It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Do we believe so in religion so blindly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
So, if I'm not part of the RC then I won't goto hell? I'll still get into heaven? If that's the case ... why bother becoming an RC? Or am I misunderstanding you and I will goto hell?

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   
No one has a get in free card - LOL. It's just that you aren't condemned flat out.

Of course, if you want to count on the intervention of others to get you there, you may be disappointed, as previously stated in the thread a lot of people don't set very good examples of their faith, so there may not be enough intercession to go around.

Truly, follow your path & keep your heart and mind open, unless it leads you to true evil and hate, you are probably okay.

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
The subject line suggests we all blindly believe.
Or maybe you view societies belief as a blind venture to salvation? I used to think the same way, i outright refused Christianity.

The thing we should understand is.. Religion and God is differant
We may blindly follow a religion hoping to please God yes. But acknowledging Gods existance is as easy as realising your alive

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
I know a person who is not religious that had an NDE. He didn't experience God and Heaven, but he experienced something wonderful and full of love and light.

So I'm very open to the possibility that when we die, we will experience what we expect to see and feel. We might not have the same experience, but it's all part of the path to the afterlife, which also doesn't have to be the same for each person.

On the Near death experience website www.near-death.com It says about this, the gist being, If you go to heaven loking for a god of pretty much any description, you won't find it, all you will find is a light full of love.

Thats just what I've read, I've never had one.

posted on May, 13 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I don't believe in any religion, I am a follower of Christ. I also don't believe in anything blindly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join