim? I mean, let's think about it. When the Revolutionary War ended, a group of Masons ended up with a LOT of power, and COULD have done practically anything they wanted. So what did they do? They issued a constitution granting all political power directly to the people. Same thing in other cases where Masons have achieved political power (Garibaldi, Bolivar, etc.).

Now, doesn't it stand to reason that if Masons wanted to do what you guys claim we do, we could have done it a long time ago? Don't the facts show we didn't, so we obviously don't care anything about ruling the world?

Isn't it also obvious that those who have declared us to be their enemy have always done the opposite. All the conspiracy theorists who have ever achieved power, bar none, have been tyrants. Hitler, Mussolini, the Church Inquisition, Pol Pot, Stalin, etc., etc., all used conspiracy theory and anti-Masonry.

History is very clear on all of these points. Liberty has always followed Masonry, and despotism has always followed Masonry's foes.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 03:48 PM
link   

A Grand Master wouldn't lie about something like that, would he?

Sure he would, he's a person right? People lie all the time.

I'd beleive that 36 of the 50 signers were masons, and that lots of washington's generals were masons, but to say that 'pretty much everyone who fought in the war' was a mason is absurd. There have been lots of studies of masonic membership in the times preceeding, during, and after the revolution, its a big field of study. Masonry was extremely popular, but not THAT popular.

and powerful people of the world(most presidents included)

You hadn't heard it because.....its not true. The minority of presidents were freemasons.

Freemasonry was born out of the ideals of the enlightenment and the age of reason. It was a radical liberal orgnaization, especially in the US and continental europe, less so within the british empire. Its members participated in many revolutions against the old tyrannies, like in the american revolution, the bolivarian revolutions, the italian revolution, etc etc. You don't hear much about this because most peopel are stupid and ignorant and would rather have someone else teach them, rather than study the subject for themselves.

and influential people want this world to become more like 1984? Anyone who heeds H.G. Wells warning has no excuse except hiding their heads in the sand.

HG Wells didn't write 1984. He DID write a book about the NWO, but he was IN FAVOUR of it.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   

You can watch him say it right here:

Freemason Council

So why aren't these "Freemasonic Principles" taught in schools?

I think I know why, but I'd rather not say.

They are taught in school...freedom, the right to choose, the freedom from fear. the idea that all men are created equil, and the idea of looking at a mans inside instead of a mans outside to see the true person he/she really is. Those are all masonic principles and they are all taught in school.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
oh and just a correction he wasnt a Grand Master at all...he was only a past master of his lodge. that's all. and its not a "freemason" counsil he's at, he's clearly defending himself to someone for some untold reason.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
[\quote]

They are taught in school...freedom, the right to choose, the freedom from fear. the idea that all men are created equil, and the idea of looking at a mans inside instead of a mans outside to see the true person he/she really is. Those are all masonic principles and they are all taught in school.

you are right umwovlves the ideals are taught but maybe not to the degree that eudaimonia means my personal thoughts on the subject is that while we are born free, to a certain degree freedom must be chosen as well

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 08:58 AM
link   

In my opinion secret societies are killing this planet.

No , People are killing this planet. People with their ME first, I gotta have my( fill in
the blank) mentality.

new topics

top topics

join