It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Space Marines:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 09:34 AM
link   
US Marine Space Program? I've had discussions with a couple different ex-military who have told me that a program already exists.

This dated Oct 13, 2003-

Very quietly, a bold new vision for space is taking place within the halls of the Pentagon. And the Branch of the service behind this wonderful new development is none other that the United States Marine Corps. Hoo-RAH!
To quote a a recent Universal Need Statement (UNS):

"The Marine Corps needs a capability to transport small mission-tailored units thru space from any point on the globe to a contingency at any other point on the globe within minutes...This includes a need for flexibility, such as the ability to loiter in Low Earth Orbit to optimise the time of insertion..."

"The War on Terrorism highlights the need for flexible, rapid response options to contingencies around the world at their earliest stages..."

General Medaris, who once called for troop rockets, would be proud.

www.spacedaily.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Interesting, but hoorah is from the command and conquer game. Hooah is the Army and Semper Fi is the Marines. that knowledge will help you avoid pissing off any Marines you meet.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Isn't it awfully expensive to launch troops into space and have them crach in teh middle of hostile territory where they're prone to be shot down? Perhaps the speed of deployment isn't worth the cost, but advances in aerospace technology should prove otherwise. Then it would only be sensible to deploy a large number of them, which means mass transit in space. The marines would each have to be equipped with space gear, which has to be ridden of once they reach their destination.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Even if there were an orbital military complex (eliminating the costs of take-off), there would still be what, a couple hours just to land a shuttle like craft?

No, I don't think this would be possible. There are too many other options, like satilites, aircraft carriers, submarines... a space marine invasion just wouldn't work.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
soothsayer, don't tell me your reffering to the "space shuttle" are you?

The space shuttle is crap!
I assure you, the government has several more advance craft then a giant space shuttle.
As for mobile marines, why not a floating aircraft carrier?
It's a pretty tight idea, besides, it's not like we don't have maglev technology already...

Another thought:
Japan has matter transport beams, why don't we just use those?

- Tass

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I thought the matter transporter beams were incredibly slow, only being able to move one molecule at a time. Maybe I'm thinking of someone elses though.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
No, not the space shuttle... think more along the lines of the lander from Aliens; you had the main ship, the atmospheric plane, then the armoured pc.

However, a floating carrier would be great to see... reminds me of Nick Fury, though...

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Not surprised at all. The US has to expand frontiers. This was a predictable and necessary move. Oh yea, and I agree with tass im sure we have maglev technology and we have some crazy stuff in space.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 02:30 AM
link   
just who is the us attempting to prepare a war against?...
the capital and trade embargos have nearly crippled most other countries into democratic submission why the build up?...
and if its against the christ body they will loose!!...

and not some backwoods general claiming hes a messenger of god(false prophet)...

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Watch the news... is there a country that Bush isn't aiming for?

Ya'know, Bush reminds me alot of Stalin... "Bow to the wishes of my America, or I will crush you!"...

(I am so glad he really didn't win the presidency)

new topics

top topics

join