It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Trafficking Ring Busted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Acting on information obtained following a traffic stop by NJ State Troopers of two vehicles containing at least 10 women who had been working as DC area prostitutes, ICE agents raided 15 locations in the New Jersey area and arrested 66 individuals on illegal money transfer and immigration charges. It is thought that the women involved in the original traffic stop were on their way back to New Jersey after finishing their shifts in DC area brothels.

www.comcast.net
NEWARK, N.J. - Federal agents rounded up 66 people Monday in a series of raids described by officials as smashing a ring that smuggled Mexicans into the United States and may have forced women to work as prostitutes.

Officers with the Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement raided 15 locations in New Jersey and New York early Monday after New Jersey State Police pulled over two vehicles containing at least 10 women who had been working in brothels in Maryland, Virginia and Washington, said Kyle Hutchins, special agent in charge of the bureau's Newark office.

None of the alleged prostitution took place in New Jersey, authorities said. Rather, when their weekly or monthly shifts in Washington-area brothels were finished, the women would be driven to northern New Jersey and New York, Hutchins said.

Thirty-six women and 30 men were taken into custody, Hutchins said. Two were charged with illegal money transfer and the rest were being held on immigration charges alleging they were in this country illegally, he said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I am glad to see decisive action being taken to stop human trafficking for the sex trade.

The fact that these unfortunate women were being forced to travel from New Jersey to work in brothels in the Washington DC area makes me wonder if this bust isn't related to the recent allegations that disgraced former Rep. Randall "Duke" Cunningham was provided with the services of prostitutes by his co-conspirators Mitchell Wade and Brent Wilkes.

Regardless of what the connections are, I hope the whole sordid mess keeps coming unravelled from here on out.

Related News Links:
www.abovetopsecret.com

[edit on 2-5-2006 by Icarus Rising]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This DEFINITELY smells funny being that the women were forced to "work" in the DC area among other places. It's long been talked about by political insiders that certain electeds frequent such establishments.

Now what I'm curious about is if such an operation gets busted as in this case... what if their "little black book" of customers gets out? We can't even begin to know who could be in the DC black book of these "businesses."

Human trafficking, helping illegal immigration, patronizing brothels... the potential is explosive.

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Actually, that is what I am hoping will be true about this story. I hope this bust has caught the tail of the beast that is the corruption among our elected leaders in Washington, DC, much like a cat catches the end of a ball of string in its paw and proceeds to unravel the entire ball, swatting it around and leaving a trail all the way back to the beginning that leads all the way to the center of the ball of string.

I sincerely hope that the "little black books" are found and entered into evidence, not used to further blackmail our leaders and further subvert our political system. This whole clandestine system of corruption and control of our elected leaders needs to be brought out into the open and acted upon by the judiciary, if we can find a few righteous prosecutors and judges out there that will act with honesty and integrity in the interests of the people while there is still time.

new topics

join